Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 43400 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:56 am »
+3
Eww... If only they started adding coop games to the real TES though....
Pock gobblers

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 10:32:05 am »
+1
NO, this makes me rage so hard. TES is all about doing whatever you want to in your own world, without having to worry about other people and how that might affect them. It's sad to see a series that I loved so much fall so far from the golden standard it used to be. Goddamn sellouts.

TES is already screwed -> Skyrim. Its all about the money. Mainstream, what most people want. Doesnt matter if its good or bad. They want it? We make it! Screw the real fans.

They will make another mmo, like we wouldnt have any, lol. Pretty much every single mmo now is a clone. Thats why none of them made me play it for a long time.

Noone wants to do "new games" saying its risky etc. bullcrap! They want easy money.

In the last 2 years, I bought only 4 games. Used to buy a lot more! Games in my teenage years, were worth something, they had a meaning.  A big cardboard box, inside a cd/dvd box with a cd/dvd, printed manual + sometimes a bonus like a bandana, stickers, cd audio. I always felt good when buying such games, I knew what I was paying for. The expansion packs were real, they introduced loads of new content. They were released like the basic game. Things called now DLC were free (e.g. Morrowing and its addons, in Oblivion addons were paid - but I didnt give a damn, and downloaded them for free). Games could be modded, and modders did magnificent things.

What do we have now? Game is released in a dvd box, with nothing in it. Just a cd/dvd. Tons of DLC, cut out content, and other crap. Some games cant be modded, even though they could be. Simply developers dont want modders to mod and release their work for free, while developers can do the same, and expect do be paid.

We have steam, origin, and all the other things like that. Forcing us to register the game, so it cant be sold later (of course it can be, 1 account = 1 game, or just whole account). DRMs that drive people nuts. You dont have internet? You wont play, we dont care, its your problem. Everyone is a thief, and its guilty, so we invented such system to control who plays our games. What next? Games can be downloaded through the internet. That may be a good thing, but why the price is the same, or sometimes even higher than the price of the games released in a box?

Greed is destroying gaming.

One day we will have games, that play themselves, or we are expected to push a button every few hours. Everything is becoming easier, dumber, less complex, less sophisticated, etc. All these experts are telling that its happening because players want to. Hah! Im so fffuuu mad.

There were so many good games, and Im just out of the words to describe it.

The Elder Scrolls = screwed
Tom Clancys Ghost Recon = screwed
Tom Clancys Rainbow Six = screwed
Silent Hunter = screwed
Medal of Honor = screwed
Battlefield = screwed

Im still going back to the games released in the 90ties, and in the beginning of 00. I can play them, and I never get bored! Nowadays game have nothing inside. Just a time killer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:06:38 am by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »
+1
R6/Ghost Recon pwn3d before they switched to console.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 05:07:11 pm »
+1
Here is some new info about TES:online. Interviews, factions, lore etc.

Enjoy http://www.gameinformer.com/p/elderscrollsonline.aspx
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »
+1
"TES:online" might still be good, I will forgive it with ease, if it doesnt have that stand in 1 place and slash till enemy dies type of combat which most MMOs do have and why I dont play any of em. Enemies should die easy and so should players, not having u to stand in one place for long time so you could hit your enemy abilities till their health drops, which is lame as ass. This is why I like Warband, none of that crap, few stupid moves and u dead bitch.  :D

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »
+3
NO, this makes me rage so hard. TES is all about doing whatever you want to in your own world, without having to worry about other people and how that might affect them. It's sad to see a series that I loved so much fall so far from the golden standard it used to be. Goddamn sellouts.
Its not being made by the oblivion/skyrim team

And Materia is full of bullshit. He talks about skyrim like its call of duty. The hype came AFTER the game was created, not before.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »
+1
Just read about it. Game will suck. Cuz they put epic sexy Khajiiiiiits in the same faction as gay fucking elves with their Aldmeri dominion.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 11:04:28 pm »
+1
Just read about it. Game will suck. Cuz they put epic sexy Khajiiiiiits in the same faction as gay fucking elves with their Aldmeri dominion.

What did you expect? It fits the lore and geography, it was obvious what sides there will be if they do faction vs faction vs faction
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
+1
What did you expect? It fits the lore and geography, it was obvious what sides there will be if they do faction vs faction vs faction

I don't care. I don't want an epic race as Khajits to fuck with nasty Elves pissants.

Also Elsweyr best place in Tamriel. If so i hope the areas will be big as fuck so you can stay from lvl 1- max lvl in just 1 place because i don't want it to be like other MMORPGS such as SWTOR and others where it's mandatory to go from planets to planet. Like Elsweyr best so i'd rather stay there provided that it's detailed and big as fuck with zones for all lvls.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:21:31 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:24 am »
+1
Text

This opinion made me think of this well-made video. It's worth watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 02:36:34 am »
+1
Bethesda isn't EA. Bethesda is a very small company.

TES online is the doing of Zenimax Online, not Bethesda Softworks.

Skyrim was made as good as Fallout 3 and Oblivion were, but it got more hype than it should have. The result of this is people who aren't familiar with this genre of game hated it when they tried it and thus "Skyrim" is thrown around like Call of Duty.

Nothing changed with Skyrim, the game just became more popular.  No one is telling Bethesda to do anything different. When COD 4 was a success Activision told them to fuck with the series more in an attempt to have it appeal to a larger audience so they could profit more, and they ruined the game and dissolved what was original or fun about it. Same thing EA did with Battlefield 3.

I was bummed when I Skyrim started to become mainstream, it didn't feel special anymore. But the game is no different from the others and I respect Bethesda for that. I also have the goal of wanting to work for them.

But you also have to think: Its 2012, wifi and consoles are everywhere now, everyone has them. Pretty much every console game that paid at least $10 towards advertising is going to be discussed and spread like wildfire.

Seriously what's wrong with gamers nowadays? People pay 60 bucks every year for the same shit or monthly fees to keep playing the same shit.
It was just a matter of time until Bethesda would start throwing out a rushed game with minor changes every year or in this worse case an MMO.
Same with SWTOR. KotOR 1+2 were some of the best games I ever played and now they just make some shitty MMORPG with monthly fees because it seems to pay off.
The only consolation is that TESO's being developed by another studio and Bethesda will hopefully continue making high quality singleplayer RPGs while the guys at Zenimax take care of this crap.

TL;DR: This sucks.
Theres no evidence it will be a WoW clone, and from the gameplay and commentary ive seen at E3, it isn't going to be.

I've listened to Todd Howard talk quite alot, he is definitely not someone who would let the series fall into greedy corporation shit.  Ive watched all of his DICE Summit speeches, the making of F3, Ob, and Skyrim, hes brilliant. And the fact the company takes time to produced behind the scenes videos like that is a surefire way to show they aren't just another EA.  When was the last time Battlefield or Call of duty did a making of/ behind the scenes?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:46:29 am by Frell »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 02:44:06 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 08:10:09 am »
+2
I hope it has a very smooth and good to use interface just like Skyrim!!

Infact it would be even cooler if it was a console port... can't have enough of those!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »
And you can't even play Imperials? WTF?

I can only play as lizards, gay elfs, cats, black guys, nationalistic racist white guys, orcs or ugly wannabe fail humans?

Btw guy from Bethesda i think said there will be proper non hotkey pressing blocking and fighting in this game i think with minimal interface.

Does it mean they will adopt TES games combat system?

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »
+1
Woop