Author Topic: [bug?] Shield goes down  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[bug?] Shield goes down
« on: August 13, 2012, 03:14:21 pm »
I observed it on EU_3 to make sure i'm right. I am unable to recreate it when i want, but when i press rmb all the time, the shield goes down for some amount of time and stay this way for a short amount of time.

It might be my mouse or something else from my side, but it may be also something with launcher.

crpg_beta_config.ini

crpg_beta_log.txt

Steps to replicate: equip shield. stand in place holding down block. move mouse around from left to right fast. (you can hold attack too, it's easier to see it as you normally can't).

Can it be caused by low upload speed?

I tested it on regular client too, the problem is not related to new client - on regular i also have the issue. I think it wasn't there (so glaring, or at all) before .18 version.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:49:44 pm by Lech »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: [bug?] Shield goes down
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
I've experienced this sometimes too, even with just holding a normal block. Was two guys doing overheads on me so I just held the block up but after the first hit my guy just stopped blocking even though I held RMB down :/

Thought it was just my mouse fucking up again (it's been weird lately), but if it happens to others...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:03 pm »
I've experienced this sometimes too, even with just holding a normal block. Was two guys doing overheads on me so I just held the block up but after the first hit my guy just stopped blocking even though I held RMB down :/

Thought it was just my mouse fucking up again (it's been weird lately), but if it happens to others...

Yeah, i was about to say "wtf ? killed twice through block by some noob ? did i screwed so hard ?" but then i hold block outside the fight and the block went down. So i tried it again and again to make sure it's not me releasing the button. The other issue is (even with regular client) that i hold an attack and release it, and it is still in chambered position even if i have my fingers not on lmb.

Can it be caused by packed loss ?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:35:19 am »
Yeah, i was about to say "wtf ? killed twice through block by some noob ? did i screwed so hard ?" but then i hold block outside the fight and the block went down. So i tried it again and again to make sure it's not me releasing the button. The other issue is (even with regular client) that i hold an attack and release it, and it is still in chambered position even if i have my fingers not on lmb.

Can it be caused by packed loss ?
Omfg, and here I thought it was my mouse fucking me over D:
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:26:16 am »
Omfg, and here I thought it was my mouse fucking me over D:

Maybe it is issue with mouse, maybe with client, maybe with connection or networking protocol. i don't know.

Thinking about it more, maybe The main issue is that legendary "I blocked him! Through block!" issue ? Think about it, animation of blocking last a bit longer than block itself if i remember right AND shield/block goes up shortly after it was down.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »
Hmm, after using other keys for blocking i can safely assume my mouse is broken.