Author Topic: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (FIDLGB)  (Read 252476 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: The Pale Horsemen (Recruiting NA)
« Reply #1185 on: October 16, 2012, 06:46:43 am »
+1
I'm a massive sperg so I'm going to start writing up some class/weapon guidelines and team-fighting guidelines. More to come soon.

I sure hope you discuss the difference between asshats that use lances cavalry and mounted infantry.

Sperg.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #1186 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:29 pm »
+3
AND SO BEGINS THE SPERGITUDE

Alright, so to begin my impromptu combat manual, I'd like to begin with the basic formation that we should use with a sizable group; something like 3-4 and up. The larger our group is, the more effective this will be. Also, the more rigid our formation should be. With only a few people, a much more informal way of fighting will be needed. Now, direct your attention to the masterpiece made possible by modern technology coupled with my considerable artistic ability (Yes, my photobucket account name is blackhawk7down7, I made it when I was 12. Feel free to laugh.):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Squares: Shielders (1h or hoplite)
Triangles: Polearm users without shield
Cross/Star things: Ranged of any variety
Circles: Two-handers or one-handers without shield
Diamonds: DUMBASS MOTHERFUCKERS THAT THOUGHT THEY COULD FIGHT US AND WIN

Alright, now let me explain my glorious illustration. In any group-fight, shielders should always be the core of the formation, located in the middle. The reason for this is obvious; any heavily wounded fighters can easily move to the middle of the formation behind them to take cover, and the polearm users can take cover behind them. Shielders are the most survivable class, and need to do nothing more than engage the enemy head-on.

Next, we have the polearms. The worst place for a polearm user is in the middle of a formation. Why, you ask? Well, here's the answer, folks. When placed in the middle of a formation, quad-directional polearms (warspear, boarspear, glaives, etc) are either unable to swing due to friendly soldiers on one or both sides of them (either for fear of teamwounding or because of physical blocking of the polearm) or will simply teamwound the hell out of their friends. When placed on the flanks of the formation, they are able to swing freely. Not only this, but they are also able to better protect their formation from enemy bundle of stickss cavalry. Now, it is important to mention that a polearm directly behind the shield-wall to function as dedicated anti-bundle of stickscavalry, but often numbers will not allow such a thing.

Next, we have the ranged fighters. The worst place for these guys is, again, directly behind the shield-wall. Obviously, it is very difficult to shoot around or over friendly soldiers. However, this is not the only reason for their position in this diagram. If the enemy is intelligent, they will have shielders in the front of their formation. It is a highly ineffective use of ranged to shoot the front of a shield-wall, hoping that they get a lucky shot on someone's big toe. However, if they are located more on the flanks, they are able to shoot enemies in the side or in the ass. Much more efficient. You'll notice that each ranged has two attack vectors. This is because a two-hander is the most versatile class, thusly making them the perfect bodyguard for a ranged user. If infantry attempts to kill the ranged, the two-hander can simply engage them and often achieve victory due to their superior 1v1 capability. If bundle of stickss cavalry attempt to kill the ranged, a 2h can often have great success by simply using their considerable stab animation to either scare the bundle of sticks cavalry or to outright dismount or kill them.

Finally, we have the two-handed heroes. It is worth mentioning that these guys can go ANYWHERE. They are the most versatile melee class by far, and as such they are effective in all combat roles. However, I believe the most effective use of these guys is to simply flank the enemy who is hopefully preoccupied by the rest of the group. This is due to a few things. Firstly, since they are so versatile, they are unlikely to be picked off by a mounted enemy or an infantryman attempting to duel them. Secondly, they have EXTREME damage output. Two-handed soldiers can easily 2-shot moderately or even heavily-armoured opponents. This is compounded further by swings/stabs to the head region, which are far easier if they are behind an enemy or at the flank. Nothing will disrupt a formation faster than a two-handed hero suddenly appearing behind them and spamming left-click as fast as he or she can.

Appendix A: I didn't mention the role of bundle of stickss cavalry. This is because their role is very obvious. They are to either get behind a large formation, bumping and attacking unaware or preoccupied foes, or they are to pick off lone enemies.

Appendix B: Due to popular demand (Daruvian asking one time), I will now explain the difference between bundle of stickss cavalry and mounted infantry. It is my opinion that lance-users, whether they use a shield or not are called bundle of stickss cavalry, while 2h and 1h are simply mounted infantry. The purpose of this is to distinguish the amount of bundle of sticksry inherent in each role.

I hope this helps us, I'll post more at some point in the future. Likely next I will post guides on how to play classes that I feel I have expertise in (most notably, polearm and shielder)

Edit: I made the diagram using a low-quality Compaq laptop with a god-awful touchpad. Sorry that it blows dick.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:23:05 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #1187 on: October 16, 2012, 08:21:21 pm »
+3
Since certain people have complained that my QUALITY diagram didn't include mounted folks, here's an updated picture.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »
AND SO BEGINS THE SPERGITUDE

Diamonds: DUMBASS MOTHERFUCKERS THAT THOUGHT THEY COULD FIGHT US AND WIN

+1 ALL OVER THIS, just for the above statement alone!

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #1189 on: October 16, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »
+1
So for the people waiting for your names to come through, here we go.

Daruvian_the_Racist

Zater_the_Mass_Debater

RaumCimejes_the_Stalwart

Saintsiper_the_Snipper

Please go ahead and request your name changes.

If you don't like your title, let us know and we can see what we can do.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ethgar_FIDLGB
« Reply #1190 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »
+1
+1 ALL OVER THIS, just for the above statement alone!

I approve this as well!!!
“If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful”

"We shall never win, if we are divided....."

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #1191 on: October 17, 2012, 04:06:41 pm »
On a strategus note, I'm still working my way out of EU. Should I stop and buy goods or anything from any of these many many villages and such that I'm passing? I've still got a long ways to go.

I know in the last strat, you just bought goods and sold them at a profit after transporting them far distances. I don't really know how they work this time around.

Also, awesome guide.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 17, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »
On a strategus note, I'm still working my way out of EU. Should I stop and buy goods or anything from any of these many many villages and such that I'm passing? I've still got a long ways to go.

I know in the last strat, you just bought goods and sold them at a profit after transporting them far distances. I don't really know how they work this time around.

Also, awesome guide.

Just get back to our lands as soon as possible. No need to stop and buy anything along the way as it will just slow you down.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 17, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »
+1
Come home.................come home................get out of those dark lands..............

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 17, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »
Keep an eye on strat tonight bros.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:16 am »
Keep an eye on strat tonight bros.

So we were able to safely come to terms with the army that was very close to being killed. They will be buying some gear and then moving out of the area. Keep an eye on the area still though, just to be safe.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 18, 2012, 12:10:32 pm »
roger that sir!

Offline RaumCimejes

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Trying to just get along in this life and live.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Pale Horsemen
  • Game nicks: RaumCimejes_The_Stalwart
« Reply #1197 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »
I like the name :D
Yes...that is me with two foam swords... don't judge me.  If you did, it is alright you can change your ways by going to that youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/NerdHerdLetsplay?feature=mhee

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #1198 on: October 18, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
Starting my 2nd generation today so I will be a worthless pile of shite for about a week.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »
Starting my 2nd generation today so I will be a worthless pile of shite for about a week.

???    You were different than this???     :D