Author Topic: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (FIDLGB)  (Read 252480 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: The Pale Horsemen (Recruiting NA)
« Reply #1395 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:44 am »
So what's the latest? Obviously I don't play this nearly as much as I used to, so I'm kinda glad I wasn't too important in strat! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #1396 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36:34 am »
+1
Banned as fuck, reporting in. I heard that the last wave of autoblocker bans which are of a somewhat similar nature took a week or two for the devs to get to them. So, I believe that it's time to hurry up and wait.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #1397 on: November 07, 2012, 10:03:55 am »
Aw shit. I thought you guys had been unbanned. My bad. Hope they hurry it up then.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #1398 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:03 am »
Just a head up guys, actually got nothing personnaly against you...

But I think you need to understand that YES, doing strat action for someone else because they are busy in real life IS what got you ban. No it's not less worse than having 2 account for one person. It's still cheating...

Everyone got a life too around here, when the right person isn't online do move some critical stuff or else... we're boned like everyone should be... Why should you guys had a free pass over that?  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:58 pm »
+2

But I think you need to understand that YES, doing strat action for someone else because they are busy in real life IS what got you ban. No it's not less worse than having 2 account for one person. It's still cheating...

Everyone got a life too around here, when the right person isn't online do move some critical stuff or else... we're boned like everyone should be... Why should you guys had a free pass over that?  :wink:

First, i think it is less of an offense than having two accounts. We weren't EXPLOITING anything, we weren't mass producing weapons, goods, troops, gear, etc. that someone with two accounts would. Second, none of us knew it was cheating, we didn't play strat during the atrocities of the greys, and only started playing at the end of strat 3. If you are a clan leader, i think that part of that is helping people understand strat and helping them if they are in a jam is part of your duty; it's just a shame that the community does not. Here is what Cheat actually means and we didn't violate any of this. You're going to say "oh look at 1b" and i'm going to say look at our global ban post when we found out we were banned. none of us knew of a violation and were forthcoming with the information to help clarify the situation. GG.

Definition of CHEAT

transitive verb

1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

intransitive verb

1 a : to practice fraud or trickery
   b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
2 : to be sexually unfaithful —usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #1400 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:35 pm »
+1

I have say that I don't agree even a tiny bit.

There is a huge difference between using a dozen cd keys to generate gigantic numbers of troops/gold and having someone you trust enough to give the password to your generation 26 account to move you three inches mid trade run to get you off a mountain while you're in the hospital with your pregnant wife.  I don't think account sharing should be tolerated, but there has to be a modicum of common sense applied when punishments are being handed out.  Pale horse comprises a fairly large chunk of the daytime NA community, they don't have any history of this kind of behavior, they've expressed plenty of remorse for their actions, and they've given their word it wouldn't happen again.  The only thing to gain by keeping them banned is some kind of archaic zero-tolerance policy to hopefully frighten away would-be multiaccounters.
boop

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 07, 2012, 03:18:50 pm »
+2
The only thing to gain by keeping them banned is some kind of archaic zero-tolerance policy to hopefully frighten away would-be multiaccounters.

Dis. If these guys aren't unbanned, you're losing, first off, people who actually play the mod (and we need as many of those as we can get) as well as people who were bringing fresh blood onto the field pretty regularly with their real life friends.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #1402 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »
+3

1.I think they understand why they were banned.
2. I am of the opinion that their actions are not nearly as bad as someone having multiple accounts
3. That is like saying that getting arrested for a misdemeanor is the same as getting arrested for murder since It's still murder...

Yes, what they did was against the rules, but it seems pretty clear that they did not know they were breaking the rules at the time, and that they wouldn't do it again if they were unbanned. If anything, maybe ban them for like a week.

Just to clarify, pretty much the only interaction I have ever had with the Pale Horsemen is getting bounced over to EU land in strat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:19:25 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Trillian

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 07, 2012, 06:39:29 pm »
-
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:17:23 pm by Trillian »

Offline SonicHog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Faster! FASter! FASTER!
    • View Profile
    • [FIDLGB] - F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (Recruiting NA)
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Gacrux_the_Swift, SonicHog_FIDLGB, Col_Duke_Lacrosse
« Reply #1404 on: November 07, 2012, 06:43:44 pm »
Dis. If these guys aren't unbanned, you're losing, first off, people who actually play the mod (and we need as many of those as we can get) as well as people who were bringing fresh blood onto the field pretty regularly with their real life friends.

Exactly. This is only killing the MOD even further. These a genuinely good players who participate in the MOD. If they had past transgressions, then I can maybe understand. But these guys have been straight up good cRPG citizens!

Also, it wasn't like we benefited greatly doing this. I think we all just need to hug it out and get over this and bring them back into the fold.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:49:18 pm by SonicHog »
My best advice to you? Look down and swing left.

Offline Belthain

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • :(
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB (Fuck It Dude, Let's Go Bowling)
  • Game nicks: STFU_Donny, Donny_the_Virtuous
« Reply #1405 on: November 07, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »
+1
Bro's... <3

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #1406 on: November 07, 2012, 11:11:41 pm »
Well I know the mod has lost at least 6 new players including myself in large part (all started playing within the last three months), because we simply don't feel like playing knowing that our friend who introduced us to this game has been banned for absolutely idiotic reasons.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #1407 on: November 08, 2012, 12:08:24 am »
I suggest you check back every now and then, it usually takes a bit for them to process the requests for unbanning people.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 08, 2012, 12:15:59 am »
I suggest you check back every now and then, it usually takes a bit for them to process the requests for unbanning people.

Rhalzo checked sunday (ban day), I did monday/wednesday so who's up?

If we do get unbanned it's going to be hard for me to get back on the horse (pun intended). Also, I have a friend who quit upon hearing my story as well Daruvian. So that's 7.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #1409 on: November 08, 2012, 12:40:13 am »
+2
I hope you guys get unbanned since we never got a chance to fight our war.  Assuming what you guys say is true, it sounds like a pretty minor violation compared to the shit that the Greys did.  Not permanent ban worthy in my opinion as long as you guys play fair from now on.  Greys and the other UIF cheaters should be banned permanently since they knew they were cheating and did it anyway.