Author Topic: Dear Global Moderator  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Dear Global Moderator
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:48 am »
+7
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Noctivagant,

You have received a warning for in regards to the following messages:
Re: Free trading area of Dhirim and
Re: Free trading area of Dhirim.
The diplomacy forum has its own special rules which are to be followed. Please cease your current posting activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

You may find the rules here: http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/important-diplomacy-forum-rules/

Regards,
The Melee Gaming Team.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Try to contact them yourself, I'm sure they can be friendly when you show the money or you can buy some bodyguards. We are not called Mercenaries for nothing.

What the hell is wrong with this post (reading the rules that chadz posted)

and on the second post I'm indirectly mentioning the rule :

- stay on topic

Which other people are seriously off-topic and talking about sucking dicks and such in a trade forum, I don't know who you are but you do nothing about it then giving me a warning for what? suggesting people that they should contact us for hiring as bodyguards?

What are you doing seriously?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: Dear Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:57 am »
+4
It seems one of the moderators is trying to prove he is active/ usefull by warning everyone that post something that is in some way potentially maybe not completely related to the topic in the diplomatic section.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »
+1
he was just trying to please the crowd like I fucking invited these people to go off topic

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »
+2
Someone of the Global Moderators is clearly enjoying his own powers lol. Hope it's not Canary ;/

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:52:02 pm »
Well the lesson have learned, just report spam it

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:49:06 pm »
Well the lesson have learned, just report spam it

Yeah, don't do that because there will only be more warnings for report spam! Personally what you posted above, I would have no trouble with, the image isn't completely relevant to the subject but even though it is diplomacy, you should still be able to joke a little... Half of diplomacy is about making sure you're an approachable person, but then that is me and there will be differences between the moderators as to how hard they come down on people if at all.

Also, checking the logs it states that it was for a video as well; "Diplomacy section (image, video)".

Taking a gander;

(click to show/hide)

Even I cannot see how that is on topic, it's just insults.

On the other hand, I think I will start writing my own messages that are sent to people if its something that is across multiple posts or similar, shouldn't be too much hassle given the activity of the other mods.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 03:06:56 pm »
Yeah, don't do that because there will only be more warnings for report spam! Personally what you posted above, I would have no trouble with, the image isn't completely relevant to the subject but even though it is diplomacy, you should still be able to joke a little... Half of diplomacy is about making sure you're an approachable person, but then that is me and there will be differences between the moderators as to how hard they come down on people if at all.

Also, checking the logs it states that it was for a video as well; "Diplomacy section (image, video)".

Taking a gander;

(click to show/hide)

Even I cannot see how that is on topic, it's just insults.

On the other hand, I think I will start writing my own messages that are sent to people if its something that is across multiple posts or similar, shouldn't be too much hassle given the activity of the other mods.

Well report spamming me worked didn't it?  then I report spam everything which I didn't mind before but which could be considered against the rules, but things shouldn't work like that.
"I received warning so he should receive too!" thats just dumb sorry. Moderators should not serve for butthurt people.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:38 pm »
+2
Well report spamming me worked didn't it?  then I report spam everything which I didn't mind before but which could be considered against the rules, but things shouldn't work like that.
"I received warning so he should receive too!" thats just dumb sorry. Moderators should not serve for butthurt people.

I don't know, I assume if you said "report spamming me worked" then people did indeed report your posts, probably for their irelevant content. Please don't get me wrong here, I'm just being devil's advocate to get the full picture. I completely agree that things shouldn't work like that, but people aren't above doing it, "tit for tat" and all that.

There has been quite an increase in the number of reports and most of them are rubbish, which is a pain in the arse to sift through, just childish grudges that people seem to have against other clans and players, I see no rhyme or reason for it particularly over strategus that gets wiped every now and then, if you don't like what they did, go and stab them in game and laugh about it, you can't do that in real life to some arsehole can you? (Well, you can, but chances are you won't get away with it!  :lol:)

With regards to "moderators should not serve for butthurt people" - we don't, we see a post, deem it inappropriate and we take action, it doesn't matter who posts a report if there was one at all. I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but personally I don't sit there looking through the reports and go "oh, so-in-so reported blah-blah, I'll warn blah-blah because so-in-so is unhappy."

As I say, report spamming is a bad idea, if we see someone has reported several posts that are perfectly reasonable from a single person for example then it goes through as report spam.

At the end of the day, we're not machines (well... I'm still unconvinced about Odin, always has a massive stock of Gifs...), we're given a set of rules and use our judgement to determine whether someone has broken them, and dish out a punishment equal to our judgement.

This took me too long to write so it probably doesn't make all that much sense.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 03:30:29 pm »
I don't know, I assume if you said "report spamming me worked" then people did indeed report your posts, probably for their irelevant content. Please don't get me wrong here, I'm just being devil's advocate to get the full picture. I completely agree that things shouldn't work like that, but people aren't above doing it, "tit for tat" and all that.

There has been quite an increase in the number of reports and most of them are rubbish, which is a pain in the arse to sift through, just childish grudges that people seem to have against other clans and players, I see no rhyme or reason for it particularly over strategus that gets wiped every now and then, if you don't like what they did, go and stab them in game and laugh about it, you can't do that in real life to some arsehole can you? (Well, you can, but chances are you won't get away with it!  :lol:)

With regards to "moderators should not serve for butthurt people" - we don't, we see a post, deem it inappropriate and we take action, it doesn't matter who posts a report if there was one at all. I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but personally I don't sit there looking through the reports and go "oh, so-in-so reported blah-blah, I'll warn blah-blah because so-in-so is unhappy."

As I say, report spamming is a bad idea, if we see someone has reported several posts that are perfectly reasonable from a single person for example then it goes through as report spam.

At the end of the day, we're not machines (well... I'm still unconvinced about Odin, always has a massive stock of Gifs...), we're given a set of rules and use our judgement to determine whether someone has broken them, and dish out a punishment equal to our judgement.

This took me too long to write so it probably doesn't make all that much sense.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/free-trading-area-of-dhirim/msg620234/#msg620234 thats speaks for itself.
then I contacted the gmod and he just said : "report it"

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/free-trading-area-of-dhirim/msg620234/#msg620234 thats speaks for itself.
then I contacted the gmod and he just said : "report it"

Well, he's muted now, reading the logs he did quite a number of things wrong. That report was closed recently as well, a warning was given to him for that too, which didn't help his red "muted" tags. That was clearly irelevant and as such reporting it was the right thing to do. The mod probably wasn't going to be able to deal with it at that moment in time. That's just speculation of course.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 04:08:33 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Good post. I'm going to show my presence too. If you get warning levels from Diplomacy board, there is a high possibility that it's Canary. I'm not particularly interested in diplomatic affairs and rarely post to the section myself (I was able to find one post) so I'm not too eager to go and do Rambo moderating there. It's just logical because I'm not familiar with the role play there. This is just me.

Report spamming (meaning you report several posts in a row and possibly from same user) isn't going to help. It could actually lessen the possibility to intervene in my opinion. I usually start thinking that the report spammer is someone who is permanently butthurt to some people. (Hi Mike!)

Reporting someone for being retarded is also something I find rather peculiar. I mean what do you want ME to do about it?! Delete his post? But you just reported that he's a "retard". I'm not going to discriminate that poor fellow for being disabled. Same goes for all reports containing "idiot", "stupid", "troll" etc. Good informative descriptions fellas...

And yes I could moderate my own gif posting Tenne. Kafein already said there must be several individuals using my account to post Supernatural gifs because he thinks that one man would never bother :mrgreen:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 05:07:36 pm »
+3
Generally I'm saying warning without looking at the contents of the topic is not logical, just looking at a single report usually gives the wrong impression (I did moderate on this forum before) Moderator has to see why that user has replied that way and if he is replying to someone to see, if someone is griefing or not. I've seen people reporting replies just to get the other guy in trouble.
The discussion shouldn't go any further than this, its quite obvious and I'm sure everyone got the point.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 05:11:15 pm »
+5
The forum is getting heavily populated with everyone sporting Green Watches!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »
Generally I'm saying warning without looking at the contents of the topic is not logical, just looking at a single report usually gives the wrong impression.

Amen. That's why I always want to read the whole topic first. And that's why I don't go to diplomacy board. I get confused and hurt my head :rolleyes:

There is no sight in my third eye