Poll

How's My Driving?

Heavy on the Horn (too ban happy)
5 (6.6%)
Light on the Brakes (not ban happy enough)
11 (14.5%)
10-4 Good Buddy (just right)
47 (61.8%)
Roadkill (I'm here to complain because you banned me)
13 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: [NA] MrShine  (Read 10155 times)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
Re: [NA] MrShine
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
+1
he just got kicked for leeching :O

I demand JUSTICE!!

seriously :
I luv you!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »
+1
After you took care of my ban request pretty quick and efficiently I started reading the other situations you handled. Not bad.

Zan seal of approval to a good admin.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 07:50:01 pm »
+1
I appreciate the feedback on my thread, Shine.  Your post is fair however I do agree with you (lol) your decision is a bit light;  oh well.  Thanks again.

Stolz

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 02:54:36 am »
+1
Thank you for your level-headedness about the whole ordeal.  I understand your dissatisfaction - I think that thread was a situation where not everyone can be pleased with my decision.  In those situations I find I have to err on the side of caution with bans, because I'd rather be too light in a situation someone should be banned than too heavy-handed in a situation where someone doesn't deserve it.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 02:12:24 am »
+2
Shine, I'll give you two gum rappers and a half eaten apple if you temp ban some particular people. Don't pass this deal up man....
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 07:03:45 am »
+4
Shine, I'll give you two gum rappers and a half eaten apple if you temp ban some particular people. Don't pass this deal up man....
This could be the start of a beautiful relationship
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 06:19:54 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:58:24 pm by Risen_Jack »

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »
+1
well yeah, i did "tw" him.   thing was i logged in a few times all without weapons and as level 1.   i literally was just messing around punching people as a naked level 1.   that no namer who put out a ban request needs to learn the way of the community,.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 12:25:24 am »
+2
well yeah, i did "tw" him.   thing was i logged in a few times all without weapons and as level 1.   i literally was just messing around punching people as a naked level 1.   that no namer who put out a ban request needs to learn the way of the community,.

So you were leeching and TWing?

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »
+1
Lmao, about to say

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »
So you were leeching and TWing?

are you always trolling these boards dude? haha. go play pokemon or something more your speed, or go make another ugly face for your character. :)

i dont believe you can really dmg anyone really being level 1 naked. and you  cant really leech. anyone who thinks its fun to be level 1 for more then a minute needs a shot in the mouth.  I just am really disappointed that I have been banned several times for nonsense by no-namers.   people should really gain a reputation before anyone takes anything seriously... id take it with a grain of salt.

look, the ban couldnt have came at a better time. im moving, and dont have time to play at the moment anyway :) ... and i dont have a problem being "disciplined", but im certain that these people have nothing better to do then get a boner over making a post after playing crpg for an hour or two and getting a long time fan favorite like myself banned.  there should be a certain criteria met before anyone takes these low lifes seriously... i mean they come in, bitching about this and that, balance this and that, and they dont even understand the fabric of crpg, let alone the community. they act like they are 8 years old, and whining like they are playing minecraft.

look. i have slimpyman fans. and my fans and I are always playing around.  how was I to know he wasnt a slimpyman fan?  its not my fault some people have sand in their vaginas. but on all else, check the logs. the dude tked me after a few punches.    if you have to embrace the rules, do so without prejudice.   I know i have gotten banned in the past for being the reciever of multiple tw's, and the time i reciprocate, they make a ban thread and get me banned.

im nearly 30 years old. i dont have time to make ban threads, and i grew up on an internet where you dealt with matters on your own...  not be the one who says, "wait till your father gets home!", and let someone else deal with the issue.

im the best piker in crpg, and i should be treated like so. :)

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »
+1
im not lashing out on anyone.  :)
and mr shine is a good man in my book.   i guess im just frustrated with the quality of the playerbase as of recently, and how they are going to be the demise of the community.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 07:12:29 pm »
+1
i dont believe you can really dmg anyone really being level 1 naked. and you  cant really leech.

It still messes up the teambalancing.  If you have no equipment you can't contribute, but still count as a player to the balance system.  And even minor teamdamage adds up.

I have been banned several times for nonsense by no-namers.   people should really gain a reputation before anyone takes anything seriously

And now you are getting a reputation as a repeatedly-banned player.  Just because you are "an old player," doesn't mean you are entitled to special rules.  You broke the server rules, got caught, and have been punished justly by MrShine.

We need to cherish admins who haven't been corrupted by "he's an old player/popular player so I won't ban him" disease that some other admins have become infected with.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 07:31:17 pm »
+1

It still messes up the teambalancing.  If you have no equipment you can't contribute, but still count as a player to the balance system.  And even minor teamdamage adds up.

A level 1 doesn't really effect teambalance as far as I know.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »
+6
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln