Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
19 (48.7%)
No
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: [NA] Sootnik_Diomedes  (Read 6912 times)

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:16 am »
Thirded.  This guy told me to shut up after I complained he was doing nothing about me being intentionally tk'd and teamwounded.  He stated there wasn't enough evidence, however, I've posted the same evidence available to him in the chat logs and had the people banned by someone who actually gives a shit.

Strip him of his powers and ban him for being incompetent.

Pic of him telling me to shut up:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:07:35 am by MyBallsYourChin »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
You're ignoring the context of my comment.  You were spamming chat, both admin and general, and being a real pain in the ass.  You reported a player to me for teamwounding/tk-ing and I warned them.  You then went after me aggressively for not being aggressive enough.  I responded that having not seen the incident myself I couldn't just ban them outright.  I made it clear that if it happened again I would take more significant action besides warning the alleged rule-breaker.

I could have gone spectator and watched the offending player.  I could have gone spectator and watched you for a few rounds.  I could have responded to every comment you made - including the many insulting and unduly rude comments made in both general and admin chat.  I didn't.  Why?  Because I was one person looking after 110 players on a large map after taking three months away from cRPG.  I wanted to play the game, make sure folks had an okay time, and hang out with people I haven't hung out with in a while.  Instead I got lambasted in green text and insulted as 'the worst admin' by players who had never encountered me before.  I didn't see repeated offences and so made sure not to punish players unduly.  This is my policy, whether or not it's an acceptable standard I'm no longer sure.

If Shik, or anyone else with the powers, decides to take away my admin powers then I'm happy to let go of them.  I came back to have fun and instead got shit.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »
Silly people, why you spam green text?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 12:29:09 am »
Silly people, why you spam green text?

You weren't there.  Please don't opine on things you know nothing about.

Sootnik:

No, I wasn't spamming.  And as can be seen from HeroZero's ban being lifted for supposedly "spamming", your judgement in that area is lacking, to say the least.
I was, however, complaining.  You are an admin, a special responsibility reserved for just a few of us.  I'm terribly sorry that you wanted to play, and couldn't take but a few minutes out of your very busy day to go spectator and watch the fucking gong show that was taking place around you.

I'm sure your lackadaisical approach to administrating the servers rules were acceptable at one point in time, but as you said, when 110 people are online, a more aggressive posture is indeed required.  I had every right to complain about you and I stand by my opinion (and apparently others as well) that you are a bad admin. 

Banning people on a whim simply because you don't like them criticizing your actions is hardly what I would call acceptable.  Further, telling people to shut up when they want you to actually do your job is nearly as bad.  Grow up.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 12:46:32 am »
You weren't there.  Please don't opine on things you know nothing about.

Really? Last time I checked, me, Saifa and a whole bunch of Fallen were actually there that night. I even participated in the chat-spam of rage lulzy rage. Dio was even using a Fallen banner and acting as my bodyguard for the whole time.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:03:15 am »
Banning people on a whim simply because you don't like them criticizing your actions is hardly what I would call acceptable.  Further, telling people to shut up when they want you to actually do your job is nearly as bad.  Grow up.

I told you to shut up because you were being unduly vehement - at that particular point - and were contributing nothing but grief to the scenario.  Had another TK occurred I would likely have acted in but, since it didn't, I didn't.   Also, as I've already made clear, I banned Hero for spamming chat, repeatedly ignoring admin requests, and to hammer home the message that he ought to cool down and take his grievances to the forum.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 01:06:20 am »
seriously what is wrong with you guy?

« admin harsh with me (not at all because I insult them) they say bad word in pink text nad ban/kick/warn me! it's ab00ze and therefore I gonna make this baddie out so i can enjoy better game!»

NO I don't have all the context , BUT I do have some experience in this game and when I look at your pic all I see is an admin TRYING to control a mob of player. screaming on admin IG will only get you BANNED or KICKED. the good way to do it is:

pressing the ''i'' button and assuming the admin may not see it, repeating the same message at medium interval, keeping good tone of voice(writing) and TAKING DAMN SCREENSHOT to report this on forum if admin don't do a thing,  is a good way to get e-justice.
an even better way:
taking SCREENSHOT and say to the admin IG: i'll make a threat about X and Y on forum with screen shot, please take a look when dead.

asking for removal of admin power will only lead you to less na admin we already loose one because of that (I understand more now Tears... they are crazy)

also some random quote:

No one is/should forced to do anything. It's a free mod, you're not getting paid. Play and do it where you feel comfortable.
This.

Quote from: cmpxchg8b
Quote from: Dalhi on December 24, 2011, 05:07:27
Good luck with your applications guys, just remember that being an admin is a job.

Not sure where this misconception has originated from (it was mentioned several times in this thread alone), but it couldn't be more wrong.
What we want is a guy who plays the game, cares about the game and can spare some of his time to improve it for others. What we do not want is someone who sees it as a job, because it's not a job, you don't get paid for it, and if we expected someone to spectate for hours just watching people for no other reason than sense of community, we'd be naive idiots. We already had that once, and you all know how it ended.

Grow up.

seeing your name I don't think you can tell that to other.

I'm sure your lackadaisical approach to administrating the servers rules were acceptable at one point in time, but as you said, when 110 people are online, a more aggressive posture is indeed required.  I had every right to complain about you and I stand by my opinion (and apparently others as well) that you are a bad admin. 

basically what cmp said, you have the right to think one admin is bad, what you people seem to forget is that admin are free worker, therefore in right of NOT USING their power all the time. The only think they cannot do is AB00ZE their power.

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 01:24:35 am »
It should be worth noting that "I" chat is used to report incidents to admin, if you want to spew anything else use these forums or normal chat, otherwise spamming green text makes it extremely difficult for Admins to see real problems.

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 01:46:11 am »
Not that he would have responded to those real problems.  He wanted to hang out with his buddies, remember?

Cockon, or whatever you name is, using my name as an example of "maturity" is pretty weak and is the standard go to when trying to bring down my arguments.  Try harder.

Your cmp quote works both ways.  The position is volunteer.  If they volunteered for this position, then they should know the responsibility that comes with it.  A volunteer nurse doesn't one day decide to neglect her duties because she isn't being paid.  Your argument is as faulty as your grasp of the English language.

Sootnik:

"Hey OJ, we didn't see you kill those people, despite there being evidence that points towards it.  We're going to keep an eye on you and if you murder those people again we'll punish you."

Excuse me for being vehement about you doing your job. 

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 03:03:51 am »
OJ thing

That analogy doesn't capture the scenario.  If a TK occurs, and somebody says to me "Hey, that guy Mr. X killed me on purpose!" then it would be wrong for me to censure Mr. X on that evidence alone.  Not only do I have no corroborating evidence, like witnesses, screenshots, or a known personal history of offense, but it gives the accused no benefit of the doubt.  That's why I said I'd take action if it happened again, and I likely would've taken action if any more reports had come in similar to yours.  None did, so I didn't do anything besides warn.

And you seem to miss the point about vehemence here.  It really has no place in chat, towards other players or admin.  If you get pissy at somebody for accidentally hurting you your anger isn't going to do anything to resolve the situation.  And if you get pissy with an admin/me I'm no more likely to take you seriously than if you'd submitted your initial request and moved on.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 03:39:00 am »
Not that he would have responded to those real problems.  He wanted to hang out with his buddies, remember?

Cockon, or whatever you name is, using my name as an example of "maturity" is pretty weak and is the standard go to when trying to bring down my arguments.  Try harder.

Your cmp quote works both ways.  The position is volunteer.  If they volunteered for this position, then they should know the responsibility that comes with it.  A volunteer nurse doesn't one day decide to neglect her duties because she isn't being paid.  Your argument is as faulty as your grasp of the English language.

Sootnik:

"Hey OJ, we didn't see you kill those people, despite there being evidence that points towards it.  We're going to keep an eye on you and if you murder those people again we'll punish you."

Excuse me for being vehement about you doing your job.

I'll try harder:
comparing admin to nurse, teamkill to murder, and volunteer to job is a sign that you take the game maybe a bit too seriously.

cockon (maturity :wink:)... wow... google translator? Cochon, spelled co/shon French for pig. (yeah I know that in English coch have the sound of cock but that was an easy joke about maturity  :wink:)

yep using your name was weak indeed, but it was a funny fact  :D

yep my English is bad, but should I put it in French so you would understand better?

I have nothing personal against you Balls, you have the right to complain about admin if you feel the need to. The only thing i found astonishing is the conception of admin some of you got. It's normal that an human don't see everything, you have bunch of tool to help admin including report of teamwound, screenshot and ''i'' chat. If you want something to be done against griefer, just ask an admin, if he don't act, go in forum and pop a ban topic and, if you want, a little private message to admin so he can explain.

for sure all this comment is useless but I love to write: it's a practice for my bad English.
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 03:49:54 am »
Your argument is based upon the fact that I take this game too seriously.  None of which presents any holes in my logic.  Analogy stands and you're still out of your league, cockon.

I'm bringing my grief to the forums, the appropriate place to do so.  Again, I have NO idea why you're posting in this thread, aside from practicing your English, where I'm sure there are other mediums to do so where you won't be taking up space with irrelevant bullshit.

Sootnik, the evidence I presented to Dark Karma was available to you and was enough for the players in question to be banned.  You have no argument.
Your opinion on what chat is and isn't for is your opinion, which is clearly the wrong opinion because as I've stated before, HeroZero's ban was lifted after it was reviewed that your action was far more severe than it needed to be.  You were tired of hearing people complain about your inaction and you acted rashly. 

Perhaps in the future you should be the one who needs to take a break from the action and come in with a cool head and do the tasks you signed up to do.  I've said what I have to say; I'm done with this thread.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:53:01 am by MyBallsYourChin »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 04:11:07 am »
You were tired of hearing people complain about your inaction and you acted rashly. 

You told me the player teamkilled/teamwounded - I didn't see anything else.  If it was on the forum already then it was my bad for not seeing it, but as I've already made clear I haven't been to this forum in months and generally leave the forum review to those more familiar with the active griefers.

Karma's opinion on the matter is his own, especially since I haven't yet talked to him about this, and it's an understood fact that some admins will reverse decisions if they feel they should.  If he feels I acted rashly then that's his opinion of my decision.  My opinion is that I didn't. 

EDIT: Upon discussing it somewhat with the admins I realize I acted harshly when giving a 12 hour ban.  Six hours would probably have done the same job in half the time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:18:24 am by Diomedes »

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:13 pm »
As an admin you've already shown an inexcusable amount of bias already. The logs were reviewed and you were deemed to be incorrect. I think that should be the first thing that is mentioned.

You were wrong.

This was the point that I was concentrating on during my "spamming" I was just trying to eek out some form of justification for your actions beyond "If you have a problem submit it on the forums."

This is it, and you've been tarred and feathered to the point where your adminship should be on review. You are a bad admin, and if you continue to act in such a biased way I think you should be removed from the staff.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 10:30:50 pm »
It sounds like the only problem was it being twelve hours not six. :|