1 (worst)
19 (30.6%)
3 (4.8%)
14 (22.6%)
10 (16.1%)
5 (best)
16 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: [Leiknir] The botting harms to the experience of the rule abiding player base  (Read 2837 times)

Offline 1907435

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
In the previous,I had botted in NA once and banned at last which is the ONLY experience of my CRPG life as a botter. In fact, botting,bugging or cheating will appear inevitable to CRPG such a open mod. However, all of those will harm the overall gameplay experience of the rule abiding player base and kill the CRPG mod slowly.
Today we talk about the case of the harming for botting.
First of all, the standard definition of BOTTING is using any other program that to move, to spawn or to do stuff with your character, so you are able to leech without beeing forced to stay next to the personal computer. How make these happened?
Most of these program can provide players kinds of functions to simulate for movements of keyboard and mouse to realize some objectives which may be a complete set of effects. Some advanced programs even can determine and judge the complex and difficult changes of colours or datas then match and creat the logical relationships. Certainly, the players should have to learn programming first to contrl the program processes.
If we know what these programs can do we know what affects occur.
By botting with these program, people will not need to fight by themselves but still get GOLD and XP although they may be X1 mostly. This is not reaping without sowing but reaping by breaching the rules. When the botting players are increasing their XP and GOLD, they also will harm the overall gameplay experience of the rule abiding player base.
To the player base of the rule abiding, they pay a lot of time and efforts for getting XP and GOLD. The guys who leech by botting will reduce motivation and happiness of the player base of the rule abiding. Also they will make the overall gameplay experience become unfair. Then we will see lots of the rule abiding players feel disappoint to the CRPG mod and left from this game gradually.The CRPG mod will die at last as the botter wish.
In another point of view, botting is the same as leeching to destroy the balance rules of the game round. The plays who is botting will be counted as a normal fighter in the team balance. Therefor the more players botting in the team the more failures teammates need to face. The existence of botting players do no contribution to the all team but even damage the interests of the teammates, so all of us should say NO to the botting players.
Distinguishing botting is a difficult job as that if the program is edited enough complex and intelligent. We can not find out that the clear differences between a bot or a player with our eyes. There is a only way to make sure whether it is a bot. We need to chat and ask some simple questions to the player or boter, it must be a bot if no answer and come in the game again after being kicked without responses.
The excellent game experience comes from the efforts of all the players. If we find someone looks like a bot, follow and observe to the game admins. Otherwise we can not enjoy our game.
In fact this is a free mod, please do not play it too focused and pursuit the gold and xp unscrupulously. Take it easy and pay more time to our lovers, friends and families in our life is more important than a game. Enjoy yourself.

By the way, to dear Leiknir, I didn’t bot but just leeched in EU5 so pls do not say again and consider me as a botter in EU. Thanks a lot.

Offline 1907435

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
thanks for the bros voted 5 and 4  :cry:

Offline MurtaghOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Never underestimate the power of a group of idiots
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order(TO)
  • Game nicks: Murtagh, Baldwin
did Leiknir become admin now~~~  :lol:

btw.. Leiknir.. u still own me something in strategus ~~~ :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline 1907435

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
 :cry:

unbaned me 4 hours ago but ban me just now without any reason when I am catching my wife's call...

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
without any reason? You were leeching..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline djavo