Author Topic: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (FIDLGB)  (Read 252570 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: [FIDLGB] - F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (Recruiting NA)
« Reply #885 on: September 10, 2012, 09:48:39 am »
I'll try to start being around and paying attention and whatnot now that strat's reset.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Ethgar_FIDLGB
« Reply #886 on: September 10, 2012, 02:51:44 pm »
+1
Sounds good Rhalzo.    Just message me on steam when your available.   I'd like to start getting our stuff together, and the more of us that can be on for a little bowling session in TS the better I believe.   Mondays are the easiest time for me to make it when Bronto is on.   I'd like to be able to make it when all of us can be on, well at least the major Strat players.    :)

Here's my kind of list of things I'm curious about.

1. Recruiting  (We need moar peeps!! :D   )

2. Strategy for this session

3. Ideas on Allies, etc....... (I know its early, but what's our "guidelines" so to speak)

4. Rules on engagements, etc......

5. When it comes down to participating in battles, are we following the same rules as last session.  (i.e.  I've seen other "clans" split up
when it comes down to sieges because of lack of gear they use on the other side)

6. Specializations.   I know we all are good at certain things, but are we still going for the be what you want to be, or are we going to want to be more organized "battle ready" this time around?   (i.e.   Dedicated archers, supports, 1h/shielders, etc....)  Basically are you going to want certain people doing things so during strat battles, we can stick together to better perform for the side we're on?   And if so, we need to start practicing together more.    Maybe set up times in the afternoons for everyone to try to be on together, so we can get the majority of us on at the same time.   I've always experienced that in games like this, as I've played a lot of FPS (battlefield 2, 2142, bf3, etc......) The more you gamed with people and learned their styles of play, you can easily give each other pointers, but you also tend to build a greater chemistry in the game.    I'm not saying go hardcore on it, but I know myself would do better given the chance to game with everyone as a group.  There's only so much you can do when playing crpg, and having the teams run in different directions cause they are focused on their K/D ratio's for that valour. 

That's about it in a nutshell for me.   What's everyone's thoughts on this???    I'd just like to see us be able to do more as a clan this strat round, and hopefully have a more of an impact on the CRPG community. 

As for when I'm available,   

Sundays and Mondays I have off of work, so usually any time.
Tues-Saturdays:   Usually any time after 5 pm eastern is when I'm home, and gives me time after work to eat, shower, and get ready for some gaming.   :)
“If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful”

"We shall never win, if we are divided....."

Offline Epic_Giant

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • IM'A HOPPIN WHOPPA MOTHA FUCKA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Stormcloak
  • Game nicks: Mostly i Play on Epic_Giant but i have a `SHITTON of alts
« Reply #887 on: September 10, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »
Why do you want to join Fuck It Dude, Let's Go Bowling? I like The name so much

What is your current build?Rhodok  Pick and boardshield

What generation is your main? 1st

How old are you? 15

Are you able to shut up and listen to instructions during battles? Sure

When are you active on cRPG/Strategus? idk what that even is or how it works

Where are you based in the world (NA/EU)? EU finland

Do you have Teamspeak and a microphone? Yuuuup
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 10, 2012, 09:03:21 pm »
Why do you want to join Fuck It Dude, Let's Go Bowling? I like The name so much

What is your current build?Rhodok  Pick and boardshield

What generation is your main? 1st

How old are you? 15

Are you able to shut up and listen to instructions during battles? Sure

When are you active on cRPG/Strategus? idk what that even is or how it works

Where are you based in the world (NA/EU)? EU finland

Do you have Teamspeak and a microphone? Yuuuup

Hang out with us in TS and we'll see how things are going after, let's say, a week.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #889 on: September 10, 2012, 09:48:01 pm »
+2
Sounds good Rhalzo.    Just message me on steam when your available.   I'd like to start getting our stuff together, and the more of us that can be on for a little bowling session in TS the better I believe.   Mondays are the easiest time for me to make it when Bronto is on.   I'd like to be able to make it when all of us can be on, well at least the major Strat players.    :)

Here's my kind of list of things I'm curious about.

1. Recruiting  (We need moar peeps!! :D   )

6. Specializations.   I know we all are good at certain things, but are we still going for the be what you want to be, or are we going to want to be more organized "battle ready" this time around?   (i.e.   Dedicated archers, supports, 1h/shielders, etc....)  Basically are you going to want certain people doing things so during strat battles, we can stick together to better perform for the side we're on?   And if so, we need to start practicing together more.    Maybe set up times in the afternoons for everyone to try to be on together, so we can get the majority of us on at the same time.   I've always experienced that in games like this, as I've played a lot of FPS (battlefield 2, 2142, bf3, etc......) The more you gamed with people and learned their styles of play, you can easily give each other pointers, but you also tend to build a greater chemistry in the game.    I'm not saying go hardcore on it, but I know myself would do better given the chance to game with everyone as a group.  There's only so much you can do when playing crpg, and having the teams run in different directions cause they are focused on their K/D ratio's for that valour. 

So here's my thoughts on two of those things. Firstly, recruiting. I'm doing my damndest. Every person that has posted in the "clan search" thread in the past month has gotten a PM from me with all kinds of attractive info on us. So far I haven't had one of them message me back. So it goes. Trying to scope out people in the battle server as well.

Kay, so the other thing. Here's my thinking. In the battle server, it matters only that we're together and have eachothers backs. Certainly it would be cool to write on paper the number of individual classes that we need; but I do not think it is practical. For example, for a 5-man infantry outfit, I think that a single dedicated archer or arbalestier, two hybrid ranged users with strong melee focus, and two dedicated melee users is ideal. If we get that in game, we'll fucking dominate, sure. However, getting many, many people online at once is tricky as all get out. Encouraging and formulating builds for people is one thing, but we're certainly not the group that MAKES people do just about anything. As long as someone is a useful fighter, that's good enough for me.

Also; in strategus I am thinking there should be a clear or semi-clear order of folks that should be either
a)leading the entire shebang
b)leading divisions of folks (cav, infantry, archers, shields, etc etc etc)
c)POSSIBLY leading squads of hand-picked folks. Biggest obstacle here is EVERYONE being in teamspeak with voice discipline or this is out the window.

The folks that should be leading shit should both be competent at the game, and have a solid understand of both battlefield tactics and specific strategus tactics.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:11 pm »

So here's my thoughts on two of those things. Firstly, recruiting. I'm doing my damndest. Every person that has posted in the "clan search" thread in the past month has gotten a PM from me with all kinds of attractive info on us. So far I haven't had one of them message me back. So it goes. Trying to scope out people in the battle server as well.

Kay, so the other thing. Here's my thinking. In the battle server, it matters only that we're together and have eachothers backs. Certainly it would be cool to write on paper the number of individual classes that we need; but I do not think it is practical. For example, for a 5-man infantry outfit, I think that a single dedicated archer or arbalestier, two hybrid ranged users with strong melee focus, and two dedicated melee users is ideal. If we get that in game, we'll fucking dominate, sure. However, getting many, many people online at once is tricky as all get out. Encouraging and formulating builds for people is one thing, but we're certainly not the group that MAKES people do just about anything. As long as someone is a useful fighter, that's good enough for me.

Also; in strategus I am thinking there should be a clear or semi-clear order of folks that should be either
a)leading the entire shebang
b)leading divisions of folks (cav, infantry, archers, shields, etc etc etc)
c)POSSIBLY leading squads of hand-picked folks. Biggest obstacle here is EVERYONE being in teamspeak with voice discipline or this is out the window.

The folks that should be leading shit should both be competent at the game, and have a solid understand of both battlefield tactics and specific strategus tactics.

There will be changes coming up. Hopefully to be announced tomorrow if I get time to work on it all.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 11, 2012, 12:00:35 am »
Sounds good.   

I wasn't trying to imply that's what we should do, more so just suggestions sandy.     I'm not trying to say you be this, etc...........but as a group your right, we should have a well armed group like that.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:34 am »
Sounds good.   

I wasn't trying to imply that's what we should do, more so just suggestions sandy.     I'm not trying to say you be this, etc...........but as a group your right, we should have a well armed group like that.

Oh, I read you homie. We all know that we're not a strict bunch of dudes. Just trying to clarify shit, ye dig?
Really, I think I'd really love a group that heavily suggested classes and such. I really like what NH has done with their thread, posting a bunch of builds that they use. I think that's rad. I might get working on some shit like that. But at the same time, our attitude and vibe does not exactly mesh well with extreme organization and rigidity. Nor should it.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 11, 2012, 01:19:42 am »
Oh, I read you homie. We all know that we're not a strict bunch of dudes. Just trying to clarify shit, ye dig?
Really, I think I'd really love a group that heavily suggested classes and such. I really like what NH has done with their thread, posting a bunch of builds that they use. I think that's rad. I might get working on some shit like that. But at the same time, our attitude and vibe does not exactly mesh well with extreme organization and rigidity. Nor should it.

If you guys want, I can write up a few builds for some different roles. Just say something and I'll do it up. Maybe I'll include this in the announcement tomorrow.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 11, 2012, 02:34:32 am »
Yes! The magestic announcement tomorrow. Rhalzo and I put a lot of thought into what may be announced/discussed tomorrow so stay tuned!

I think the build thing is a great idea and I can throw my two cents into that as well. We can put them all together and slang em your way sandy, since I am a noob on the ol' PC.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:55 am »
+1
It's hard to find good graphics to use... fuck.

-EDIT-

So I may have a rough draft and some more ideas solidified by tomorrow. No final products yet though. I'll be on around 10 am CST to talk with anyone who is on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:51:17 am by Rhalzo »

Offline SonicHog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Faster! FASter! FASTER!
    • View Profile
    • [FIDLGB] - F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling (Recruiting NA)
  • Game nicks: Gacrux_the_Swift, SonicHog_FIDLGB, Col_Duke_Lacrosse
« Reply #896 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:31 pm »
Can't wait for the big announcement. It'll be interesting to see where this clan goes now, since we have accumulated a decent following.

I'm down for whatever, I just don't want this becoming uber clan as I've always liked the laid back nature of this group. 

Don't need dedicated builds. We're rarely fighting by ourselves and there's no guarantee the right builds will be on when we need them. Ideally, it would be awesome to have that 5 man squad Sandy mentioned, but I don't see that ever really happening.

Need to maintain close ties to our allies as we're still relatively small compared to the other clans. We'll need their numbers as I'm sure they'll be lots of battles in the early stages of Strat 4.

Alternatively, we can say fuck it, and become raider-merc nomads. Like we all get to, and start in one town, then go out raiding, and meet back up in another designated town. Kinda like nomads where we just keep moving from one designated place to another like every week. We'll offer our services to the highest bidders regardless of who they are. I think this could be fun as we'll never have to worry about defending one location and this is a niche where we can carve out a name for ourselves.

My best advice to you? Look down and swing left.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:07 pm »

Alternatively, we can say fuck it, and become raider-merc nomads. Like we all get to, and start in one town, then go out raiding, and meet back up in another designated town. Kinda like nomads where we just keep moving from one designated place to another like every week. We'll offer our services to the highest bidders regardless of who they are. I think this could be fun as we'll never have to worry about defending one location and this is a niche where we can carve out a name for ourselves.

That would be most awesome if it was feasible. All of the clans that would have the resources to hire us would simply do the task themselves. I don't see anything that we could bring to the table that the larger NA clans/alliances (Hosp, TkoV, Chaos, Hate) could not do themselves, likely with better gear. The only way I could see it working is if we were suddenly the undisputed best players around, and had the ability to ass-kick anyone that looked at us funny.

Edit: We could do the raider dealio, although we'd piss folks off rather quick doing that. In addition, it is MUCH easier to have a smallish territory with a couple fiefs. If someone has a real-life crisis and is without access to the internet, or simply cannot devote much time for a bit, they would be left behind and subsequently raped while we were on the move. If this happened while we had territory, they could simply craft goods the entire damn time they're away. Or at least not get raped. Plus, organized moves and stings would be a hell of a thing for rhalzo and bronto to keep up with.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »
To keep you all updated, Rhalzo and I are still working on our announcement so hopefully tomorrow we'll have it all together or nearly all together.

NOTE: If you are reading this and are on the ladder but haven't been active for a while (IE in game/Team speak/faction halls/breathing/are you dead?), you will be trimmed off but can apply again later. We are going to implement a few new things as well, part of this entails thinning the herd and setting up some guidelines for our new recruits.

That is all.........for now.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:49 pm »
Roger dodger