Author Topic: Oops I STF'd my main  (Read 1800 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Oops I STF'd my main
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:15:37 am »
Could some one please set my main DL_ArysOakheart to level one? I accidentally skipped the fun with him and am muy :(

Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Oops I STF'd my main
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 02:40:35 am »
the 101 guide to get support from the cRPG team:
step I) do not contact the following people directly:
a) chadz
b) cmp
why? because you need a hell of a lot of luck to hit the good minutes. It's not because I think I'm something better or I don't want to talk to you. I simply don't have the capacity to do it. Cmp, on the other hand, is just blatantly evil and a misanthrope, as far as I know. Either way, believe me, it's way faster if you go the right route of
step II) contact anyone else of the dev team,
because they will separate your story from bullcrap to "hey this guy could really need some help". and this helps me a lot. which means i can spend more time helping people (and eventually coding, too) and less time talking to people. sounds harsh, but it's true.
step III) chances are, the dev-member or admin you talked to forwarded it to me. chances are, I promised i'll do it - and forgot. So it can help, from time to time (do not read: all the time), to poke your contact every now and then, ask him about progress.
step IV) do NOT even bother asking us to do stuff that is somehow gameplay changing. like "hey can you respec me". "hey can you switch my heirloom" stuff like that. Features are for everyone, or no one. If a feature doesn't exist, suggest it to be added. do NOT ask someone to just change stuff for yourself.
and last but not least: be friendly. we like talking to people who like talking to us. which means a friendly atmosphere. we don't like talking to people who don't like friendly talk either. Which means that friendly guys move forward in the todo list, not so friendly guys don't. Who would have thought.

as someone said, trying to be a bully helps when your McChicken has a brown leaf of salad in it, it won't get you far in this place though. Just human, sorry, can't help it.

Bunnies.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:24:03 am »

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:41:45 am »
plagiarism
I don't think it's plagiarism if he gives credit to the author..

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:58:14 am »
I don't think it's plagiarism if he gives credit to the author..

he didn't specify that it was chadz, he only left it there for you to find

i need proper formatting

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:23:49 am »
he didn't specify that it was chadz, he only left it there for you to find

i need proper formatting

Here is the original.

Heh, that made me laugh. Not because I think it's silly, but because I would have said the same two years ago, as a member of a community. Fact is, things change. I actually would have way more to say on that matter, but I guess it's better not to, so I'll just do this:

the 101 guide to get support from the cRPG team:
step I) do not contact the following people directly:
a) chadz
b) cmp
why? because you need a hell of a lot of luck to hit the good minutes. It's not because I think I'm something better or I don't want to talk to you. I simply don't have the capacity to do it. Cmp, on the other hand, is just blatantly evil and a misanthrope, as far as I know. Either way, believe me, it's way faster if you go the right route of
step II) contact anyone else of the dev team,
because they will separate your story from bullcrap to "hey this guy could really need some help". and this helps me a lot. which means i can spend more time helping people (and eventually coding, too) and less time talking to people. sounds harsh, but it's true.
step III) chances are, the dev-member or admin you talked to forwarded it to me. chances are, I promised i'll do it - and forgot. So it can help, from time to time (do not read: all the time), to poke your contact every now and then, ask him about progress.
step IV) (not this case) do NOT even bother asking us to do stuff that is somehow gameplay changing. like "hey can you respec me". "hey can you switch my heirloom" stuff like that. Features are for everyone, or no one. If a feature doesn't exist, suggest it to be added. do NOT ask someone to just change stuff for yourself.
and last but not least: be friendly. we like talking to people who like talking to us. which means a friendly atmosphere. we don't like talking to people who don't like friendly talk either. Which means that friendly guys move forward in the todo list, not so friendly guys don't. Who would have thought.

as someone said, trying to be a bully helps when your McChicken has a brown leaf of salad in it, it won't get you far in this place though. Just human, sorry, can't help it.

(click to show/hide)

Note the spoiler  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29:11 am »
Delete and restard.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:13 am »
Forgive me ToD, but I am still near the "beginner" phase and thought that "Beginner's Help and guides" meant that beginners should perhaps go here for help. So I plead for your help good sir.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:21 am »
Which generation was you main?
Or let's say, if you haven't had retired yet, just delete him and make a new one.
määääääääääh!

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:20:49 am »
Honestly, I would be very appreciative if there was a way to make it so I don't have to lose a months playing time. Thank you again.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:27:26 am by ArysOakheart »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 09:44:59 am »
Honestly, I would be very appreciative if there was a way to make it so I don't have to lose a months playing time. Thank you again.

go to google, put up search for "crpg irc", click the wiki link, click the Webchat irc, type in ur nick, click join, then type something like: Hello cmp and chadz, or any other competent person, i have accidentally STFed my main, i am somewhat new to this, made a mistake and would appreciate if someone could fix this for me and help me not to lose months of playing, (and i guess here would be the time to paste link to forums to this thread)

or sumtin like dat

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 03:43:51 pm »
go to google, put up search for "crpg irc", click the wiki link, click the Webchat irc, type in ur nick, click join, then...

OR....

Look to the top right of this webpage and click on the http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=mount%26blade-crpg

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 04:02:01 pm »
OR....

Look to the top right of this webpage and click on the http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=mount%26blade-crpg

and that is going to help him how when next time he tries to look for something non crpg related?  :mrgreen:

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »
Thank you very much sir's, I will try to contact some one through IRC.