Poll

Rating

1 (worst
5 (best)

Author Topic: An essay for my eses (Kolee's Unban Essay)  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Aspect

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
An essay for my eses (Kolee's Unban Essay)
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »
An essay for my eses
By TS_Drznik_Kolee

I have been lucky enough to be a part of the cRPG community since January of this year. I owe it to Aspect, my other half, to have exposed me to Mount and Blade. I have never played an online game prior to meeting him. Although I have played other games, boredom usually sets in just after a few days. But for me, cRPG is different than all those other games. In all honesty, it's not solely the evolving gameplay that has got me coming back time and time again. Rather, it's the fact that I have developed friendships with such a wide array of players.

As silly as it sounds, there are many good memories I have on cRPG. I remember meeting my first friend, Lord Lurk, in the wee hours of the night as he attempted to teach me how to manual block. And soon after, joining the Literally clan in a multitude of team kills and building ridiculously tall sky-ladders. Then being trampled and killed by Geon's runaway horse or being killed by WarHound's poleaxe from a mile away.  Eventually joining Eastern Tsardom, teaming up with Sagittarius and Volpe to scheme against Sylauris's deadly throwing lances. And nowadays, shooting and hiding with my crossbow buddy, Scab. It's been a long journey and although I could have done without cRPG, I wouldn't have wanted to permanently leave.

As previously stated in my unban request thread, I sincerely apologize for exploiting the Defend the Virgin glitch to gain experience and gold. However, I must say that I only have one regret and that is recruiting WarHound, Lord Lurk and Borealis to do the same. Although I do care about playing cRPG, I care more about these three guys being able to play it (as they are all superior players and would contribute more to the cRPG community than I ever could). I would have felt extremely guilty if any of them had gotten permanently banned for an act that I instigated.

Now that I can breath easily after these shenanigans, I must say that it was probably one of the best times I've ever had on cRPG. Although I do not plan on gaining illegitimate amounts of experience and gold in the future, I do plan on saying: "Hey, do you remember when we farmed XP/Gold in DTV and almost got perma banned? That shit was hilarious!"

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: An essay for my eses (Kolee's Unban Essay)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:12:36 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

His holiness the space pope approves of this message.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:30:24 am »

Voted 3 due to not enough personal remorse. Else unban the guy and his friends unless they're known to sploit or w/e.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 12:48:06 am »
(click to show/hide)
What movie is that? Would like to see it.

also 3 for the same reason.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:00:31 am »
What movie is that? Would like to see it.

also 3 for the same reason.

Looks like Always Sunny to me. But I could be wrong.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:30:58 am »
Too short, gave it a 3.

I'd give her another chance, even though part of me is saying "LET THE WITCH BURN!".

Just kidding... :rolleyes:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:18 am »

Voted 3 due to not enough personal remorse. Else unban the guy and his friends unless they're known to sploit or w/e.

Because being remorseful in most perma ban cases is fucking bullshit.

People getting perma banned usually know full well what they're doing and playing the "Oh, I'm remorseful of what I've done" card is stupid because they're most likely not, in which case I would very much prefer for them to just be honest.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:25 am »
Oh come one, it isnt like she was hacking to make herself unbeatable, she just found a loophole in an ovbviously very buggy defend the virgin map.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:33:41 am »
Because being remorseful in most perma ban cases is fucking bullshit.

People getting perma banned usually know full well what they're doing and playing the "Oh, I'm remorseful of what I've done" card is stupid because they're most likely not, in which case I would very much prefer for them to just be honest.

To be honest, guessing the true process of another mind from a  text message on a forum....isnt even worth talking about. But, read your OWN words and try THINKING:

If you had been banned from a game you liked to play, would you not be sorry? Sorry is the word we use to say that we feel regret and remorse and that wish we had acted differently. Someone who truly did not regret their actions would no longer want to play crpg, seeing as they dont regret being banned: This player seemingly DOES want to play again, and he also regrets leading his friends to temptation, else why would he waste his time here if he doesnt want to play anymore?

Maybe in the same situation you WOULDN'T feel any remorse or regret, but guess what, Im not going to insult you by guessing at your mental state after reading some text on the internet, the way you have: most ppl who are separated from something they enjoy can say with ALL HONESTY: Shit, I didnt want this, and now I regret it, and feel remorse and a bit of self loathing for being thoughtless and denying myself this thing I enjoy
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Aspect

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 05:43:13 am »
Here's the truth of the matter, in all 100% honesty on my part.

Look, if you haven't read my unban request, go read it. Perhaps you'll know my humor and what I said the first go around. Would the admins like to read the same plea I had the first time? Probably not. Secondly, I do feel bad for the XP/Gold gain and then on top of that, convincing my good cRPG friends to do the same. I would feel MORE remorse if I got perma banned and if my friends got permabanned for it. But thanks to Espu and the other admins who deliberated on the punishments, we didn't.

Now, I'm not going to type some complete bullshit, brown-nosing essay because a few of you don't feel like I feel bad enough. The fact is that TKing the shit out of my friends, round after round, was fun as hell. And I'm not going to deny that it wasn't fun.

Just to reiterate, the act of TKing my friends was fun, NOT necessarily farming XP/gold.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 07:28:15 am »
+1
The essay is somewhat lacking,
but I am glad it's not another "im sory so sry wont do it again promise" type of essay.

1st and 2nd paragraph are about the positive connection to cRPG community. (Nice start, but off topic for too long)

3rd paragraph compressed the reason why permaban was given and the guilt into one chunk of confusing statement. (There's no explanation on how the exploitation was done or when were you banned, besides, you clearly stated that the only thing you regret is making your friends suffer, what about the acts you've done to get yourself into the mess in the first place?)

The conclusion is a bit suggestive (In my opinion) that you might do the same thing again if you ever pull this off, but then, who knows?

Overall,
I'm not in favor of banning any community members unless it is the last resort. Hopefully, if you're ever unbanned, you will not do the same thing again and keep the community free of such degrading acts.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:06 pm »
Is Kolee/Aspect unbanned?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 09:11:54 pm »
The places you turn up on these forums amazes me, you are like a forum spelunker 8-) She has not been back in our teamspeak since she was banned, I think she is embarassed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »
The places you turn up on these forums amazes me, you are like a forum spelunker 8-) She has not been back in our teamspeak since she was banned, I think she is embarassed.

:(
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 02:56:22 am »

It's summer, she's just busy.