Author Topic: The Nameless  (Read 1403 times)

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
The Nameless
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:56:58 am »
To the naysayers - I told you so.

Yesterday I suggested in the NA server that someone(s) in Japan was going to have to go kamikazee into the nuclear power plants and try and fix it b4 things got too out of hand.  The obviousness is that they would die or be horribly poisoned.  Everybody got angry and said that was stupid and it would never happen and that the plants were under control and cooled properly.  False.  They were pumping seawater in to try and keep those rods cooled.

Regardless there are now 50 nameless and extremely brave souls in Japan whose job it is to do just this.  Why the corporation won't release their names is beyond me but whatever what do I know?

I would imagine and also hope that their names are released someday so we can all pay proper homage to this amazing task of valiance in such a dire situation.  Selfless, absolutely selfless.  The world is a better place having these people among us - may our admiration give them the strength to see through their task and find their way back to their families in any way possible.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: The Nameless
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:31:54 pm »
We don't know how much they're being paid, so you can't really say they're completely selfless, unless of course they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

If you got offered half a million pounds/dollars to try cool down an unstable nuclear reactor what would you do?
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:16:45 pm »
If you got offered half a million pounds/dollars to try cool down an unstable nuclear reactor what would you do?

Well money won't help you when you will die of radiation poisoning a few months later.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
We don't know how much they're being paid, so you can't really say they're completely selfless, unless of course they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'd say no tbh.  I have kids.  Hard to put a price on life.  These guys are saints to those people in Japan imo.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:32:07 pm »
I suppose because these people are japanese their sacrifice is better then all others who sacrifice their life for the greater good.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:37 pm »
I suppose because these people are japanese their sacrifice is better then all others who sacrifice their life for the greater good.

Dude. There's a line. You just walked over it, ran back, snorted it and flashed to the passers-by.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 06:31:47 pm »
Dude. There's a line. You just walked over it, ran back, snorted it and flashed to the passers-by.

Naw I get what he is getting at, but it's not that these peoples actions are above any other martyr or selfless hero's actions it's just the recognition as a whole of the tremendously selfless act they are performing.  For whatever reason, be it they are being forced to by a binding contract, lured in with money, volunteering, or any reason from a possible infinate amount - it's just the simpleness that they are trying...and probably dying from it.  Either now or presumably later.  Like sooner than later, I mean we all die eventually right.  Any selfless actions for a greater good are commendable, don't misconstrue that fact underlying here for something it's not.  This isn't race, religion or culture, it's humans on earth. 

There are hero's walking among us, everyday, everywhere, but alot of the time it's hard to know exactly who they are until the shit hits the fan.  Most people talk the talk, but can they really walk the walk?  These guys can.

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
I'd say no tbh.  I have kids.  Hard to put a price on life.  These guys are saints to those people in Japan imo.
Agreed.
But I don't have kids.
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)