Author Topic: A declaration of war?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
A declaration of war?
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:19:58 pm »
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battleroster&id=1509

Considering that we had trade agreements with remnant over the city of mechin, and as mechin was just transferred to FCC this constitutes a hostile action on dharan policy. WE BOUGHT GOODS BEFORE TRANSFER AND WERE ATTACKED!

If some member from FCC (with authority) could contact me I would be appreciative, otherwise I'll have to march against FCC for this transgression on an already guaranteed trade route, by all factions at the time it was done.(The remnants as owners of Mechin, and the owner of Ismarala.)

The trade deals:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:52:31 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: A declaration of war?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:24:04 pm »
Let me get this right.. a fief was transferred to us by its owner... u had trade with the old owner. u are now declaring war on fcc since we now own the fief?

Am I missing anything?
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:25:22 pm »
Let me get this right.. a fief was transferred to us by its owner... u had trade with the old owner. u are now declaring war on fcc since we now own the fief?

Am I missing anything?

The trade was done and we were LEAVING the area after the transfer and we got attacked by Huey with all of those goods.

AKA Trade done with old owner, new owner didn't like and attacked.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:25:46 pm »
Wouldn't you go to war with Remnant for re-negging on a trade deal?

*NINJA EDIT* NM you didn't specify in the OP that you got attacked. 

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:39:23 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
Wouldn't you go to war with Remnant for re-negging on a trade deal?

No it was FCC who attacked us. LOOK AT THE LINK UP ABOVE!

This is also why I have a question mark. Since I'm sure it's a mistake, but I don't know who to contact.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29:58 pm »
Hold on, you want to declare war on Remnants for being attacked by another faction after we transferred a fief to them?

What the fuck do you put in your breakfast cereal, mate?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »
NO! I want to talk to someone within FCC since they attacked US after we had done a trade deal with YOU. SO they are the aggressors. You guys are fine. Remnant is only a part because we had the deal with them at mechin, and bought goods there while under remnant control, as per the deal.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »
Well if you were leaving our fief with the sd then it is fcc policy to attack. Old trade agreements do not transfer with the fief.

I would talk with huey or kesh both leaders (with authority) in that area.
Leader of BS

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 04:34:25 pm »
Ok, glad to hear. That sounded different in your OP pre edit.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »
Yea people pointed it out so I made changes to better reflect what I ment!

Well if you were leaving our fief with the sd then it is fcc policy to attack. Old trade agreements do not transfer with the fief.

I would talk with huey or kesh both leaders (with authority) in that area.

Right, but the S/D was bought while under remnant control. Thus, we had rights to it, but now that FCC has it, they are taking back S/D that wasn't theres.

Well I'd like to talk to Kesh or Huey then, if someone can send them into TS, or Via PMs. This is a pretty evil blow by FCC.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »
Just so people know: I edited the first page with Trade Deals since I was able to get them.
(sorry for double post, but I feel it's warranted)

We got PERMISSION to clear out the S/D by the owner. So Please come and talk to me FCC cause this seems like an unfair aggression on us.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:03 pm »
        We had been working on the transfer of Mechin for a week now (just no one was around at same time for direct transfer), so we finally just attacked.  What Chris P Bacon did was 10 minutes before the battle was to commence (or even after it transferred as I I know you cant sell ina  fief under atatck, may not be able to buy either, either way it had all the S&D 15 minutes before the battle started when we last checked) with an obvious big red attack on Mechin took all the S&D without asking if he could, trying to nab it before the transfer completed or just after it transferred.  The timing was a little too obvious that he was trying to grab the S&D before the village switched hands. 
     No trade agreement allows for that kind of abuse as all the S&D built up in the 24 hour window before the attack (it was close to 0 when I initiated my attack on mechin) we had planned on buying disappeared at the time of the battle.  It was a cheap attempt at taking our S&D hoping that some old trade agreement would cover taking it in front of our eyes just as it was being transferred.

I'm sorry but he is not going to get away with stealing 800 S&D like that.  With our distance bonuses its like stealing 80,000 gold from us.  You can talk to us on teamspeak tonight if you want, but what Chris P Bacon tried to pull was pretty cheap considering his timing and should have been pretty obvious he needed to talk to us with it being under attack for 24 hours when he did this.

P.S. had you talked to Remnant about another trade run to Mechin they could have told you about the transfer so you would know not to do another one.  Not even sure what kind of agreement you had with them, would be glad if a remnant shared that.  But the heart of the matter was it was taken as the fief was finally being trasnferred after the 24 hour buildup to the attack either 10 minutes or less before or even after the attack finished.  We have plenty of open trade fiefs, but mechin is not one of them.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:21 pm »
Trade deals discussed with old owners null and void when we hit the attack button. U know our ts go see if huey or kesh is around. I am just checking from phone at work.
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »
        We had been working on the transfer of Mechin for a week now (just no one was around at same time for direct transfer), so we finally just attacked.  What Chris P Bacon did was 10 minutes before the battle was to commence (or even after it transferred as I I know you cant sell ina  fief under atatck, may not be able to buy either, either way it had all the S&D 15 minutes before the battle started when we last checked) with an obvious big red attack on Mechin took all the S&D without asking if he could, trying to nab it before the transfer completed or just after it transferred.  The timing was a little too obvious that he was trying to grab the S&D before the village switched hands. 
     No trade agreement allows for that kind of abuse as all the S&D built up in the 24 hour window before the attack (it was close to 0 when I initiated my attack on mechin) we had planned on buying disappeared at the time of the battle.  It was a cheap attempt at taking our S&D hoping that some old trade agreement would cover taking it in front of our eyes just as it was being transferred.

I'm sorry but he is not going to get away with stealing 800 S&D like that.  With our distance bonuses its like stealing 80,000 gold from us.  You can talk to us on teamspeak tonight if you want, but what Chris P Bacon tried to pull was pretty cheap considering his timing and should have been pretty obvious he needed to talk to us with it being under attack for 24 hours when he did this.

P.S. had you talked to Remnant about another trade run to Mechin they could have told you about the transfer so you would know not to do another one.  Not even sure what kind of agreement you had with them, would be glad if a remnant shared that.  But the heart of the matter was it was taken as the fief was finally being trasnferred after the 24 hour buildup to the attack either 10 minutes or less before or even after the attack finished.  We have plenty of open trade fiefs, but mechin is not one of them.

Please re read my first post. Remnant TOLD him to clear the S/D. He couldn't buy it AFTER the attack or during, so it was bought, before the transfer AT REMNANTS request.

Either way it was BOUGHT BEFORE THE ATTACK. Regardless of reason at remnants request and their allowing him. So, if you have a problem, then it's with remnant for authorizing the sale. He was only doing 250 and then was told: HEY BUY IT ALL. and that's EXACTLY what he did. Also he got the go ahead november 16 to do that. So I have no clue when the village transfer happen, but it was within the past 3 days .

Facts speak for themselves, this is an aggressive maneuver cause Remnant screwed you guys in a deal so you're hitting the guy who did everything he was allowed to by the side that let him.

Also he only bought 500 goods. He already had 250 from when he stopped by earlier. So don't try and bullshit 800 stolen S/D. He doesn't even have 800 goods(700 something with a bunch being bought earlier. He bought more cause he was coming back from ismarala)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:12:12 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Espwn

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Frodo_BRD, Samwise_the_Stouthearted
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
I'll have to march against FCC for this transgression.

Are you sure you want to do that?

It seems like you took S&D from a fief we own, regardless of old trade agreements. If we see someone running away with our goods in our territory unannounced, we attack them. You should have let us know beforehand.