Author Topic: [NA] Unban Request for Miley u_u  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[NA] Unban Request for Miley u_u
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:07 am »
It was December 11, 2010 when I was banned from the NA servers.

My family was in Indianapolis for that weekend. Allers and I joined the NA Siege Server when there were about two people in there. Eventually they left, and we continued to play. The server started to fill up, and probably an hour or two passed and Mortymor_ATS came in. He immediately came in and said, "I'm running a tight leash today," or, "I'm in a bad mood," but it was something like that.

We continued to play (for like two minutes maybe?), and Mortymor was like, "Miley tell Allers to stop opening the gate for the enemy." So I said, "Mortymor, why don't you tell him to stop opening the door, you have a keyboard. I'm not your slave, you have a keyboard, so why don't you tell him? You always ignore me when I ask you questions, so why should I answer you?"

He like ignored the comment or whatever, and then he called himself a homo. Allers said true, and he added a smiley face, I think. I said true, too, but I was just kidding. Mortymor then banned Allers from the siege server and began to insult me. Mortymor was saying that if we were on the same team or opposite team, that'd he'd own me and kill me, or something like that. He also called me garbage, and he also had a few other comments.

The next map came, and it was the wooden castle in like a clearing in the forest. I was on the offensive side, and Mortymor was on the defensive side. I came up the siege tower, turned left, and Mortymor was climbing up the stairs. I saw him, and he shot me with a crossbow bolt. Mortymor then went behind a pole, reloaded his crossbow, and was aiming at me through the pole he was hiding behind, but a little piece of his arm was sticking out. I shot that little piece of arm with my crossbow, killed him, and then I foolishly called him a piece of trash. I was IMMEDIATELY banned from the siege server, so I went to the 80 NA server.

After a couple of hours playing in the 80 server, I was kicked from the server, or I disconnected, I'm not sure. I tried coming back, and it said I was banned. Allers continued to play, because he wasn't banned. We went out to dinner at some place, and when we came back, Allers, too, was banned.

I just think that I shouldn't have been banned. And I also wasn't told what I was banned for. Mortymor and I had a few problems when he was Mortimor, and not ATS, but Ecko, I thought, resolved the issues when he came in. Even MIMDRAZ, who hates me, says I did nothing wrong.

It's a new year, and I promise not to do anything ban worthy again if you'll just give me another chance... Most people like me, I think, and I also help other people with problems they’re having, such as game problems and questions. Ask around, and someone will tell you that I’ve helped them -_- The only times I get angry are at the over powered archers, but even then, I don't do anything that other people don't.

If you look at the chat logs from the Siege Server from December 11, 2010 (around 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. central time), I promise you none of what I said is a lie.

Thanks you :c

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
Re: [NA] Unban Request for Miley u_u
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:50 am »
Admin Abuse much? Power travel up his stem into his brain?

And this is why, Bans should have 2 admins vote on it. Unless of course its an obvious - tk monster kill.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 01:41:06 am »
was wondering what happened to you n allers lol, i assumed you got banned but didn't know, i always hear u try and do better, then some slip up and your gone... i haven't had any admin abused or seen it so i find it hard to believe that but ATS and alot of people dont think you deserve a chance , though i was kicked for camping in a shed on one map twice but w/e the admin left after the next map :)
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 01:47:25 am »
I can't say for certain what happened at that specific time, because I wasn't there, but I know for a fact that the admin in question is somewhat "up-tight", for a lack of a better word, and I've seen it affect his judgement in a bad way before.

Also, Tetris is right, bans really do need to be looked into by more admins, I mean, personal matters should not interfere with the administration of the servers. It is only right that the occurred should be looked by someone who doesn't know any of the parties, for a impartial decision based on facts, unbiased, right?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 01:51:03 am »
The chat logs will prove everything, Tankmen.
Are you still mad at me for killing your clanmate when you guys were dueling? -_-

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 02:00:13 am »
Mortymer is the one that needs to address this however I just want to say:
Bans on one NA server are in effect for all NA servers.

We set them up that way, they share the same ban_list.txt file.  So part of your story sounds fishy.  As for the rest, wasn't there and Morty can answer for himself on this matter.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:03:03 am »
Gorath, I didn't know that could be done either. You can ask Shigeru. He was in the 80 server at that time.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:16:17 am »
To hell with it... i say give him a second chance... it is a new year he is correct and if he slips up.. you can always ban him again. we gave swifty a second chance.. why cant we give miley one?
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 02:31:42 am »
Getting banned because of the pissy mood of an admin is not, atleast to me, a viable reason to perma ban someone.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 02:36:33 am »
You deserve a second chance This is just admin abuse
If Miley does break rules,2 or more admins should discuss before placing a perma ban as Tetris said

PLEASE UNBAN  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:50 am »
I agree on the admin abuse, One admin should have the power to staight up ban you i think it should be a voted thing. One thing i'd like to add, I witnessed Mortymor_ATS Harasing Miley on the NA 80 man Miley was trying to enforce rules to the server and before Mortymor became ATS he told Miley to fuck off, So in responce to that Miley said that he didnt have admin so he better stfu. I dont remember it all that well, maybe Mimdraz does. It was Awhile back, but i vagley remember anything. I am just in suppourt of miley being un-banned :)

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 02:59:08 am »
I think that Miley deserves to be unbanned. Miley is a great player to play with, and clearly just wants this to be done with. I think Miley should be given another chance. See this Aldryk? He's weeping!

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 03:02:06 am »
lawl Miley, did Hannah lend you some money to pay all those people?

I remember that every stupid kick/ ban poll passed, because everyone except me (and maybe five more people) pressed 1 when Allers and/ or Miley were vote kicked/ banned.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 03:04:47 am »
Dunno who you are ^.^

Everyone knows that's not the case anymore, and that was like, what, MONTHSSSSS ago?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 03:06:07 am »
I can unban Miley in the spirit of the new year, however:

Voting for a ban would mean that none ever happen as admins need to be able to take action immediately and there's not always multiple admins on at the same time on the same server.

If there is indeed some case of "admin abuse" then printscreen it and send it to either Garg, Ecko or I so we can deal with it.  The term "abuse" gets tossed around without any real meaning behind it so often and has just become a phrase to say "an admin banned me because I broke _____ rule and it's not faaaaaaaaaair!".
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?