Author Topic: Stress Test June 27 only for 4 hours  (Read 3211 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Stress Test June 27 only for 4 hours
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »
What are dynamic events? I thought they were the hearts.

As far as the difficulty in general, I thought things were nicely challenging, especially if you're under the level you should be for the area. It seemed like I would constantly be just under the level of the area when I only played PvE, and I'd even get some warnings on missions that it wasn't recommended at my level.

But once I played WvW for a while and gained a bunch of levels and much better equipment, I was finding those same PvE areas to be a pushover, despite the fact that it's supposed to bring your level down to match the area. I think there must be some bonuses that stay, like perhaps it lowers your vitality (health), toughness (defense), and all those other stats, but keeps the stats on your equipment?

Dynamic events are the events that pop up randomly that notify everyone in the remote area to help out. Then everyone comes to said place and completed said objective. Depending on how much you contribute it will record you accordingly.

The hearts are just the hearts on the map that you do, the dynamic questions are the orange circles that only pop up if you're near em.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Stress Test June 27 only for 4 hours
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »
+1
Oh, and this time in WvW, I was on the dominating WvW team. It was the absolute worst. I felt bad for even contributing to the domination. I much preferred it when I was on one of teams getting dominated so I could actually fight a battle that wasn't already won, and actually use strategy and look to coordinate a defense of a castle instead of just blindly zerging everything.

Yeah, they have a server ranking system that will even these things out over time (pro servers will fight other pro servers) but for these weekend events and short term tests, it's all too easy to be on a team that totally dominates and that's just no fun.

Plus the best XP/gold in the game that I've seen comes from being in a position where you're holding a defense for half an hour in a hard fought battle.  They're banging on the door, you're getting some kills with siege engine defenses and the XP and gold just flows in.  Can't get that if your server is totally dominating.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde