Author Topic: Who made the map rotation? (EU1)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Who made the map rotation? (EU1)
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 07:34:19 am »
are the plains maps gonna be as spread out as they're now though or are we actually gonna get an increase of plains maps, the arguement of plains maps favouring cavalry is silly, pretty much all i've seen in the new rotation are maps that favour ranged over any other class...

ALL maps favor ranged  :rolleyes:

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 10:26:20 am »
hmm, where exactly did i say that all maps favour ranged... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:31:47 am by Lizard_man »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:05 am »
hmm, where exactly did i say that all maps favour ranged... :rolleyes:

You didn't. Cepeshi did.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:37 am »
i may have misunderstood, regardless, i was gonna give up the fight, but no, i'm going to keep pushing the issue, give us more random plains...

i'm not even sure if i've even seen a random plains map since the new rotation, they have all been random hills map, anyone actually seen a random plains since the new map rotation, or is it just that i seem to be around when it's a random hills map...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:41:13 pm by Lizard_man »

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:06 am »
My opinion?

Most Medieval battles were fought on a BATTLEFIELD. 

An attack of a town or village or castle, is a SIEGE.

I'm sick of trying to avoid the asshattery of Siege, logging into Battle, and bieng forced to fight a siege map, in battle mode.

The f-ing treehouse map is a freekin joke, if I wanted that kinda crap, i'd go play disney's version of Robin hood.

I'm sick of climbing hills with grades that no two armies would ever really meet on,  because both would be exhausted before they even got to the silly unrealistic location.

This is the only game out there , that has potential as a semi-simulation of high medieval battle, and then the concept is ruined by sloppy unrealistic maps, with clueless administration as to what makes Warband/crpg a 'unique' experience.

Get it together, give us some maps that actually make me feel like i'm in a medieval battle, not a quake server with medieval skins and 12 year-olds sh*t maps.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 01:36:03 pm »
I agree with you Vingnir, for most parts. Medieval BATTLES were indeed fought on battlefields, which somewhat resembles the plains maps we sometimes play. But cRPG and warband is not about medieval battles with two opposing armies, but small skirmishes between smaller bands of players. You can't play the realism card on something that's not there to begin with. 

Get it together, give us some maps that actually make me feel like i'm in a medieval battle, not a quake server with medieval skins and 12 year-olds sh*t maps.

There is no one in charge of map making (for map implementing we have Punisher)for cRPG, it's all community based. Stop acting like a spoiled child and learn to map yourself if you truly feel the maps are that bad. The editor is easy to learn, and not especially time consuming.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:22:11 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:15 pm »
+1
well i actually had a small chat with Punisher, and i now know the reason why there are so little of these maps, as these maps are generated at completely random, it could either be flat, or hilly, someone needs to create some actual plains maps for the rotation, i've never made a map before but i'm gonna have a mess around after the weekend, so hopefully if we can get some decent custom made plains maps, Punisher may add them to the rotation, fingers crossed... :P

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 06:40:10 pm »
Random steppes would surely be flat though? Not random plains, steppe should be flat.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2011, 12:30:42 am »
Stop acting like a spoiled child and learn to map yourself if you truly feel the maps are that bad. The editor is easy to learn, and not especially time consuming.

My clan is making quality maps and playing on unfinished/very mediocre, and non-realistic maps on the official and only populated servers in CRPG. I dunno, its all subjective, I dunno how many other people feel as I do, but i'm not here to play 'Quake medieval'.  BTW Mr Jacko, i know how easy it is to make Warband maps, which is all the more reason mediocre ones shouldnt make it into the rotation.

As for your childish comment wtf? What are you like ten years old? go F-yourself. -think i'm childish? This is the first time I've ever talked to you, I've never said anything to you, or said anything else to anyone else disrepectful here, unless the term 's**t maps' hurt your wittle feewings.

Is it to much to ask not to be a douche? Can we not have an differing opinion without this kind of antagonizing childish bs on your own part?

Ok, so now that I've addressed that, back on topic.

THE TRUTH, is that both on EA and NA, we have crappy/mediocre map rotations. - and no, thats not a slight towards map makers, lets be honest here, some of these maps are just unfinished, and inappropriate. And I assume, its due to lack of care, or a lack of perception, in the case of the map admins.

I write it up to not that many people WANT to be an administrator, and those that do, probably arent the best people for the job. I do appreciate however, the effort, of those who put themselves in that position, and people like Loki that work to keep things at the very least running on the NA side.

That however has nothing to do with the quality of map rotations.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:47:34 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2011, 02:46:14 am »
If you think cRPG has anything to do with a "realistic" medieval experience, you're shit out of luck. Should probably look into realism mods, or making your own, cause afaik realism is pretty far down on the list of things the devs give a shit about, prob right above the nerd raging opinions of players who contribute basically nothing.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2011, 03:45:25 am »
Yeah, i know, but its just kinda sad.

I dont blame the Devs really - I honestly think they'd like a more 'simulator' experience...

Its the player base, and admining in real time that make things less than what they could be. -And truthfully, I dont wanna be that harsh on the admins - because I think its a pretty thankless altruistic thing they do.

But the thing is, the guys that dont care about the simulator experience? They'll be here today, and gone tommorrow, when the next 1 of 10,0000 fighting games comes out. The players that actually appreciate the non-magic non-BS Medieval feeling of the game, are gonna be the ones playing this, when all the leet boys move onto the next big thing. -Atleast thats my take.

btw, my apologies for the ragey reply above, but, I dont take kindly to internet personal rudeness, If its not something your going to say to someone sitting on the couch across from you, I dont know why one would say it, other than feeling like you can be jerky because of distance.

Ya you CAN be jerky, but all that does is make you a jerk. If you wanna be a jerk, well i'll never understand that high, but to each their own.

Jacko, after taking the low-road, i'm going to take the high road, and lets just say maybe I shouldnt have said 's***t maps, and lets just leave it there. I dont really know you so, lets start over, and agree that maybe we could all be a little nicer to one another. For the sake of stopping random drama, lets just agree to disagree?

and for the record, yeah, I have a pattern of firing back very heavily on people that go to a 'personal' level on Interwebz forums, and often take the blame, apparently because i'm not passive aggresive enough and too direct in my agressiveness, and passive aggresiveness seems to be a 'model attitude' on web forums. to me it just makes one a passive  aggresive douche that needs someone with balls to put em in their place - I guess I'm just unusual - I will never understand this, but whatever.

Sorry for creating off topic drama.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:49:26 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2011, 08:39:18 pm »
I see lots of talking but no maps. You have awesome realistic maps and want to see them on the official EU servers? Use the dedicated topics in Scene Editing for submissions. All I got so far from your clan's quality maps was 1 siege map (Stonehammer), which despite it's nice looks is horribly unbalanced.

As Jacko pointed out, maps are made by the community. If you feel you can do a better job by all means go ahead, I will review any submitted map and add it if it's good enough.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2011, 09:18:36 pm »
I have no grudge with you Vingnir, despite my perhaps harsh tone. Your post sounded childish and demanding. If I misunderstood then I apologize. I do, however agree with you, we need more maps, both in quality and quantity, and we need more map makers. If you want to get a sympathetic response to your post then don't start off with name calling and insulting the general populous.

On a totally different note: I would have said the same to you IRL, it is more about jerk preventing then being a jerk.
Monkeys!