Author Topic: Future AWESOME Sandbox Free-Roam Multiplayer ZOMBIE GAME!!  (Read 17581 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Future AWESOME Sandbox Free-Roam Multiplayer ZOMBIE GAME!!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2012, 11:43:52 am »
Well, it looks like they've almost collected their goal. 3 people donated over 1000 dollars, jesus.

That's nothing...Wastelands 2 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

11 people backed with $10000

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »
Imagine you have 100 million dollars, and you love games.

You probably get enough interest monthly to live easily, and you still have much left.

even 10000 Dollar means nothing then.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 04:20:58 pm »
Looks like a mediocre to good source/udk mod at this stage. Wouldn't keep my hopes up for this one. They even made the classical mistake of showing un-skinned models :S
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:22:15 pm by Ozin »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2012, 08:57:50 pm »
I must admit the future, awesome, sandbox, free-roam and multiplayer, zombie game  part got my attention. Than I clicked on a link and it said FPS horror and I was like......eh......no. FPS-s are lame now, I doubt they can make it work that way. The only FPS that I think worked competely in recent years was Amnesia, everything else FPS related was just a massive clusterfuck.

And the "awesome, sandbox, free-roam, zombie survival game" already exsists, only in a form of a RPG. "Project Zomboid" people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEnEzAnOKw
This game is addictive, scary and kinda awesome, give your money to these guys, they are really working for it and its awesome... :mrgreen:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »
And the graphics fucking suck.And its not FPS.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2012, 09:09:46 pm »

The Dead Linger is a first-person zombie survival sandbox in which you can venture into a vast, undead world, surviving and exploring in whatever way suits you best.

They clearly wrote that it is....

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »
Talking about Project zomboid there...

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

I think that was pretty obvious.

There was this one sprite-based zombie survival game still in alpha stage with indefinite gameplay, I played something like that a year ago. Maybe it was project Zomboid, not sure.

Graphics shouldn't matter to some extent in any case, especially not games in alpha.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 07:19:34 am »

I know, I wrote that project zomboid was a RPG, 
"awesome, sandbox, free-roam, zombie survival game" already exsists, only in a form of a RPG.
I said that the other game was FPS.
And graphics?......ehm.....clearly not a real gamer are you. Graphics are only for the weak minded who like shiny things, its still all about the gameplay. And Project Zomboid is awesome(the 2.0 version, other versions are quite crap). 8-)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:21:05 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Mordand

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mordand
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 08:33:54 am »
If you have enough skill and resources to make an appealing project that would attract the kind of attention/donations that these ones are then you wouldn't be wasting your time scheming and being a con man. The donation system inherently polices itself. (For example, Wasteland 2 already has a reputation and following backed by people with legitimate experience and resumes, other games like this one and the steampunk one already have a bunch of work already done to show, etc). The real con is huge corporation publishers putting out day-1 DLC releases and minor expansions every 4 months which include a couple maps and reskins.

this

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 08:59:49 am »

And graphics?......ehm.....clearly not a real gamer are you. Graphics are only for the weak minded who like shiny things, its still all about the gameplay. And Project Zomboid is awesome(the 2.0 version, other versions are quite crap). 8-)

Dont tell me shit bro.I´ve got nothing against shitty graphics if the game behind it is appealing(For example Minecraft, or the game this forum is about...), but I´ve tried the current state of Zomboid and it fucking sucks.And the way I see it now, it will suck on.Maybe it will be okay when it´s finished, but still.

Also it´s not ALL about the gameplay(If that would be so, we would still be playing text based RPG´s).What good does a game if it gives me eyecancer?

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 11:16:23 am »
U mad bro? You clearly stated that you hate the game cause of graphics....Its really not my fault that you cant express yourself clear enough and that you lack the skill of functional reading.

And PS: Atleast my name isnt bthreersthreerk!  :rolleyes:

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
How can project zomboid be scary from a top down camera view?

You NEED first person for that feeling.

And besides a zombie apocalypse sandbox game in my eyes shouldn't be an rpg. Having some sort of skill upgrade by crafting/whatever, sure but no leveled weapons shit like dead island.

That game while it can give you a fright since they didn't bother making the sound hinting you from which way the zombie is coming (The sound comes from both headphones pieces instead of only from the left if the zombie is on the left.) it turned from a zombie game to a bordelands games but with zombies.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:42:30 pm by Vexus »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »
I don't get the whole "donation" thing to help someone make a game that doesn't yet exist.  It would be very easy to give money to someone that ends up just plain not having the skill necessary to create the game and get it functional.  10x truer if they are trying to make their own 3-D graphics engine.  I'm thinking back to games like Shadowbane which was basically a bunch of software guys pooling their resources together to make a really awesome MMORPG....aaaaand finding out they don't really have the expertise needed and the game basically feels like it never got out of Alpha.

It would be like if chadz had asked for $60,000 to finish Stronghold development.  Turns out there were technical roadblocks and it couldn't be done.  It wouldn't have been a con, it was a genuine effort that didn't work out.  Free $60,000!

At any rate, I'd feel better about it if it was more like buying stock.  I should get something back if it works.

Or like Minecraft.  I paid for the early alpha version and certainly got my money's worth in entertainment even if he never really did turn it into a game.  Point was I was buying a product, not just giving him money for the hell of it.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 05:01:49 pm »
I dont think Dead Island was ment to be a spooky zombie game, but more of a fun pasttime to play online with no proper single player and yes, the leveled weapons was complete bullshit, especially since they kept breaking....It always did feel gangsta, bashing lying zombies faces in with other players.