84 (40.2%)
10 (4.8%)
6 (2.9%)
4 (1.9%)
5 (best)
105 (50.2%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Voting closed: March 29, 2012, 03:41:41 am

Author Topic: Unban Essay: Troyicide  (Read 11875 times)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Re: Unban Essay: Troyicide
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »
It just seems most expect a 5 to equate to letting him back right away, and 1 being a permaban, which Isn't the case.

What he did was wrong, he will be banned for a period of time (Hopefully not permanently) but I think there needs to be some clarification on the actual purpose of this essay, are people rating an essay, or voting on the outcome of troy's fate in CRPG/Strat?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:01:43 pm by Aztek »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »
+2
No the vote is their opinion of his essay.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »
+1
It just seems most expect a 5 to equate to letting him back right away, and 1 being a permaban, which Isn't the case.

What he did was wrong, he will be banned for a period of time (Hopefully not permanently) but I think there needs to be some clarification on the actual purpose of this essay, are people rating an essay, or voting on the outcome of troy's fate in CRPG/Strat?

People are voting on their opinion of the essay in general ad whether or not they personally believe it's deserving of an unban. Those are opinions, however and it is ultimately up the individual who issued the essay topic/ban. Whether or not the sheer amount of no votes he's gotten in this case equates to anything that would effect how long the ban stays in place remains to be seen.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 05:53:43 pm »
Hey there is this guy who has been arrested 5 times already. Twice has he been in jail and the last time he got caught his offense was so severe the judges gave him a life's sentence.

But look, he wrote this really nice letter, why don't we just set him free again after a few days?

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »
Hey there is this guy who has been arrested 5 times already. Twice has he been in jail and the last time he got caught his offense was so severe the judges gave him a life's sentence.

But look, he wrote this really nice letter, why don't we just set him free again after a few days?

(click to show/hide)
p much why I put a 1. I like hosperglers (yall know that) but he puts a bad face on this community. If it means losing troyicde to so we can have a better gaming community, I'm perfectly fine with that. In my experience, he never seemed to benefit us in the first place.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:43 pm »
+1
I voted 2, Based on the video.

Seems to me he was wasting tickets, equipment, leeching xp given by strat.

If someone did this in a Hospitaller Siege battle, I do not think you would be all - oh he learned his lesson.

I do not even believe he took the essay seriously, And I don't much appreciate being messaged out of the blue, asking me to vote 5 without giving me any details hoping for bias votes and such.

The fact that he has been ban'd how many times before this as well? seems like if this were me id expect at least a 30 day ban IF I was the one being ban'd for the 4th or 5th time.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
+2

I gave a 2 because:

1) He put in some effort but it reads like a joke essay rather than anything serious.
2) He blames his past bans on unfair treatment and basically plays it off like he's the victim.

I'm sure he's sorry for being caught.  I'm less sure about anything else.

Also, bear in mind that this latest ban was for sabotaging a NEUTRAL fief.  Nobody owned it.  So it's not like he even has the revenge excuse here.  He wasn't hurting any particular clan, he was just trolling the game in general.

It's not real clear to me why we're even here having this discussion.  He's a troll.  The time for "grow the fuck up or get the fuck out" should have been during one of his previous 5 bans.

Considering 99% of the community has no bans at all, I don't see why we let some people have an endless cycle of trolling and apologizing.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:25 pm »
I'll tell you Troy...I was REALLY looking forward to reading your essay and voting a 1 on it...

Yet thou hast written graciously, and I do now award you a 4.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »
+5

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════

also voted 1
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
 :oops: sry but i have to wish tears away, i have NEVER ever read a better essay than this one. 5 off course !!!!

Thx Troy, i thought i couldnt cry no more...
Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 09:26:22 pm »
+1
I voted 2, Based on the video.

Seems to me he was wasting tickets, equipment, leeching xp given by strat.

If someone did this in a Hospitaller Siege battle, I do not think you would be all - oh he learned his lesson.

I do not even believe he took the essay seriously, And I don't much appreciate being messaged out of the blue, asking me to vote 5 without giving me any details hoping for bias votes and such.

The fact that he has been ban'd how many times before this as well? seems like if this were me id expect at least a 30 day ban IF I was the one being ban'd for the 4th or 5th time.

No one is stating that, No one.

We "all" think it was idiotic and he should be punished. Were just standing behind troy against a permaban which we find to be excessive if that's the outcome. Personally I do think troy used to be a troll (Sorry troy) and this incident doesn't help his case, But over the last couple months Troy has really stepped up and has became a more mature player, and was behind a lot of strat battles/strategies and was responsible to manage fiefs and was working well with others.. again this incident was a relapse of his old retarded ways, But I really do believe he is better than this, and will learn this time.. before he was just another member that followed along and did not need to worry much about anything along with bans, Now he has responsibly with in the clan and we hold him in higher regard and I know he will do better in the future if you give him the chance.

He was also creative with his essay, Not a vanilla copy and paste, he put a few hours into that.. So that's why I gave him a 5.. Not for his actions, But for his essay.

I know my word doesn't mean much to you guys, so take it as you will.

Offline Anhy

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Русь
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Anhy
  • IRC nick: Anhy
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »
5 Блеать!!! Только 5!!!!!

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »
+1
No one is stating that, No one.

We "all" think it was idiotic and he should be punished. Were just standing behind troy against a permaban which we find to be excessive if that's the outcome. Personally I do think troy used to be a troll (Sorry troy) and this incident doesn't help his case, But over the last couple months Troy has really stepped up and has became a more mature player, and was behind a lot of strat battles/strategies and was responsible to manage fiefs and was working well with others.. again this incident was a relapse of his old retarded ways, But I really do believe he is better than this, and will learn this time.. before he was just another member that followed along and did not need to worry much about anything along with bans, Now he has responsibly with in the clan and we hold him in higher regard and I know he will do better in the future if you give him the chance.

He was also creative with his essay, Not a vanilla copy and paste, he put a few hours into that.. So that's why I gave him a 5.. Not for his actions, But for his essay.

I know my word doesn't mean much to you guys, so take it as you will.

I don't believe he should be perma ban either, I believe he should be Punished based on the equipment and tickets he wasted. Meow already said this isn't a democracy the final choice isn't held in this Poll, it might help him or hurt him based on what happens here, but wont sell his ticket either. I disagree with perma ban I also believe he shouldn't get off free either, Perhaps they could subtract the gear cost he wasted from his account as punishment and 15 hours for each ticket wasted. it might be harsh but it isn't taking his looms, or Perma banning him either.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:54 pm »
I still think of c-rpg and strategus as two seperate things. I don't play Strategus myself, not belonging to a clan nor wanting to join one and I haven't heard that is supports Mercs.

I think a week or two ban in c-rpg would relay the proper message. I don't think the Strategus asshattery should automatically and necessarily bleed over into c-rpg battle/siege modes though. Isn't Strategus supposed to be about politics, reputation, smack talking, devious underhanded backstabbing and such? Like I said, I'm not playing it, so I could have the wrong impression. But to expound:

Strategus - Hmm. Sounds bad, but if I recall, don't you have to hire someone to be in a battle? Well, why did you hire him? I bet you don't do that again. His reputation is trashed, and so even if not banned he could never participate in another battle if nobody ever hires him. Is that right? And if he did it to his clan, his clan can handle that by booting his ass and then for sure he would never get hired. So...the mechanics for dealing with asshattery is already in place if that is the case.
Should we have some administrative ban as well? I would say yes simply to discourage that type of blatant action. But with game mechanics and reputation that could essentially perma-ban someone from participating in Strategus, I don't necessarily believe that an actual Admin ban should be implemented without cheating of some type happening. Reputation should handle screwing someone over. Maybe you guys need a list of people not to hire to fight in Strategus battles.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline _451_ATS

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:35 pm »
+1
We all know his actions and how idiotic they were.

The question is does his essay both stay to the topic and show his remorse.

On topic: 5
Remorse: -4

Essays like this, the poetry, or any other whimsical writings seems to make a mockery of this punishment. It shouldn't have to be said but this isn't an instance for an individual to flex their creative muscles or to have a good time doing it.