Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 123430 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Rome II announced!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 10:56:37 am »
Allers, the master of reposting.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 11:21:21 am »
Some more info:

Taken here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548136

Here's an analysis of the two screenshots so far also take from Total War Center, all credit goes to ChairmanCrassus on TWC:
(click to show/hide)

And yes, I'm fairly active on TWC.  :wink:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »
I hope that in the multiplayer they will not add bonuses or veterans like they did in Shogun 2 which broke the multi

Yessssss. Actually I didn't mind the veterans, it's when people stacked shit like that on the HERO units. Jesus that shit is OP.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 10:20:26 pm »
Awesome.

Any ETA?. Spring next year? Well, that's nice.

You say Spring but that you can kinda guess which month now. The last 2 Total War games so (Shogun2, and the Fall of the Samurai DLC) have all come out in the same month, which was March and even then the Napoleon Total War was released in mid February. However for some reason i dont think RTWII will be released fully till May :/

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »
Yessssss. Actually I didn't mind the veterans, it's when people stacked shit like that on the HERO units. Jesus that shit is OP.

The only good hero unit was the Katana Hero, and the Naginata Hero could be useful in some builds.  Katana hero went down like a bitch to arrows, matchlocks, or cav (like all swords), and Naginata Hero was twice as vulnerable to arrows and matchlocks.  All they have going for them is silly high attack and morale, but they are easily counterable or outplayed, and the high cost of them weakens the rest of your build.

I quite enjoyed Shogun 2's multiplayer, only thing that was OP was having tons of yari ashigaru with "hold firm" while abusing matchlocks with rapid volley, but I believe they eventually nerfed both things pretty decently.

Shogun 2's multiplayer was really good (blaming veteran units for your losses was because you were bad, not bad balance), I hope Rome 2 is more similar than different.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 08:42:53 am »
Anyone who played me during the early days of Shogun 2 would say that 3-4 groups of (Veteran) fire rockets were OP.
Anyone who has played siege with me during this same timeframe would say that 4 groups of max level mangonels are also OP.
Needless to say I caused a few "Ban this hacker" threads
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
people doing artillery stacks have been the bane of multiplayer since the first MTW. Though the real blame is on CA since multiplayer has always been an afterthough, STW2 was really the first time the put some effort into it.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:20 pm »
When I started playing Shogun 2, there was a limit to 1 artillery piece per army.  Never seemed too powerful or anything with that.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Blade

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UltimaOnline
  • Game nicks: Blade_The_Berserk
  • IRC nick: StrengthAbusersAnonymous
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 01:43:26 am »
TAKE ALL MY HARD EARNED AMERICAN DOLLERS  :shock:

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 03:12:38 am »
Rome 2 will be a nice change from Japan. I hated fighting in Japan on campaigns because it's such a narrow strip of land. Hopefully in future games they will add all of Asia instead of just Japan. I would love playing as India with their elephants, chakrams, serrated whips, etc and china with their repeating xbows.

Also, I had an idea for nomadic armies in campaigns. And since they havent sent me an activation key on TWC yet, I wanted to see how it would fair here. What if each general had attached to them a "camp" agent that had separate xp from the general, but with that xp u would be able to unlock units for recruitment. The general could recruit at any time but the gold would scale the further it is from the home region. If the general died, the army would have to move back to their home region to get a new general or merge in to an existing army in x amount of turns, or they would all disband.

Pock gobblers

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:39 am »
"Screenshots":
(click to show/hide)

I'm not going to lie. I seriously thought that picture was a painting for a minute, the detail is absolutely amazing.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »
I'm not going to lie. I seriously thought that picture was a painting for a minute, the detail is absolutely amazing.

same here, bro

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 07:42:34 pm »
I'll play this game and die happy.

I hope they'll bring back the city overview feature that allowed us to explore our settlements out of battle mode.

Rome 2 will be a nice change from Japan. I hated fighting in Japan on campaigns because it's such a narrow strip of land. Hopefully in future games they will add all of Asia instead of just Japan. I would love playing as India with their elephants, chakrams, serrated whips, etc and china with their repeating xbows.

Also, I had an idea for nomadic armies in campaigns. And since they havent sent me an activation key on TWC yet, I wanted to see how it would fair here. What if each general had attached to them a "camp" agent that had separate xp from the general, but with that xp u would be able to unlock units for recruitment. The general could recruit at any time but the gold would scale the further it is from the home region. If the general died, the army would have to move back to their home region to get a new general or merge in to an existing army in x amount of turns, or they would all disband.

If what they say is true and we get tens of thousands of soldiers on the field, then some sort of china total war seems more than likely to come up, even if its just a mod.

edit: as soon as someone has a hint on the system requirements, please post them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:36:44 pm by Adamar »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »

I agree.

An ASIA: Total war would've been so badass instead of having just Japan. I'd take Korea.  8-)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:13 pm »
I agree.

An ASIA: Total war would've been so badass instead of having just Japan. I'd take Korea.  8-)
Exactly my thoughts, Japan was so limited and uninteresting unit variety wise. I think I quit Shogun 2 after about ten hours. Least played Total War for me so far. Asia Total War would've been pretty damn interesting.