Author Topic: koldborn's tips to safe trading in the Marketplace, newcomer friendly!  (Read 8835 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Hello fellow player!  :D

So you got some extra gold, you retired and are tired of the heirloomed item, or you're feeling lucky starting a great career in the Marketplace business.

Congratulations!!!

Now, hold on your horses, you adrenaline rush youngling, and take a brief time to ponder something important beforehand: this is the internet.  :?

You just wasted hours and hours of your real life time playing this video-game and I'm sure you don't want to lose all that precious time and effort in the dark world the internet is.

I see I have your full attention now...

Well then, since it's not rocket science and to most of us, common sense, I'll give you a few tips that you should always follow while playing in the market, within specific situations, in order to avoid being scammed, 'cause unfortunately, it's something that happens with some recurrence.

----------------------
Scenario - Buying Heirloom Points:
----------------------

This is a common situation nowadays, with all the stalemate within the market wares, and average high generations, players tend to prefer paying a bit more and heirloom their specific items 'till +3, without having to waste time and resources with trades.

Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about (for now).

If your intention is to get a normal item turned into a generation +1, nothing bad can come out of it. The seller will know which item to heirloom, and puts it directly on the market for the agreed value. yay!

But if you want your +1 or +2 generation item to be heirloomed, that's when those scammers can and will try to hit you hard.

First of all you should always check the date of account registration/number of posts of the seller in the forum information. A recently created account with 1 post only kinda explains itself of what to expect.

In this specific scenario, you'll want to ask for either:

i) a safe guard item of the same generation / value;

ii) a monetary quantity equivalent to the final value of the item after heirlooming;

iii) any other combination of a heirloomed item + currency that is actually viable for your interests.

Note: This can be ignored when dealing with known players by the community or whom are vouched for. This is a small community, making things easier.

After asking there's always one of the following feedbacks from the seller:

a) "hmm well if you really need it... i can trade my ITEM X for your ITEM Y, etc etc etc.(...)";

b) "but I don't have moeny or itamz for trade, i'm gen 1 (...)";

c) "sorry i don't have items for trade or gold yet, but don't worry, not like i'm gonna scam you or anything...";

d) "so i take your item, loom it and put it to trade for the value we talked. Agreed? It's a deal!".

As a person gifted with intelligence and common sense you are (or so I hope), you will only accept the option a) and everything goes smooth (or should at least).

There is NO excuse to fall into such pesky lines of words as the other 3 options or any other tempting sweet little lie, that can't be trusted at all, with no safe guard as a counter-measure.

Nothing can be taken for granted!

You remembered these little tips, and everything went fine! Once again, Congratulations!!! You are now officially ready to take head on the brutal ruthless world the marketplace is, and proud as a young lion after it's first kill! >:3

If misfortune is your middle name, and you got scammed, don't worry nothing is lost, you can contact one of the next cRPG team members to deal with the situation: Paul/Urist, okiN, Meow or Shik.

As Meow said regarding one specific scam occurrence:
Do not do this kind of trades with completely untrustworthy people.

No way we can guaranty returns of your stuff all the time...

So, why not playing safe?

Notes:

This is just an happy and hopefully helpful way of teaching newcomers the reality about scamming, and as such I'd like to see this pinned on the marketplace section.

Everyone is invited to help with more tips regarding avoiding scam situations, so we can build together a good and rich topic regarding it.

Specific thanks for Aljo, regarding the enrichment of this post.

Thanks for your time and best regards,

koldborn.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:44:37 am by karasu »

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
Re: koldborn's tips to safe trading in the Marketplace, newcomer friendly!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:11 am »
yo, nice guide to trading  :)

but would like to add something:

- ALWAYS CHECK DATE OF REGISTRATION OF USER WHO WANT TO SELL LOOM POINT (i think the reason is clear  :lol: )
- you can still usually get stolen loomed items back with admin's help
- if a person is trustworthy (you seen him ingame, high generation, good reputation) i honestly dont think you need to ask for safe-keep item

even if ur gen1 and buying loompoint or something, you need alot of cash and u get that by playing ALOT -> you get to know folks -> you know who to trust

if something else comes to mind, ill post again :p

Good Job !  :D

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:37:53 am »
Thanks for the tips, already adapted them on the OP and credited.

Cheers

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 11:06:51 am »
Not bad, not bad, even tho...i barely have equivalent loom or enuff money to trade, but i believe those like 7-8 guys who bought looms and trusted me did well  :mrgreen:

If everyone is going to read this, i will not sell any more looms to any randoms probably :( Still good effort  :mrgreen:

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »
+1
Not really Cepeshi, I think that most of the player base realizes that a known player, carrier of a known tag, with already loomed items isn't dumb enough to try and pull a scam.
That's why I added this line p.e.:

Note: This can be ignored when dealing with known players by the community or whom are vouched for. This is a small community, making things easier.

Cheers.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:36:12 pm »
Thanks, thanks...people didnt trusthd me for first few trades, but hey, lots of happy customers :D Keep up the awareness rising crusade  :P

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:08:42 am »
Great guide! Well done!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:21:08 am by Mikelon »

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:56:38 am »
Thanks, hope it helps.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 07:34:05 pm »
I will be selling a loom point soon, just want to check something

ii) a monetary quantity equivalent to the final value of the item after heirlooming

Is this right? Wouldn't you first trade the item for the gold value at its current level, then after looming put it up for the original gold traded + the agree cost of looming? Otherwise you might just be paying for an expensive +1 or 2 if the person backs out
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 03:49:14 am »
This was mainly targeted to whom would want to buy a loom point.

Which means p.e.:

1 - You want to sell a loom point.
2 - The buyer want his +2 german greatsword loomed into +3.
3 - You would give (since you have no equivalent item) a monetary quantity equivalent to the final +3 GGS (or close to the market price of it).

Conclusion:

This way the buyer has in his possession the monetary quantity he was "buying", and you in other hand have after looming the item, a +3 item (and obviously the same value).
It's a win-win situation in terms of safeguarding for both players, in case one of them tries to "play funny".

Cheers.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Good point unless your a soloer then you will have to get with either a really rich person whom trusts you to help u with the transaction or join a guild and get some one in there to help you out (if you are worthy*
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4