Author Topic: Teeth's maps  (Read 7329 times)

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Teeth's maps
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »
Also, gates are bugged after round restarts. Seems like warband really cannot handle more than 1 gate right now =/
Make it one for now, we might get more gates later.

Edit: Also, people can jump on top of the higher walls at the gatehouse.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:13:06 pm by Fips »

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »
New siege map

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2014, 02:01:22 pm »
Updated Tzar Castle

I placed the gate lever far away from the actual gate in an attempt to create two focus points which the defenders have to balance. Some people complained that it didn't make sense realistically and it was too easy to attack anyway, so placed the gate lever next to the gate now. Changed the back route to be more difficult for attackers as well, hopefully this will force people to explore the secret third route that is available but was never required to win. Move attacker spawns a little closer to compensate for the harder chokes and hopefully fixed the one attacker spawning in the water.

(click to show/hide)

Updated Isle of Cray

Created a longer spawn delay for defenders, it is now 12 seconds instead of 8. I designed to be as much fighting in as little time as possible, in which I succeeded, but killing the same enemy 4 times in one minute while trying to take a flag got a little old. Hopefully it will be less of a slugfest now, but still have frantic continous fighting. Made the Barracks point easier to attack by removing the rocks at the side approach, and replacing them with easier to traverse stairs. Also moved defender spawns further away from Barracks, together with the 4 seconds extra spawn time, this should make the spot much easier to attack.

Created a barricate at the end of the road towards the upper city to hopefully create a bit of a choke there and perhaps force people to actually fight over whatever I called that flag in the square keep building. Moved some spawns here and there for spots that were already easy to attack and need some love now that defenders spawn slower. The flag area got elevated a lot so it becomes a spot that is much harder to access. Currently the flag would be such an endless clusterfuck in which no side was ever able to completely clear it. Now if one side firmly grabs a hold of the top, they can prevent people from coming up. Also fixed the doors that were openable by attackers.

(click to show/hide)

Please provide feedback on both these maps, but especially Isle of Cray, because it is incredibly hard to balance so that every flag is a challenge, while also making every flag takeable within 30 minutes. I fully intend to keep optimizing balance.