Author Topic: Warband MMO, future of cRPG  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
Warband MMO, future of cRPG
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:29 am »
Well if you interest i got an idea to create a working MMO world, perfecto.

World map should be like:
(click to show/hide)

World
Every honeycomb is a different map (different server) 100x100 for example. No honeycomb borders it's shaped globe. You'll open the actual map instead of honeycombs by visiting, exploring. Some regions have cities some have castles, villages.

Membership
And there will be two types of membership. Premium membership to keep the game going. The main benefit of prem is the ability to hold fiefs. And regular people should accept a prem as a master to get fief advantages, they don't have to be a citizen but they'll lose the advantages of a fief then. Premiums can also form a warband.

Traveling
There's 6 NPCs on every map to make you pass to another. If you are in a warband your lord chooses the direction and you'll go with your/his army. Warbands pass every region in 2 minutes as they will not to stop in every region.

Character
At begining you'll give your character default points and born in %60 in a city %30 in a castle %10 in a village. Cities and castles are the safe zones. All has lords and only LORDS can attack in a city.

Leveling, fief advantages, offline problem, crafting, making money
In a fief you can train your skills. It's not so challenging. Much XP but has a limit everyday for REGULAR members (10 min for example). First 15 levels can be achieved in 1st day 10 minute. You can also train yourself outside but will need another person to fight with practice swords. It's normal xp, limitless and not safe outside. You'll get experience every successful block. Not available for archers.

In fiefs you can have houses. Cities can hold 800 people as a citizen. Castles hold 200 and villages hold 50. This pop. can turn into a warband by fief owner. If you are a citizen and living in a city. That means you don't need food. When you leave from city with your warband your lord supplies you food. But when you are alone leaving city you'll need 1 pieces of food to live one day in a tent. When you got disconnected or logout outside, you form a tent and start to live in there SAFE as long as your food available. Forming a tent lasts 1minute, if you got disconnected you'll be fully open to loot just for 1min, then your corpse turn into a tent.

You can collect resources from mines, woods, farms etc. You'll sell them directly to a NPC or craft them to make money. No armor no weapon can be buyable from NPCs. Every weapon in the game is playermade. For example you cut some wood outside and come in the city you'll make yourself a bow in a minigame. The stats of weapon is determined by the click at the right time game or how much you can click or games and such. Then you can sell your weapon to another or sell it to your lord's armoury.

Lord gets a tax from it's citizens. For this reason you may have some money to live in a city. You should make money by selling material or crafted items. You live outside you don't have money to pay your tax but food.

Warbands, war and siege, permanant death, looting
The fief owner can create warbands with his population his citizens. And can move them on map without stoping but at the same time without exploring. Warbands can be attacked on open field while moving by another warband. That's what we call a open field battle. Attacker determine the time which will be in 12-24 hours.

When a warband attacks to a city it's siege. Attacker lord should determine the time which can be in 24-72hours. After his choice both sides informed about when will the siege happen. Offline people from both sides turn into bots in their levels.

Offline members of a warband standing in a region turns into bot. When your lord ain't online and you are in the warband you online. You can desert your party leaving the area. If lord gave you some new stuff to fight for him in a war. It's something about your loyalty. :)

You can always kill people if you are not in a safe zone. Full loot for 1hour. After it disappears. Same in wars. After a successful battle you may have much work to collect loot. :)

Since game focuses on not grinding. There's real death. The real fear of death. Real immortal people stories going on. Once you death you start all over and be a 15 level again in 10minutes. %90 you born in safe zone.

Premium people can get in the line to be a lord. After a death of a lord the city is his's. But the previous lord has lost a lot of troops/population in battle so time to recover.

What do you say if you read all of this long story?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Warband MMO, future of cRPG
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »
Great, now you just need to make it.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 03:04:41 am »
Id try it out, though i hope you are rich to keep it going :D

Also this concerns crpg i guess so it belongs in general i think
Just a soldier

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:32 pm »
Great, now you just need to make it.

People do not respect ideas until these ideas make its owner's billionaire.

Offline Bear

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Baron_Bear
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »
I like the idea, also i can see u made some thoughts about it.
but like Vibe said.. now u just need to make it :D :D
or get someone to make it whatever

Offline Hauptmann

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »
I'd likely pay for it.
Never again.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:22:37 am »
People do not respect ideas until these ideas make its owner's billionaire.

People respect action. Anyone can have an idea but only a few can see their idea through

But yes it's an interesting "idea"

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 06:08:31 am »
People respect action. Anyone can have an idea but only a few can see their idea through

^
This.

I've had an idea for my perfect MMO for a long time.  However since I don't know how to code worth shit, it means fuck all.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:50:17 am »
I am sure there r people in our community who can code.  Why don't we make an mmo?
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 07:30:32 am »
^
This.

I've had an idea for my perfect MMO for a long time.  However since I don't know how to code worth shit, it means fuck all.

I am interested can you tell me more? And yeah you are right.

I am sure there r people in our community who can code.  Why don't we make an mmo?

This can be possible. Because the current system is suitable for my ideas. It can be a small world at first. 2 cities and 1 open area. 3 server. If someone can code ingame server switch that means we are now created the world. Other things will be a lot easier.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:26:11 am »
I'd gladly join the developer team if a group of such comes to existence. But I demand a free premium account for that :)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:32:53 am »
Also prepare to have your playerbase reduced by 80% just because of permadeath.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »
Also prepare to have your playerbase reduced by 80% just because of permadeath.

Perma-death will work well do not worry.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 01:39:55 pm »
Perma-death will work well do not worry.

I know it can but it's the sheer term that puts most of the "non hardcore" playerbase off. It's just how it is. I would love permadeath just for the kicks and the extra thrills, but it's the general playerbase that will suffer because of it. Experiencing literally hundreds of different MMO's I know how MMO community works nowadays.

I would suggest using UDK (Unreal development kit) for making the game. It's an easy to use game development software once you spend a few hours working on it. No real programming skills needed for the basic stuff. + graphics are win
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:43:38 pm by Vibe »

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 03:29:30 pm »
Permanent death may sound cool but in my opinion, permanent death will never work in a online game where you have to invest.

In a perfect world it might work. But games crash, people lag and things happen. Just look in mount and blade. People get upset and complain about dying for the most trivial reasons. My wireless mouse was out of battery, my button got jammed, omg that was no where near me, I blocked!!
Dying because of those reasons can be frustrating. Permanently dying and losing everything you worked for, because of something you couldn't control.. Well why would you continue playing?

The only game I can think of that had permanent death was the jedi in star wars galaxies. And it was a disaster