Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 19392 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2011, 02:09:02 am »
+1
stop bitching gomer
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:27 am »
+2
Maps on Siege are even worse.

YEAH gotta hate those siege maps. With the castles, and the walls...its like, defense get such a big advantage being able to hang out on those towers. I mean, I LIKE attack, but hit hard.

Injustice.

/sarcasm

Your supposed to be killed in droves by rain of arrows in siege, that's why attackers get instant respaws while defenders have a coffee break each time they down.

I dont see archers complaining too much about the facts that: If they want to kill with arrows they sacrifice accuracy through PD, the new armour weights mean they MORE innacurate, they can either have ammo or a decent sidearm, they sacrifice ammo for PD, if they not aware they get raped by SILENT footed guys in plate armour who must have Sneak skill at 100 to be so quiet, cav that doesnt always make a noise before they are couch lanced, throwes who can one hit them while dodging.

WHY dont they complain too much? Answer: realistic perspective: EVERY other class rapes them in melee, they rape UNAWARE guys. Just that. Players who arent dodging, hiding, shielding, spamming mouse to banish hitboxes, too far away, behind teammates. Even then, with 6PD and a Rus/Longbow, 1 shot in 5 that you aim well at an unaware player just goes AWOL off at a tangent, arrows clip on buildings/poles/trees/walls/rocks where swords go right thru, sometimes the arrow just hits warpspeed and vanishes (Although this is still present, it has been much improved).

Im very sorry to who my opinion offends, but I still see 95% of players complaints about archers as the whine of players who just dont like getting shot cause they built 15/24 with all WPF in 2hander so they can be the epic hero their ego believes them to be. Guess what guys: best warrior from myth and legend is Achilles, and he died to arrow spam, just like Boromir.

Now go reroll with a shield and 7 athletics: have fun hunting archers in their dozens, I know I am.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2011, 02:23:27 am »
YEAH gotta hate those siege maps. With the castles, and the walls...its like, defense get such a big advantage being able to hang out on those towers. I mean, I LIKE attack, but hit hard.

Injustice.

/sarcasm

Your supposed to be killed in droves by rain of arrows in siege, that's why attackers get instant respaws while defenders have a coffee break each time they down.

I dont see archers complaining too much about the facts that: If they want to kill with arrows they sacrifice accuracy through PD, the new armour weights mean they MORE innacurate, they can either have ammo or a decent sidearm, they sacrifice ammo for PD, if they not aware they get raped by SILENT footed guys in plate armour who must have Sneak skill at 100 to be so quiet, cav that doesnt always make a noise before they are couch lanced, throwes who can one hit them while dodging.

WHY dont they complain too much? Answer: realistic perspective: EVERY other class rapes them in melee, they rape UNAWARE guys. Just that. Players who arent dodging, hiding, shielding, spamming mouse to banish hitboxes, too far away, behind teammates. Even then, with 6PD and a Rus/Longbow, 1 shot in 5 that you aim well at an unaware player just goes AWOL off at a tangent, arrows clip on buildings/poles/trees/walls/rocks where swords go right thru, sometimes the arrow just hits warpspeed and vanishes (Although this is still present, it has been much improved).

Im very sorry to who my opinion offends, but I still see 95% of players complaints about archers as the whine of players who just dont like getting shot cause they built 15/24 with all WPF in 2hander so they can be the epic hero their ego believes them to be. Guess what guys: best warrior from myth and legend is Achilles, and he died to arrow spam, just like Boromir.

Now go reroll with a shield and 7 athletics: have fun hunting archers in their dozens, I know I am.

This +100

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:23 am »
+3
You can write such a whine post about the bad life of almost any class.

Fact is, that playing an archer has some undeniable advantages, completely independat from certain item values. That's why ranged fighting prevailed over melee in history. It's those reasons that make archery be always more attractive than melee, considering the relation of effort and success. This won't change until you nerf archery down so much that it becomes almost unplayable, which is not what I want.

In my eyes an archer is not OP. The problem is, that a bunch of archers can protect each other, so that their comined strength doesn't get added, it's multiplied. That's why we have those problems on the servers. Ranged spam is not deadly because it is incrediby accurate or damagin, it's because it's spam! There is too much of it!

I think a point is reached where there is absolutely no sense in nerfing archers more (and I still say it's bundle of sticksry to choose ranged fighting in a game that has the focus on melee. It's like playing Hitman with the M60 light machine gun or snneaking around in Serious Sam: retarded. But everyone is free to do as he likes.

(Btw I created a "skip the fun"-archer this evening and connected to the server for a few minutes, just for testing. It's a totally retarded build with 10 PD, longbow and bodkins, I need half an hour to draw the bow, and I never really played an archer before, except of perhaps two hours a few weeks before the upkeep patch came. My character has a 4/4 - K/D - ratio now, of which I once killed the Nr. 6 and the Nr. 2 of the enemy team. Do not tell me ever again archery needs any special skills, it's easy mode fighting with LMB. I would like to see an archer play a melee character the first time and kill the Nr. 6 and Nr. 2 of the enemy team at an overall K/D of 1:1...)

The point is that as you can't make archers less attractive any more without crippling them totally, you need to make the other classes more attractive, especially infantry. I made a few suggestions, but I know the devs don't care anyway. But I hope they see that balancing the values of bows and arrows is not the solution.

P.S.: Archers are gay.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:15:37 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2011, 07:05:36 am »
Wow this is a post for a bunch of whiney bitches. Don't like the game? Don't play. I don't need to hear your shit. Arcvhers are fine it takes 3-4 arrows with 8pd for me to kill a medium armored guy so it's fair. There's tons of us... There's tons of melee! Don't remove ladders make them unbreakable in battle only breakable in sige. Shut your shit up about turn and shoot. It's luck if we kill you. It's a valid tactic. When 4 guys chase us around the map those 4 guys are out of the fight and therefor it's tactically applicable. SHUT UR SHIT UP STOP BITCHING

Btw Auto Balance is fine. The other day I was on a team of 20vs40 the 20 team won because auto balance is cool :P You hate auto balance when you lose and love it when you win. Shut your bitching up. chadz doesn't listen to bitching so if you have a valid complaint make one and stop your crying.
Nevermind dude, just nevermind.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2011, 07:49:05 am »
Nevermind dude, just nevermind.
Dude... I read this post and it made me angry. Yes this game needs improvements. Melee fighters complain about archers ans Cav because they get killed by them. Nerf us till we do no dmg right? Please shut up we got nerfed enough. LEAVE Britney ALONE

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2011, 07:51:34 am »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2011, 08:26:20 am »
+3
Arcvhers are fine it takes 3-4 arrows with 8pd for me to kill a medium armored guy so it's fair.

(click to show/hide)

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2011, 08:57:29 am »
+1
Btw Auto Balance is fine.

many many times i fought in 15vs25-30 and sometimes winning just to see the red text "you don't get a bonus multiplicator. Team1-14500 Team2-234356736345345635767

i even saw a 8vs25. elite players in team1, peasants and average jam in team2. team1 obviously won with the 8 players doing a race bout the score. so no...

autobalance "should" mix high teamvalue players with low teamvalue players.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2011, 09:12:41 am »
Wow this is a post for a bunch of whiney bitches. Don't like the game? Don't play. I don't need to hear your shit. Arcvhers are fine it takes 3-4 arrows with 8pd for me to kill a medium armored guy so it's fair.

So i did a test right now on EU 1

i was going for an archer called Blackbow_the_Pimp trying to dodge the arrows but not really basically running at him.

im wearing lordly milanese plate and lordly plate mittens with 21 STR 100% HP and 4 IF.

He had Rus Bow and Bodkins.

I was dead in exactly 3 arrows, no headshots, all 3 bodyshots.

You tell me if that is "balanced" or "viable"

cheers

ure full of shit brah  :wink:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2011, 10:33:51 am »
+1
Arcvhers are fine it takes 3-4 arrows with 8pd for me to kill a medium armored guy so it's fair.

SHUT UR SHIT UP STOP BITCHING

:lol: :lol:

3-4 arrows with pd8 on say a 45 armor "guy"?

with this maybe...

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2011, 12:25:48 pm »
c'mon guys don't be harsh with the archer lobbying services! and get a shield! (euh, no in fact it's useless, but...)

Btw, it's funny that you never see good archer posting in such thread....

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:43 pm »
(click to show/hide)

many many times i fought in 15vs25-30 and sometimes winning just to see the red text "you don't get a bonus multiplicator. Team1-14500 Team2-234356736345345635767

i even saw a 8vs25. elite players in team1, peasants and average jam in team2. team1 obviously won with the 8 players doing a race bout the score. so no...

Well, that or if Autobalance has set the teams, and less than 5% of that teams "value" according to the autobalancer leaves/quits/dc's during the round, there SHOULD be a multi for it, since the balancer worked the teams out as fair, then claimed them not to be fair...
I don't know enough

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »
Get a shield.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2011, 02:34:56 pm »

It is because ur awesome.