Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 56232 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - Open to Applicants
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 07:50:47 am »
+2
First of all, belated welcome to Truenn and Dalfador as new recruits to the Holy Guard.

---

Secondly, moving Dalfador to Sentry as he has been holding the walls and storming the ladders with us bravely.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:08:10 am by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 11:19:47 pm »
+1
Welcome Zerose to the Holy Guard!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:34:24 am by Elindor »

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 07:57:48 am »
+1
The guards stop the robed man at the gate of the monastery.
"These are dangerous times and we must put safety first at all times..." the guard prattles on for a little more before finally getting to the point "what are you doing here?"
Rubbing his beard absent mindedly he spoke softly in response "I am here to speak to the Archon, I don't mean to be rude but I wish only to speak with him regarding my" and he was especially careful about this next word "Business"
The guards look at each other but figured the small man in a robe could be of little harm and let him pass. Before they managed to get the gate fully open the robbed man was inside and marching toward the main monastery. As he was approaching he could hear the congress in the middle of a prayer. Out of respect he took a seat at the end and observed the people within. He was quick to discern the civilians from the military soldiers, it was the armor and the demeanor of how they sat, then he found the Archon. The man was had a strong aura he was almost glowing as the minister spoke his prayer, he seemed to know every word but held onto them like it was the first time he heard the story. He listened eagerly but overall he enjoyed being there. It was his resolution that was being spoken to him. He had to respect a man like that, he was even a little jealous.
The prayer was over before too much longer and people began to file out. As the Archon was leaving his spot the robed man approached.
"can I help you?" The Archon said after a moment.
"yes you can, Lord Archon" As he spoke he stepped back parting his robes, The archon eyeing him carefully not sure of the intentions ready to defend himself if the moment came, revealing his blue armor with white spots and design on it, red was faded but present upon the armor "I am Artanis, I wish to join your ranks" the Archons eyes opened a little as the knight before him bowed and took a knee.
"I was a warrior in Astralis, as my armor shows, but certain elements inside did not agree with me. It was too large, it was too... Something that I'm not even sure about. But I am sure I feel this is where I Should be. Please allow me to prove myself and I know I will bring honor and humility to the guard." He spoke softly but with a stern voice.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:38:35 pm by genric »
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 08:07:54 am »
+1
// As the man before him spoke, Elindor gauged his person - watching carefully for intent, and reading into his persona to see who he really was.  By the time this new applicant was finished speaking, Elindor knew he was earnest, and had a sense that he DID belong within the Order.  He drew his longsword and placed it deliberately on each shoulder of the kneeling applicant, and bid him rise.
"Go before the altar, and if you would join our cause, then place your life and your sword in His hands" instructed the Archon to the cloaked applicant. //

You are welcome in our ranks GenRic (Artanis), may your faith guide you, and your sword never fail you. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:50:01 am by Elindor »

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 08:57:05 am »
+1
Standing slowly Artanis walks toward the alter. He bends his knee in servitude while drawing his sword, pointing the blade to his heart in a show of offering his life, and holding the pommel out for the deity. His words start softly as a whisper but grow quickly "A knight is sworn to Valor, His Heart knows only Virtue, His words speak only Truth, His Blade defends the Helpless, His Might upholds the Weak, and His Wroth undoes the Wicked" He looks up at the eyes of the deity and continues
"I will maintain the faith, and serve the liege lord in valour and represent him with Honour." Griping the sword tight Continues
"I promise to protect those too weak to defend themselves, and To give succour to widows and orphans." Puts the sword blade to the ground, the handle to the sky
"I pledge to refrain from the wanton giving of offence." Standing now His voice strong
"I Promise to keep faith, At all times to speak the truth, and to despise pecuniary reward." Taking a step forward
"I will represent by obeying those placed in authority, guarding the honour of fellow knights, and fighting for the welfare of all" Calling to the skies now making his promise to the entire building and the clouds above
"I will live by my honour, to eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit, and to persevere to the end in any enterprise that I have begun" His words echoed for a moment into the open air above before silence caked them all.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:09 am »
+2
A strong voice had suddenly filled the courtyard, and the new guard initiate became startled for a moment. Believing that the prayer may have continued for a bit longer, he sallied back over to the courtyard to make sure. Before he reached the alter, the Archon stopped him with a hand on the shoulder.
"We have a new recruit," the wise and caring voice of the Archon replied. "He's come from Astralis, and wishes to seek repentance and join the Guard." The initiate's face twisted when he heard the word Astralis; he had no love for that army, but pushed the thought out of his mind. Love your enemies, as you would love yourself.
"Any idea what he is like sir?" said the young initiate. The Archon gave a small smile, and patted the initiate's shoulder. "One of a kind, he is." His eyes drifted towards the heavens, as if remembering younger days. "A noble, valiant, chivalrous man; a man after God's own heart. Make him feel welcome, Zerose." The Archon walked off toward a smaller group of civilians, greeting them with a smile. A noble, valiant, chivalrous man; a man after God's own heart. The words rang in his ears. Oh, what he would give to be described as such! With a sigh and an adjusting of the sword at his hip, he started off towards the alter, where a cloaked man stood with his sword outstretched.
                                                                                  It was time to be acquainted with the new initiate.
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »
+1
I was toying around with outfits and I discovered this combo. What do you think?

Kettle Helmet

Blue Churburg Cuirass

Mail Mittens

Shynbaulds

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I also thought the Sugarloaf Helm with Coif would be nice for those who don't worry about money:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:33:29 pm by Dalfador »

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 04:16:03 pm »
Not bad! perhaps not the shynbaulds though....heavy boots are not usually recommended because most people do not get hit in the legs too much

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »
Not bad! perhaps not the shynbaulds though....heavy boots are not usually recommended because most people do not get hit in the legs too much

Unless you are cav then it helps more cause I poke the legs of the horse and the man. I like the setup it looks nice, I love heraldic too much though so everything seems lesser as a result haha. The kettle helmet looks a little silly, it's hard to find a good combination that is effective and looks nice.

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »
+1
I THOUGHT IT LOOKED COOL DALF.  :mrgreen:
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:44 am »
+1
Welcome Sandro to the Holy Guard - a long time member of our HG gaming group.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 05:30:52 am »
+2
     Stepping through the gates of the monastery Artanis knelt before the altar and prayed for forgiveness. He prayed that he would be forgiven for the lives he took in battle. He prayed that their souls may find eternal rest and that his would not be judged harshly for his actions in the name of the lord. Parting his robe slightly Artanis lifted a large bag of coin and placed it into the donation pot "my lord I give to you my meager earnings so we may better those within our church and any you deem..." He was interrupted by a scream of a dying man. Turning his head behind him to see out the church doors and arrows raining from the sky. Bowing his head again he spoke softly "my lord forgive me for the sin of killing, and may you have mercy upon mine enemies for I shall impart none to them" He turned quickly and darted out of the doorway.

When he stepped into the courtyard where just minutes ago it was quiet, you could hear the whisper of angels upon the wind it was so peaceful. Now screams of the dying filled the air and small fires were breaking out around the hovels that served as housing for the poor and the knights alike. The people were scattered running around in a panic but he saw a line of knights near the gate holding the intruders back for now. Making his way toward the shield wall he saw the one acting in charge was a Hospitaller, his confusion must have shown because the knight said
"Any who would attack a holy place is enemy of the Knights Hospitaller" Nodding in understanding Artanis said
"Good sir knight can you hold this gate so I may pull the innocent into our cellar for their safety?" The knight responded with a smile
"I will push them to hell, Alright boys lets give them a little holy retribution" He pulled his helmet down and encouraged a couple occitan warriors that came to the monastery for shelter just hours before to charge with him along with those able to carry weapons among the citizens there. They surged forward as the outer gate unhinged and fell the initial wave of soldiers but they were still coming strong, someones blue armor caught his eye but he had more pressing tasks at hand. Artanis was retreating back toward the monastery gathering the families, that were running in a panic or huddling in fear, back into the main room of the church. As he entered a glint from above caught his eye and he looked up just in time to side step an archers gift but sadly the man behind him was less lucky as he fell with the bolt in his chest, with his heart punctured he died quickly but less then pleasantly.

"Everyone Move aside, get under cover!" Artanis called out as he moved under the balcony before another bolt could be loosed. "Brother" He yelled at one of the alter boys "Please take everyone into the cellar, if things sound bad up here begin to funnel them through the tunnels. I will take care of this fiend" The boy nodded and was leading everyone behind the deity's alter but Artanis had his eyes set upward as he climbed the stairs. He could not see the man but knew he was still up there by the gentle footsteps above. With his sword drawn and eyes keenly looking he ventured onto the roof, he moved carefully but quickly around the rooftop trying to find the crossbowman that murdered the innocent below him. Suddenly he heard a thud and looked to his left seeing the man sliding down the roof, he had slipped near the top, but he caught himself by digging his dagger into the tiles. Artanis was already halfway there when the man brought up his wooden sin machine and fired. Ducking and dodging to the side the bolt flew harmlessly past digging into the roof behind Artanis. Sword pulled back while scowling at the murderer Artanis buried the blade into the mans chest listening to his last raspy breaths before the corpse fell limp. He felt no pleasure in the kill and kicked the body off his sword but grabbed it before it fell into the pews below. The armor caught his eye and he saw what he feared before.

It was the armor of the Cross, the dragon displayed proudly on the chest "those Bastards" He cursed them letting go of the body, but pinned it with his own dagger so it hopefully wouldn't fall below. He crossed the roof to look out at the gate and saw to his dismay the battle wasn't going well. They had pushed up into the courtyard and he saw the Hospitallers bright red armor and he was still valiantly fighting along with one the the occitans, the other was injured and moved back into the Monastery to tend his wounds and be the final defense. Artanis was looking around trying to figure out how to be of use when he noticed footmen below him running toward the side stairs leading to the roof he was at. Keeping hidden he waited at the top of the stairs and when the first soldier reached the top he jumped forward slashing his throat out, blood splattering out from the wound, he fall backward on the people behind knocking them backwards but they were just able to hold themselves upright. Artanis smiled a little and jumped onto the corpse knocking everyone down and slide down the stairs, they fell off the sides and back of the stairs landing on the ground with a sickening thud. He drew his sword back to stab one of the soldiers but the corpse shifted under his feet causing him to lose his balance and fall off the side of the stairs himself.
He slammed his shoulder into the stairs edge, cracking it, and was able to grab it before falling to his demise. His arm burned from the hit and effort but he knew he couldn't let go, his right hand gripped his sword tightly he also couldn't let this go. He was weakening fast and the wood was cracking more, his arm was searing, his grip lessening and moments before his strength gave out someone grabbed his arm and held him there. Relief washed over his body as he awaited to see his savior, he chucked a little too, but a gruff voice chucked back

"you better get the grin off your face boy" One of the soldiers had not fallen off the side and was staring at Artanis with a grin of his own "that was my brother you rode down those stairs, and I'm gonna make you pay" His smile grew and his dark eyes told a story of pain and agony. He leaned close to the edge to peer over it better, licking his lips in anticipation as he drew a dagger from his belt.

"I'd rather not" Artanis said simply and he pulled up with all his strength pushing his sword into the mans eye and head. The brute let out an awful scream, releasing, his grip on Artanis to grab his face. The stair cracked on final time and gave way dropping Artanis, his sword sliding free from the mans face. The man stood up grabbing his head, coughing on blood and blind with pain, he tripped on  his brother causing him to fall after Artanis.

"Please Lord PROTECT ME!!" Artanis screamed out and he tried to grab the flight of stairs below him, he grabbed them but wasn't able to get a good grip, he was falling too fast, and he slipped free. He was slowed enough so the fall against the roof of the house below only knocked the wind out of him. Dazed and choking he was sliding off this roof with barely any strength left he drove his blade into the roof slowing his slide eventually stopping himself on the edge, dangling off slightly.

"Ack" he coughed "tha..*Wheeze* you...*cough Cough* Lord" He was choking but still alive but didn't get much time to be thankful as he had another attempt against his life. The man who tried to cut him on the stairs had landed head first above Artanis, his neck cracking loudly, and began to roll down the roof at Artanis. With only seconds to think he was hit by the body, his sword knocked free it flew toward the ground with him in persuit. He grabbed the dead body and moved it below him as he fell so it would take the impact. They hit the ground hard, Artanis's shoulder slammed into the mans back, he could hear the ribs crack, and the rest of his body crumpled after.
All he saw was darkness.
All he could hear was silence.
He could see his family again, vaguely.
It was all he wanted. He was in heaven.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:45:22 pm by genric »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »
+2
Elindor returned from his long trip to find Himmelsberg (the monastery that the Order resided in and swore to protect) heavily marred and burned.  He  had seen the smoke from a distance, and he and his traveling had party picked up speed, fearing the worst.  As he rode in through the main gates, he saw rubble here and there, smoke still rising from piles and charred roofs in places - and many dead and wounded soldiers.  The good news was he saw alive those of his Order, and non of the enemy - meaning although hard won, the battle had been won.  Himmelsberg stood.

(click to show/hide)

His men seemed very relieved  to see him, as were the many non-combatants that called the monastery home.  After kneeling at the altar and giving thanks to God for their victory, he spoke briefly with the Hospitaller and Occitan knights whom had helped defend the monastery - thanking them for their efforts.  The Archon then saw to his men.  Some had been lost, and for those he arranged proper burial and prayed over their bodies, blessing them for their final sacrifices.  For the wounded, he saw to their aid, making sure they were being cared for.  Many seemed to almost get better when they saw that he was back from his trip and again standing in defense of the monastery. 

One of the wounded, a new initiate Artanis, was unconscious (possibly on the doorstep of death) and did not see the Archon come to his bedside...but Elindor traced his hand over the initiate's head, and blessed the soldier, praying over his body for healing.  One of the monks of the monastery was standing with him, and told Elindor of Artanis's deeds and how he led the innocent away from danger, risking his own life over and over again in defense of the monastery. 

As he turned to leave and see to the other wounded, he turned to Hindel (one of his Chaplains) and said "Be sure to make this man a Sentry when he awakes...he has earned at least this much...."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:51:58 pm by Elindor »

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »
+1
Dalfador stood guard outside of the chapel, watching doctors examine Artanis as he lay against a wall with some hay serving as cushioning. Dalfador looked up to Sandro on the walls, signaling him to keep an eye on the entrance to the chapel. Dalfador leaned his weapon against the wall and walked over to the doctors saying, "Is he going to be alright?"

The lead surgeon looked up to Dalfador, and looked back down, not saying anything. Dalfador walked into the chapel to find a few priests saying the Anointing of the Sick prayer for the soldiers who weren't as lucky as Artanis. He asked one of the altar boys if he could help. The altar boy replied, "Well we are looking for someone to fetch water from the well outside of the monastery."

Dalfador walked outside and grabbed his spear. He figured he could use his weapon as a pole to carry the buckets on. He made about 8 trips, carrying 4 buckets each time. By the time he was done, the sun was dropping over the mountains near Himmelsberg. The soldiers who did not make it were buried in the cemetery, with makeshift crosses crafted out of broken weapon shafts sticking up from their grave.

Dalfador walked up onto the wall, giving Sandro a mutton leg, thanking him for watching his post. Silence surrounded the monastery as Dalfador walked back to his post.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:02:27 pm by Dalfador »

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 10:03:29 pm »
+2
     The darkness was forever. He was running and running but was going no where. He was running in place. He was confused. He didn't understand. Where was he? Why was he here? A light suddenly flashed it's blaring brightness deafened him and destroyed his vision. He remembered now the fighting. The monastery was under attack by the cross and a familiar rage boiled inside him. He remembered leading the people inside then being on the roof. It was fuzzy but he remembered hanging on for life then the mans face filled his vision. He had a long tongue like a snake and his arm was coiled around his body squeezing the life from him. He was choking, he was scared, he felt his body going numb but then he felt something familiar. He felt the handle of his sword in his right hand, power began to course through his veins. He suddenly felt alive again and as the beast leaned in the consume him he lashed out at it with his sword cutting off it's tongue.

"AHRRGG" he Exclaimed. The swing was so hard to flew to the side and was jarred awake by the floor meeting his sore shoulder. It was dislocated on the landing from the roof but was put back in by the surgeons. "THE CROSS" he yelled as he stood up, people were rushing to his side to help him defend the keep or so he thought as they were encouraging him to sit down and rest.

"we won! they are no longer here" a young man who was helping tend to wounded said. He was smiling broadly at him and he realized it was the altar boy he had the people follow into the cellar "the soldiers were able to kill them all and saved us!" Artanis was shaking his head trying to get a grasp on things while the boy continued "they pushing to the very doors of the Monastery, we are not exactly sure what they were after. Perhaps the gold? They seemed to be going directly for the church main ignoring all the other buildings around."

"I am glad... we won, what are the casualties? And did you say bandits? it was the traitorous cross who attacked us! I saw their coat of arms myself" Artanis exclaimed "when I find them not even the Lord can protect them!" He was seething with anger.

"Calm yourself immediately sentry" A strong voice called out. Artanis looked up to see Lord Hindel had entered the room with him "it was not the cross but bandits. The armor they wore was damaged before this battle took place and there were far too few to have been them. Besides what would drive them to make a move like this? You have to think Artanis! Patience is one of the teachings. remember it" Artanis was taken back. Mostly at his own disregard for the teaching and rules but something else also.

"I'm sorry did you say sentry? But i'm..." Artanis was cut off by Hindel motioning him to be silent

"Archon Elindors words, now focus on recovery so we may hastily repair this place. Those are my orders" He turned and left the room but was replaced by Dalfador investigating all the commotion.

"Artanis!" he smiled "you are awake" he walked over to Artanis and patted him on the back, causing Artanis to grimace in pain "Oh I"m sorry!" he said quickly "I forgot, how are you feeling?"

"Alive, thank the lord for that... And promoted to" He beamed at the words and continued to speak to Dalfador for some time, telling him about the siege and what happened then Dalfador filled him in on what happened at the latter parts of the battle, as he heard it, and about the aftermath and the current recover process.

"we should be back the way we were in less then a weak, the damage was minimal physically honestly. It looks bad but really isn't all that terrible. The worst was the loss of life we suffered most terribly the innocent." Dalfador was solemn about that part

"I understand Dalf but don't let it get you down" Artanis patted him on the shoulder "It's our job to give people hope so we can't look sad. Now if you don't mind, waking up really took it out of me, lets continue this in the morning" he stretched and laid back down as Dalfador stood up mumbling about his laziness and left the room.