Author Topic: A Notice to the Independent Laborers of Caladria  (Read 966 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
A Notice to the Independent Laborers of Caladria
« on: December 17, 2011, 12:29:42 am »
The Emperor Braeden Rahl of the Imperium Chalybs et Sanguis Makes the Following Declaration

Free people, peasants and citizens of Caladria, refugees displaced by war and others who have by the troubles and trials of these times been otherwise forced from your homes, we offer to you the condolences of the Imperium.  We know, however, that sorrow is something which you do not lack already, and simply adding ours would do no good.  This land has lords enough who simply acknowledge the problem of your situation and move on with their doings.  The Imperium can and will do more.

We wish to offer citizenship in the Imperium to any who desire it, not as soldiers and conscripts as other would have you, but as those who need and deserve safety and succor.  There is a place for you behind our walls.  We do not ask you to fight for us, we do not demand unreasonable taxes or eternal loyalty.  We simply offer a home, in the village of Shulus, our assistance in trade and our swords against the evils of this world.

If you fear a trap or trickery, I invite you to come, visit our people, trade and live in peace.  You will find our people happy, hardworking, and despite a lack of prosperity in these hard times, well fed.  Citizenship is not required to traverse our land.  Should you decide that Shulus does indeed offer a place you would like to make your home, you need but ask, and land shall be provided.  There is food and drink aplenty at the table of the Imperium.  Drink from the cup, and be at peace.

Emperor Braeden Rahl the Sanguine

TL;dnr / translation for the non-rp inclined
(click to show/hide)
[/s]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:04:24 pm by Braeden »

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
Re: A Notice to the Independent Laborers of Caladria
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:51:00 am »
LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:24:47 am »
LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!

2nd that! Oh. I mean, Huzzah!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:22:14 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:07 am »
So are you only ensuring safety within Shulus? You didn't say that bandits are not allowed in the area  :twisted:

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:02:55 pm »
I ensure all visitors that we will maintain the peace within our villages, and all citizens that they will be afforded protection from attack.  I sadly still lack the strength to cleanse the bandit menace entirely from our lands, and I would recommend that all travelers maintain a well armed part, as like many areas of Caladria we often find ourselves beset by brigands of all sorts.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:04:36 pm by Braeden »