Author Topic: Nasi his Guide to becoming a STR whore.  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Nasi his Guide to becoming a STR whore.
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:23 pm »
+13
                                                                                                       The STR whore guide !
                                                                                                                     By Nasi AKA Darian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The content
1. Why would you go STR?
2. + and - of going STR.
3. General tips for evrything.
4. Strenght whore 2hander!
-Builds
-Armours
- weapons
- battle ( the beggining , mid battle , and late )
- siege ( defending , attacking )
- a quick what to and what not to ( for the lazy people )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                        Why would you go STR?
+ points.
  • Survivability , 1 points in STR gives 1 health and it allows you to get higher IF for even more health.
  • Mistakes are not punished that hard , you wont get one hitted if you miss a block.
  • Very good at securing kills because of your high damage and 1v1 if played correctly you just got a major advantage.
  • Alot of crowd contol with certain weapons.

- points.
  • Slow speed , this means that you cant get out of nasty situations you , It's hard for you to dodge cav and 2 lancers will kill you , you sometimes cant keep up with your team and that means that you're either unable to retreat with them ( resulting in your dead due a gank) or you cant keep up with them charging ( meaning you will become cav bait)
  • In order to make full use of your STR build you need high damaging weapons and high armour , that means you will get expensive upkeep and usualy shorter weapons.
  • Once the enemy team realises your a thread or you got yourself some name fame , they will sometimes target you first or quickly and because your very slow you cant realy do anything if your team doesn't back you up then.
  • Against certain enemy combo's your just hopeless : xbowmen , archers , cav , and long spears and pikes ganking you .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General tips:
1. Place your view outfit button ( normaly is ~) into a "z" or a "x" this allows you to look around you in 360 degree and it also goes faster than realy turning around.
2. Always get some friend of you to join you for support, you will be at your full power when you your teammates got you covered.
3. Always make sure than you can see your teammates left and right of you , as I said your slower doing this will make sure you dont get surrounded and ganked.
4. If you're a shielder and holding a shield wall , use your view outfit button to scan around you for cav or archers going into crossfire , doing this will make sure that your shield wall doesn't get crushed by cav before the enemy charges.
5. As an STR build I cant tell you how hard you must ignore peasant at all cost, I cant count the times I tryd to get one and it got me ganked and or strayed of from my team with nothing as an reward.
6. Instead aim for dangerous target , you see Byzantium_Teeth going on to your team prioritise him if you manage to give him one hit he will be down to maybe 10% or even death making him much les dangerous .
7. You should never be afraid to engage as an STR build, but you should realy know when to engage because as I said earlier you can't retreat.
8. Never get tunnel visioned as an STR build , what I usualy do alot is maybe finish this one guy of or hit him then right after turn around or look to my left or right so see if there are any targets I can backstab. Do realy know which targets are in your range and what targets are best to get later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two hander STR whore!
Going Strengt 2hander is my my favorite strenght build , because it's very versitaile and unlike maybe 1h and polearm because of the sweet animations you get a nice speed and alot of range.
Builds
My personal favorite:
(click to show/hide)
My second choice:
(click to show/hide)
If you prefer more agi:
(click to show/hide)
The most balanced and in my opinions the most powerfull build:
(click to show/hide)

What armours to use with what build.
First off id have to say that this is mostly personal preference , but ill give you my advice on what I think worked best.
Build #1: Anything from 18 weight and up, because with this build you wont have any speed anyway and you wont be stacking IF either so you got to get your tincan on.
Build #2: Anything from 12 weight and up , because with this build you will be more tanky by nature and you could roll tincan and get even more durability or get some more speed it's up to you.
Build #3 : anything from 12 - 18 weight , because you got 3 ath with this build so that means you get some basic speed don't ruin that by going tincan in this build.
Build #4 : anything for 7 and up , with this build I found that in light armour you will get the speed to thrust in and out of combat , and with heavy armour you can grab an maul and be suprisingly fast aswel.

What weapons to use with what build.
This also comes down to personal preference , but as with the armours I will tell you what I prefered and why.
Build #1:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-I like to use the Maul because it has such an nice speed it cant be outspammed ( easily) and it still crushthroughs steel shields and greatswords with 13 powerstrike.
-I like to use the Mallet because it's nearly identical to the Maul but a bit more powerfull and a bit slower , so same reason it got nice crushthrough and still nice speed.
-I like to use the Morningstar because with it's 38 pierce damage ( 41 when masterwork ) it will give me decent speed and alot of one hits.
-I like to use the Great Maul because it's raw 43 blunt damage ( 47 when masterwork ) will one hit evrything it hits.
-I like to use the Dadao because when it's masterworked like mine it will deal a ton of damage and you can still hitslash and feint fast with it.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:10:04 pm by george »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nasi his Guide to becoming a STR whore.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »
+8
Reserving the OP in a new topic. Oh Nasi, you never cease to amaze me.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:12:06 pm »
+4
RESERVED , shall put some work in it tommorow.

A+ Quality post would read again.

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 05:10:42 pm »
+1
The weakling is waiting^^

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »
The weakling is waiting^^
porta stronk c vex weak me kill u with torch

Im waiting!

Edit: wow  :shock:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »
beggining made, now tell me what you want me to discuss first 1hander , 2hander , polearmer?

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 06:10:45 pm »
updated a bit further I will finish the tactics with what build and what weapon later !
EDIT : also if you got any request PM me and I will get to that as soon as I can!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
beggining made, now tell me what you want me to discuss first 1hander , 2hander , polearmer?
Do 2h first, as that's the easiest (as always) with a STR build.

Maybe also talk about how to maximise your ingame speed / not be that slow. I manage to abuse the sprint mechanics a lot when I was 30/9 to take people by surprise. Any tricks/tips you can give there?

Otherwise, a good start for the guide. Looking forward to the finished version!

Also lots of typos and shit. Gotta love Nasi :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 03:17:50 am »
+4
Everything is right, except the part where you give some build with more than 3 agi, and because you forgot to add bar mace to good weapons! That was weak, a disgrace to strongness.

Also more general tips: when you are surrounded hip high with enemies and more are coming, run in a circle and spam left.

Offline Dr_Pockets

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dr_Pockets
  • IRC nick: Dr_Pockets
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:02 am »
What would y'all go with? Nodachi, Dadao, Miadao, or Katana?
My build is 18 str, 15 agi, 6PS, 5 WM+ATH and I am about to get a loom point.
GG Spookfans

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 01:10:41 pm »
What would y'all go with? Nodachi, Dadao, Miadao, or Katana?
My build is 18 str, 15 agi, 6PS, 5 WM+ATH and I am about to get a loom point.
This is a guide about Strength builds.... Why are you asking this here? You don't have a strength build.

Make a new thread in the Beginner's Help section instead.

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »
It´s my personal preferences of weapons , as I said it´s all about what you like and I hate barmace :P

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »
ey ey ey darian, add nodachi & claymore and a flamberge, you have to add the strongling weapons aswell you know!

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:31:29 pm »
ey ey ey darian, add nodachi & claymore and a flamberge, you have to add the strongling weapons aswell you know!
Those weapons will definatly get added! , im on my laptop now and it's to slow and annoying to do anything once il get on my computer again il finish the 2hander part.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »
Not been way to mutch on computer lately and wont be that for atleast 2 more days , after that il put all my effort in the guide again SORRY FOLKS