1 (worst)
41 (43.2%)
7 (7.4%)
5 (5.3%)
10 (10.5%)
5 (best)
32 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: [Unban Essay] Free Alv [Warning: Russian words inside]  (Read 7796 times)

Offline VR__Alv

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
Re: [Unban Essay] Free Alv [Warning: Russian words inside]
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »
+1
 :cry:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 07:38:48 pm »
This player deserves an un-ban.  Most of his bans were unjustified, in my view.  TKing does not deserve a ban...it deserves a kick.  If someone TK's over and over, then ban them for a hour or two, at most.

So I can grief every day because the Admins are handcuffed into being teddy bears? I'm not certain that I agree with this.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline VR__Alv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
+1
So I can grief every day because the Admins are handcuffed into being teddy bears? I'm not certain that I agree with this.
i want to answer you but dont understand what did you say (goolge translator says stupid things) sorry
(click to show/hide)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »
+2

This was a small part of my position, and I understand if you disagree.  The meat of my post was below that though.

I guess its just a matter of perspective.  You may say "I can grief every day" and I'd say "you can get banned every day".  You'd say "hand-cuffed teddy bear" and I'd say "acting with prudence, but firmness."  Not all griefs are created equal, and the punishment should fit the crime.  TW/TK = minor offense.  Cheating/hacking = major offense.  The point I was trying to make with that 1st paragraph is that if his minor offenses were treated as such with a warning or a kick, his ban count would be considerably less than 8 and we'd be dealing with a different animal.  I'm saying lets call a spade a spade.  8 TW bans is waaaay different than 8 cheating bans (which would never happen, but you get my point).

True justice: you ruin someone's round (TK, TW) you have a round ruined (kick).  You ruin someone's day (racist remark, etc), you day gets ruined (1 day ban).  You ruin someone's entire game (hacking someone's account, cheating), your game gets ruined (perma-ban).  That's just my views.

The rest of my previous post, and what follows here, appeals to alv's specific condition, and his fate is the one we must consider now.  We all have the same goal: justice.  However we must take into account that this is a game and the severity of the crimes.  We must also take into account the consequences of the different actions we can take now:

If we choose to keep alv banned, we will completely obliterate his enjoyment of the game, but possibly slightly increase the rest of the playerbase's enjoyment (cuz they don't have to play with possibly un-reformed griefer).  If we allow him back in, we will completely restore one players enjoyment of the game (his) and possibly temporarily decrease the enjoyment for a few players (whoever is in game with him if he fucks up again...and only for the short period until he is re-banned.)  We must look at what is certain in the above statements, and what are the variables.  What are the chances of those variable occurring, and what are the consequences?  I think true justice will see giving him another chance still.

My logic is flawless!  :) 
For real though, think about it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:36:26 pm by Garison »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:39 pm »
+3
i want to answer you but dont understand what did you say (goolge translator says stupid things) sorry

Google translate is probably not saying stupid things...its an english expression (two of them actually, combined).  When someone is "handcuffed" it symbolically means they are bound, or restricted.  Another form of this expression is saying someones "hands are tied."  The other is "teddy bear", a stuffed animal toy.  When you say someone is being a "teddy bear" they are being soft, cuddly, or overly kind.

Tears is saying that my suggestions for more lenient admin punishments would be like "restricting the admin's actions so that they are too soft or kind".  Same as "handcuffed into being teddy bears."

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 08:41:51 pm »
+1
... вкусил сладость личерства ...

... took delight in sweet leeching ...

That part made me smile :) +5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:30 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Here is a close translation from Russian. I did my best to preserve the original text as good as possible. English is my 4th language, and I don't use it outside of internet, so you are welcome to correct my mistakes :)

( i kept the original English parts out )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets begin by defining what ban is. Ban – is a punishment for disturbers of order, and those who disregard the rules. Admin's ban, descends on the heads of mortal men like Odin's lightning bolt -  dealing death to the wicked.
Since administrators are supported by his highness chadz, their decisions are not being questioned. Protection of law and order – is their top priority.
Despite that, there are still some individuals who blatantly break the rules. ( I am, unfortunately, one of them ) I have been banned 8 times for breaking rules. ( 4 times for leeching, one for walking through walls and 3 times for team killing )

Since I do not possess a good imagination, that could otherwise assist me in writing this essay, I have read almost every unban essay on the forum – but that didn't help. Prepare yourself for nonsense and whining, that comes in the following paragraph.

It all began with a big bang... hmm.. it all began in September or October, i cant recall exactly, thats when i took delight in sweet leeching for the first time – you are doing nothing and earning gold – is  it not happiness? As it turns out – its not. The fairytale ended with my first 3-day ban. *** *** ****** **** - ** ****** * ** ****** *** **** ****** ******. I was forced to suffer on US servers for 3 days, enduring a 150+ ping. When it was over, and i came back to my beloved European siege, I got too comfortable and that led me to leeching once again....  Leeching became my drug, and as i experienced some success on the market – i craved for more gold for my lucrative business deals. Bans were raining on my head, as often as it rains in England. It was a bad time... My friends began to make fun of me... I had to leech, in order to acquire masterwork weapons and prove my worth to my clan-mates. By that time, I made my first enemies... but that didn't bother me... soon i had more enemies then friends, who attacked and killed me. I had to defend myself due to my naturally hot Cossack temper, and that was the reason for my next punishment – ban for team killing.

A magical axe that i got from a friend of mine – made me a berserker. I used to charge walls in my shining armor – jumping in a crowd and shredding everything in my path. All this action and fast movements made my PC lag, so i had to play ”blindly”. Often, my team-mates ended up under my weapon's magical blade, and since i did not see their banners – i did not apologize for my team kills.
Already after 10 minutes of playing, I had 5/5 team-wounding reports, and was kicked from the game. 
One has to be an exceptionally strong person, in order to restrain from reporting my vile actions on forum. Finally, there was someone who had enough of my team killing -  Outcast_BD_Baby_Wolf. Strangely enough, i don't want to find and kill him, I want to thank him for waking me up, and making me regret my actions.

I apologize for my actions and promise, that it will never happen again. I will change my nick-name, so I can erase my wicked past as soon as possible.....
I hope and beg for forgiveness.....

Sincerely yours, Alv.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* This sentence is too corny for me, and i refuse to translate it. Sorry. :(   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:17:41 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:46 am »
+1
This was a small part of my position, and I understand if you disagree.  The meat of my post was below that though.

I guess its just a matter of perspective.  You may say "I can grief every day" and I'd say "you can get banned every day".  You'd say "hand-cuffed teddy bear" and I'd say "acting with prudence, but firmness."  Not all griefs are created equal, and the punishment should fit the crime.  TW/TK = minor offense.  Cheating/hacking = major offense.  The point I was trying to make with that 1st paragraph is that if his minor offenses were treated as such with a warning or a kick, his ban count would be considerably less than 8 and we'd be dealing with a different animal.  I'm saying lets call a spade a spade.  8 TW bans is waaaay different than 8 cheating bans (which would never happen, but you get my point).

True justice: you ruin someone's round (TK, TW) you have a round ruined (kick).  You ruin someone's day (racist remark, etc), you day gets ruined (1 day ban).  You ruin someone's entire game (hacking someone's account, cheating), your game gets ruined (perma-ban).  That's just my views.

The rest of my previous post, and what follows here, appeals to alv's specific condition, and his fate is the one we must consider now.  We all have the same goal: justice.  However we must take into account that this is a game and the severity of the crimes.  We must also take into account the consequences of the different actions we can take now:

If we choose to keep alv banned, we will completely obliterate his enjoyment of the game, but possibly slightly increase the rest of the playerbase's enjoyment (cuz they don't have to play with possibly un-reformed griefer).  If we allow him back in, we will completely restore one players enjoyment of the game (his) and possibly temporarily decrease the enjoyment for a few players (whoever is in game with him if he fucks up again...and only for the short period until he is re-banned.)  We must look at what is certain in the above statements, and what are the variables.  What are the chances of those variable occurring, and what are the consequences?  I think true justice will see giving him another chance still.

My logic is flawless!  :) 
For real though, think about it.

Don't even know the guy but you have to agree with this, give the guy a chance he clearly regrets his actions and won't risk another ban.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:46 am »
+1
A picture is being drawn here,  of an immature,  hot tempered little fella that gets too involved into this game.  I personally like him,  however i dont think that is clouding my judgement whilst supporting his unban.

he didnt do anything that i couldnt forgive him for  if it was done to me,  and just maybe he will get a hold of himself in the future.

in the end it comes down to applying the rules with the intention of keeping the game enjoyable and playable for everyone.
if he should not live up to these expectations in the future,  a real punishment would be at hand.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline VR__Alv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 09:23:35 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Here is a close translation from Russian. I did my best to preserve the original text as good as possible. English is my 4th language, and I don't use it outside of internet, so you are welcome to correct my mistakes :)

( i kept the original English parts out )

Lets begin by defining what ban is. Ban – is a punishment for disturbers of order, and those who disregard the rules. Admin's ban, descends on the heads of mortal men like Odin's lightning bolt -  dealing death to the wicked.
Since administrators are supported by his highness chadz, their decisions are not being questioned. Protection of law and order – is their top priority.
Despite that, there are still some individuals who blatantly break the rules. ( I am, unfortunately, one of them ) I have been banned 8 times for breaking rules. ( 4 times for leeching, one for walking through walls and 3 times for team killing )

Since I do not possess a good imagination, that could otherwise assist me in writing this essay, I have read almost every unban essay on the forum – but that didn't help. Prepare yourself for nonsense and whining, that comes in the following paragraph.

It all began with a big bang... hmm.. it all began in September or October, i cant recall exactly, thats when i took delight in sweet leeching for the first time – you are doing nothing and earning gold – is  it not happiness? As it turns out – its not. The fairytale ended with my first 3-day ban. *** *** ****** **** - ** ****** * ** ****** *** **** ****** ******. I was forced to suffer on US servers for 3 days, enduring a 150+ ping. When it was over, and i came back to my beloved European siege, I got too comfortable and that led me to leeching once again....  Leeching became my drug, and as i experienced some success on the market – i craved for more gold for my lucrative business deals. Bans were raining on my head, as often as it rains in England. It was a bad time... My friends began to make fun of me... I had to leech, in order to acquire masterwork weapons and prove my worth to my clan-mates. By that time, I made my first enemies... but that didn't bother me... soon i had more enemies then friends, who attacked and killed me. I had to defend myself due to my naturally hot Cossack temper, and that was the reason for my next punishment – ban for team killing.

A magical axe that i got from a friend of mine – made me a berserker. I used to charge walls in my shining armor – jumping in a crowd and shredding everything in my path. All this action and fast movements made my PC lag, so i had to play ”blindly”. Often, my team-mates ended up under my weapon's magical blade, and since i did not see their banners – i did not apologize for my team kills.
Already after 10 minutes of playing, I had 5/5 team-wounding reports, and was kicked from the game. 
One has to be an exceptionally strong person, in order to restrain from reporting my vile actions on forum. Finally, there was someone who had enough of my team killing -  Outcast_BD_Baby_Wolf. Strangely enough, i don't want to find and kill him, I want to thank him for waking me up, and making me regret my actions.

I apologize for my actions and promise, that it will never happen again. I will change my nick-name, so I can erase my wicked past as soon as possible.....
I hope and beg for forgiveness.....

Sincerely yours, Alv.

* This sentence is too corny for me, and i refuse to translate it. Sorry. :(
  Thank you for translating!)

* its like a first sex in your life - you are scared and you dont know what should you do in further)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:29:02 am by VR__Alv »
(click to show/hide)

Offline VR__Alv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 09:34:18 am »
+1
A picture is being drawn here,  of an immature,  hot tempered little fella that gets too involved into this game...
Yeah its too hard to admit that you are addicted of this game(
(click to show/hide)

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 07:27:23 am »
+4
First of all: I am russian and i do understand what he meant there.

Now judging on his essay and everything i know about him i see a typical arrogant person who thinks noone can punish him.
Alv was banned for 8 times before and he has lots of friends who was banned before which means he is pretty common with rules and the ways to avoid them.
There are 3 types of players:
1. Player who just got banned writes an honest essay where he explains what he was doing wrong and why he wont do it again, he understands that cheating is no good and never cheats again.
2. Player writes funny/poetic/exotic essay to entertain comunity. He does understand that cheating is wrong but he never cares much, although he proaly wont cheat again cause he experienced the power of ban.
3. Player tries to write funny/poetic/exotic essay to entertain community while not caring about his actions being wrong. He is already thinking of another way to cheat and another way to avoid ban.

I believe Alv is nr.3
Also i think that cheaters are like Dusturil - let them be free for 4 times, get the things done on 5th.

im done.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:03 pm »
I vote no to the unban request.  Yes it's harsh to be permanently banned, but I have no pity when someone is banned 8 times from a game.  Maybe there are times where someone gets banned for a questionable reason, or is having a bad day and get's banned.  That's somewhat understandable. 

But being banned 8 times isn't a mistake, it represents a habit and general lack of remorse.  That means there were 8 times that Alv was banned, sat on it for a bit, had a chance to contemplate his actions.. and then proceeded to do something else to get himself banned afterwards. 

The majority of players in this game never get banned and never have to worry about things like this.  The mature thing to do would be to follow the rules which helps ensure everyone can play for fun.  Even if someone is immature and gets themselves banned one or maybe two times, hopefully those breaks can be a sobering experience signifying it's time to shape up.

...but 8 times?  Multiple counts of team wounding, leeching?  That shows you either don't care or are too stupid to learn.  It shows that you value your entertainment at the expense of other people, and would probably do so in the future too.  If you haven't learned that teamkilling is going to get you into trouble after the first, second, and third bans, why should we believe a 4th one is going to stick?

I personally think essay bans should rarely be approved for this very reason.   If you're that focused on coming back to cRPG nobody is stopping you from buying a new cd key... just be prepared to be banned in the future for the same behavior you've exhibited in the past.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Didreot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »
Has he already been unbanned?

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »
i dont think he ever will be. Most of players want him out.
Augment your reality, the easy way!