Author Topic: IPY 2.0 Ultima Online Revisited  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: IPY 2.0 Ultima Online Revisited
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:14:12 pm »
How sandboxy is ultima online tbh? Can someone compare it to for example Haven&Hearth?

Much appreciated!

Offline Mizuk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK
  • Game nicks: GK_Mizuk
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »
UO is god of sandbox and pvp

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 07:40:12 pm »
How sandboxy is ultima online tbh? Can someone compare it to for example Haven&Hearth?

Much appreciated!

UO was the first really big MMORPG, first played it over 10 years ago, it's completely open world and you have absolutely no 'classes' as such.

On the 'era accurate' free run servers ( servers based on what the game was like usually 8+ years ago ) the skill cap will be 700 points, that means at end game you can have 7 skills at 100 skill ( 7 x Grandmaster, 7xGM abbreviated ). You can have any combination of skills, but there are of course some combinations that would be completely useless and there are of course an amount of combinations that are the most effective.

It's a huge sandbox, you don't run from A to B then from B to C doing quests, you do whatever you like to earn gold and train your skills. It does take some time to learn if you're new to it and you'll have to spend some time reading guides and getting tips from other people, this shard IPY 2.0 also seems to be an extremely slow skill gain shard as similiar to how it was over 10 years ago, meaning it will be tough and it will take some time for both you and your character to stand a chance in PvP.

It's also very unforgiving, which is why UO is still IMO the best form of an MMORPG ever made, you can pretty much be murdered anywhere outside of town and everything you are wearing and have in your backpack can be looted ( apart from blessed or newbied items, which aren't alot really ), this adds alot of dimensions to the game, including getting pissed off when you aren't careful and lose stuff lol. But it works the other way around too, once you do get into the PvP you'll be glad you can take your enemies equipment, potions, reagents etc. Then cut their corpse up and take their head.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 05:37:31 pm »
It's scary how much this game looks like Runescape Classic.

Runescape was a ultima online clone that gradually changed into a kiddy game. Even I know this and runescape was my first mmo ;)

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Holy_Diver
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 03:32:00 am »
well first time i played the uo  was 2000 and the game is difrent you can trow your wastes arraund.some1s  waste other guys need.when i join the game i found "ringmail tunic" on the ground i remember i didnt sleep that night.when you out side of the citty and if u are new your nightmare is players with red name.players killers. it doesnt metter what ever i see in red i always run into the town.but its the game get spoiled after each expantion.ea must be working hard 4 that.now i saw UO2 and its like wow.i want my uo back man

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

its not a picture its the game !
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:35:40 am by burakx »

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:49 am »
if you have trouble connecting use this page...

http://inporylem.com/codex/index.php?title=Installation

This will help you through everything.

You need to use razor to connect.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 09:37:35 pm »
if you have trouble connecting use this page...

http://inporylem.com/codex/index.php?title=Installation

This will help you through everything.

You need to use razor to connect.

You just won't give up on this topic will ya? ^^

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 10:58:04 am »
Ok I'll give it a go when I have the time. Simply because I haven't yet tried this cult classic and it's probably a sin in some mmorpg bible.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 01:50:39 pm »
Yeah I think my Moonsquad is about to win the King election for Moonglow.  (go goons)

Which the whole king thing is a new feature they added in... along with the detective feature which is pretty funny as well.   You use Forensic Evaluation to find clues leading to a murderer or thief.  Once you have enough evidence the game spawns some guards and they automatically run to the wrong doer and jail them for X amount of time.  :lol:

Also to combat red pvpers... they initiated Paladins which are pretty much like police.  If they kill a red player they either have to pay to be brought back to life or lose stats.  If they pay the moeny goes back to all the people they have killed.  So being red and someone that PK's everyone has some risk but as always a lot of reward.

Over 2000 people online over the weekend.  Shard is hopping!  Fun to play since Strategus is still down.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:56:23 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 02:17:35 pm »
Oh crap someone made a video tutorial.  This is what you need if you are playing for the first time!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1D0787D2693392E9

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 04:20:46 pm »
Wierd, the UO client here http://inporylem.com/codex/index.php?title=Installation seems to be corrupted, can't unpack fully. Or maybe im doing something wrong. Anyone got an alternate dl?

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Holy_Diver

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 10:45:06 am »
Ah so I finally managed to connect to IPY and play some and am fairly confused, and the IPY wiki is quite lacking. Anyone have any links to UO classic begginer/noob guides so I won't be confused so much?

Ty

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 12:56:22 pm »
Oh crap someone made a video tutorial.  This is what you need if you are playing for the first time!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1D0787D2693392E9

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:43 pm »
you need UO automap to get around.

http://www.uoam.net

Ummm also in order to get in your bank you type "bank".  In order to sell you type Vendor Sell.  In order to buy you type Vendor Buy.  Say Guards if someone is stealing or attacking you in town.  If you single left click on some of the npcs they also give you commands.  You want to use Razor pretty much for everything as far as setting skills up and down and hot keys. 

You can only have 225 base stats with a max of 100 which are STR, DEX, and INT.  100 STR is a must since that gives you HP.  DEX if you wanna be melee, INT if you wanna be a caster.
To raise STR:  Macro Armslore on a weapon, Get a herding stick and macro herding at the farm, attack shit with a weapon.
To raise DEX:  Double click someone elses bag to Snoop them,  Macro hiding, play a musical instrument to raise musicmanship which is a barding skil checkl for peacemaking(stuns mobs), provocation(makes mobs attack eachother) and discordance(pretty much useless).  All these raise dex though.
To raise INT:  Macro Spirit Speak, macro Evaluate Intelligence on someone, use magery to kill stuff.

You can have 700 skill points with a max of 100 in a single skill.  Click your skills tab in Razor to see what skills you have.  Keep in mind the "Base" is your actual amount of skill.  One character can not do "everything" well.  So it is common to have a character devoted to a tradeskill or two and one devoted to pvp.  You are allowed three accounts per IP and you are allowed to multibox.  5 character per account BTW.

Also turn off the annoying music unless you installed the old school music pack located here.  http://inporylem.com/forum/showthread.php?4174-Official-IPY-Music-Restoration-Project-%28UO-s-real-soundtrack%29

Love the old music it really takes me back.

If you have any questions I will answer them here.  I just hang out in moonglow afk fishing all day for the most part since I work so often.