Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
38 (79.2%)
No
10 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: [NA] Para  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: [NA] Para
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 09:31:00 am »
+8
Will Para be the batman to siege's gotham city?

Caught a screenshot of Para on siege today.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:11:56 pm »
Para just a heads up/rule clarification: Opening the big gates in siege (the ones with the hold to open levers) is a hard no as a defender.  It is not permissible at anytime, even if the team decides thats the tactic they want to use.  If the team wants to go outside the castle, the small doors/gates that can be closed from outside with one click are fine.  This is per the devs, i got schooled on it myself.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:10:58 am »
He's KUTT so I hate to say it, but he gets the job done.
But he's still KUTT.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 08:46:44 am »
Para Kutt is modifying banner balance when they are leaving the server so my teammate get split up just to piss us off, while all the Kutt clan is on he increase the banner balance so they can all stack the same team, and when they are leaving the server he set banner balance to have just splitted just because hes mad cause we are riding the 5x and they are enable to keep winning.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »
+3
Para Kutt is modifying banner balance when they are leaving the server so my teammate get split up just to piss us off, while all the Kutt clan is on he increase the banner balance so they can all stack the same team, and when they are leaving the server he set banner balance to have just splitted just because hes mad cause we are riding the 5x and they are enable to keep winning.

This... Is literally impossible, he can either have BB on, or turn it off with a very visible public message. There is no modification or way to "increase" BB, I was an NA admin and there is absolutely no interface for what you are describing as that would require a rewrite to the code itself for BB.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »

This... Is literally impossible, he can either have BB on, or turn it off with a very visible public message. There is no modification or way to "increase" BB, I was an NA admin and there is absolutely no interface for what you are describing as that would require a rewrite to the code itself for BB.

Naive king has spoken, worship.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 10:57:41 pm »
+1
If Para attempted to change autobalance settings he would get a message that says "Your access level is not high enough."  Those settings can only be changed by the highest level admins, as they are not intended to be changed around.  Simply put, Para could not be altering balance with his admin powers.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »
If Para attempted to change autobalance settings he would get a message that says "Your access level is not high enough."  Those settings can only be changed by the highest level admins, as they are not intended to be changed around.  Simply put, Para could not be altering balance with his admin powers.

Since a non-tears has spoken I may answer.
Not gonna lie it a lot of times seems like it is like that. Sometimes Kutt has somewhere around 10 people on the team and only three other people. Then other days a team with five members on it keeps them split up. But I assum it's like the upkeep cost some days it's just crazy while others it's resonable.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 12:13:02 am »
I would love an admin who turned off banner balance completely every time they joined a server.

Changing off of crappy maps is pretty rad too.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 12:20:13 am »
Are you sure there is no way to change the banner balance soft cap to allow less or more players stacking the same team? Because this is a very strange coincidence, or you guys are just protecting him.

Oh and i remember the other night(months ago) asking an admin to increase the banner balance soft cap and he did it to my request to allow us to have more teammate in the same team.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:41 am »
+3
This isn't really the place for a "how banner balance works" discussion, but since it seems necessary to defend Para's honor, I shall lay it forth anyhow!

There are 4 options for balance.  They are numbered 0-3 for optimum confusion generation.

0 - No Balance (you pick green team? you're on green team.)
1 - Autobalance (Banners not included)
2 - Banner Balance (Servers set to this as default, except Duel / Strat)
3 - Battlegroups (Duel / Strat set to this)

Even if Para somehow had the power to change that setting (which he doesn't) those are the only options.  There is no "mostly banner balance."

Banner Balance, however, will not create "unbalanced" teams.  I use quotation marks because "teamwork" is not a measurable variable, so the computer cannot calculate it into balance.  If the server is full, generally banners are more likely to be on the same team.  It is when your banner is the majority of the server, or when your average "value" is significantly higher than the average on the server that banners are most often split.

I'll go to siege and get some screenshots, look for an edit, coming soon!

Edit:
Here you go.  The admin panel portion relating to balance, revealed for all to see!
(click to show/hide)
Note that Para and I have the same access level.  He would get that same purple text message.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:35:21 am by Braeden »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:24 am »
okay thanks for the information

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 01:05:23 am »
Bold face Lies Braeden. I use to think you were cool but not anymore... oh wait I'm not an argumentative troll so thank you for this information it's interesting. But my comment still stands that it does seem like the banner stack works more or less on some days/maps.
You are both decent admins.

Offline Para

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Para_KUTT, Slut_KUTT, Upper_KUTT, Ballmeat_KUTT, Ballmeat_Sandwich
  • IRC nick: Para_
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 11:02:18 am »
+2

While you may hate me, and I don't like you, I wouldn't even attempt to do something like that to spite you or your friends. I don't want this to turn in to some kind of feud or something, but you need to stop thinking I'm personally attacking you or your clan.

Despite what everyone in the cRPG community thinks, KUTT encourages strong opposition. We consider your clan a great threat and we enjoy fighting you guys and respect you for being great siege players.

I don't like to be on anyone's bad side, I think cRPG would be a much better place if people didn't have so much hate for each other. I believe video games are much more enjoyable when everybody has a good time.

Woozle wuzzle?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »
I dont hate you at all, i just think you do some kind of admining favoritism that all.