Author Topic: Unban Dutchy_KUTT on strat please  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
Unban Dutchy_KUTT on strat please
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:08:39 am »
Ok so I have been banned from strat.All I am guilty of is acting childish in the forums in the way of stirring FCC members because a bug affected them and I found it funny at the time.Im sorry for that now but it was just out of frustration as it has been stressful being on the recieving end of a well organised slaughter of KUTT.At the time I found it funny and stirred but I was not abusive.If this is the reason for my bann then I except it but would wonder why all the other stirring in the forums isnt delt with the same.I did not try and expliot anything,I was always retreating and I didnt realise when you attacked that you didnt get pesant gear so I had 100 naked troops,so I was always retreating and I was at the battle field so I could sound the offical retreat as it was still some fun RP.Also as soon as the battle was finished I was looking forward to seeing where I spawned but unfortunatly another bug happened and I didnt teleport at all being left right in the middle of FCC lands(which pissed me off).Then I saw the strat thread and posted in it to vent a little I guess.

KUTT was retreating all battles last night for a few reasons and I personally wanted a free ride out of FCC lands and also to to show the acknowledgement of defeat.I would like to add as painfull as it was getting my ass kicked I did admire the way FCC flawlessly defeated us.They planned all the right gear and had awesome tactics for each individual map.As far as having fun getting your ass kicked go's it was an A+ and I congratualate all involved.I hope you people involved will except my apology for acting imature.

We had 4 battles this morning:

1st: Defender retreated with no problems.
2nd: Defender retreated but somehow attackers lost.
3rd: Possible attempt to recreate the glitch but failed, likely because they were the attacker in this one.
4th: Defender didn't bother to show up, which was probably related to the drama seen in this thread.

Dutchy was the one to initiate the retreat all 3 times. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it weren't for his incredibly suspect posts in this thread. Now I wonder why they would bother to show up at all when they only had 100 man armies and the plan was to retreat? If they had no intention of fighting and the result would be the same either way why bother unless he was aware of a glitch? There was an issue with someone retreating earlier in the war. Was that Dutchy, too?

As this shows all battle's where retreated last night,it is inncorrect that I initiated any retreat but my own battle and it is not possible because im not a rank10 in KUTT.This is my list of events:

1st: Defender retreated with no problems.As planned
2nd: Defender retreated but somehow attackers lost.Not as planned
3rd: My battle Attacker retreated but somehow I lost all my troops but didnt teleport :(Not as planned
4th:I didnt show up to this battle because I was frustrated at not teleporting and decided to go stirr FCC in a imature maner and vent my frustraions in a forum they had just posted.But in my defence I was not abusive.In hindsight I should of just confirmed this bug if I wanted to post in the thread.

Basically I feel like I have been held guilty before proven innocent and falsly accused.I dont believe my C grade trolling is worthy of a bann or even a warning.Please unban me?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:03:57 am by Dutchydave »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Unban Dutchy_KUTT on strat please
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:00:03 am »
Dutchy and i talked. he is sorry for trash talking and rubbing the misfortune in. He confirms there was a bug and the retreating defender got all the equipment for some reason. FCC cool down and let this be handled by the devs. No need to bring any more anger into it.

I do not think Dutchy should be banned from strat. A bug was found. Lets learn from it.

Ohay
Leader of BS

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:32:24 am »
Troll's remorse.

Are you saying that after wasting 800 troops, hundreds of tickets worth of gear, and the free time of everyone who showed up to those battles, none of which can be refunded, you think you should get off without either a ban or even a warning?

As this shows all battle's where retreated last night,it is inncorrect that I initiated any retreat but my own battle and it is not possible because im not a rank10 in KUTT.

So you're saying that you were responsible for retreating in the battle where you were the attacker, which is the one that came immediately after Doom discovered the glitch?

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:40 am »
Troll's remorse.

Are you saying that after wasting 800 troops, hundreds of tickets worth of gear, and the free time of everyone who showed up to those battles, none of which can be refunded, you think you should get off without either a ban or even a warning?

So you're saying that you were responsible for retreating in the battle where you were the attacker, which is the one that came immediately after Doom discovered the glitch?

I didnt retreat the battle that bugged and why should I be punished for a bug anyway.I was always retreating anyway regardless of what happened in Dooms battle.It was more of a RP thing.More fun then watching 100 naked troops get slaughtered,What sort of leader would I be to send 100 naked men out to be slayed?

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:54:11 am »
Dutchy is a nice dude and I find it hard to believe he intentionally abused a glitch.  If he made light of the glitch it was probably in relief more than anything,  And let's be honest when bad things happen to other people it's funny.  Just relax and chalk it up to buggy mod has bugs. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:19:29 am »
why should I be punished for a bug anyway

Because you participated in Doom's battle right before and saw that retreating before the battle begins can possibly result in the other side automatically losing. You then tried it again in the next battle (your own) and found out that it only works if you are the defender. You saw firsthand that retreating before the battle begins can possibly result in what is an obvious glitch and then attempted to recreate it, without success.

If you actually want to be unbanned, you should show that you're actually sorry. You should be working to return FCC the gear and troops you stole from them and offer an apology to both them and the rest of the community in which you actually admit that you were intentionally trying to exploit, instead of dancing around the issue, trying to play the weak excuse of "I was just pretending to be retarded", and claiming that you're being punished unfairly.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:39:54 am »
Because you participated in Doom's battle right before and saw that retreating before the battle begins can possibly result in the other side automatically losing. You then tried it again in the next battle (your own) and found out that it only works if you are the defender. You saw firsthand that retreating before the battle begins can possibly result in what is an obvious glitch and then attempted to recreate it, without success.

If you actually want to be unbanned, you should show that you're actually sorry. You should be working to return FCC the gear and troops you stole from them and offer an apology to both them and the rest of the community in which you actually admit that you were intentionally trying to exploit, instead of dancing around the issue, trying to play the weak excuse of "I was just pretending to be retarded", and claiming that you're being punished unfairly.

LOL you obviously arnt reading this as if you did you would realise I do not have any gear and I didnt  teleport.Thanks for calling me a retard,thats nice of you and is why im not going to reply to any other rubish you say as its clear you are just a person who hasnt got a clue of what happened and are just trying to blame me for a bug that happened,otherwise you are just trolling me.Really why else would I attack with 100 unarmed troops?If I knew of a bug I wouldnt expliot it anyway,but if I was the sort of person that would then clearly I wouldnt of attacked as I was going to be kicked out of Curaw and attacked anyway,I just wanted to beat FCC to the crunch of finishing me off.And who knows with the time of the battle I was hoping there was a small chance no one would show up and I might score the 200 crates the enemy had.

Yes I have clearly stated that I was sorry for the extremly mild trolling I did and even addmitted that I acted imature.But why would I be sorry for explioting a bug that had only just been found,when I had no intention of doing such a thing?For the record its a 1 off bug anyway.If I did get any gear from a bug,i would give it back if asked nicely as it wouldnt of been my fault if that happened anyway,how can I be held responsible for a bug?

I have never "actually admitted" that I was intentionally trying to exploit as you claim and thats because I wasnt.Anyway im locking this thread now so I dont have to keep going around in circles when people like you who havnt read through the threads(or clearly cant understand english) start making up crap like I addmitted to something when I didnt.I have stated my case I have done nothing wronge apart from mild trolling which unfortunatly you find on every thread.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:16:23 pm by Dutchydave »