Author Topic: Calculator bows damage for archers  (Read 5952 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Calculator bows damage for archers
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:23 am »
Very nice. The armor showing is also a good help.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Urukghash

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Waaagh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Urughash
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:36 am »
Very cool, I love the armor value slider that displays the actual armor that matches the value.

If you can and want to, you could make it a jQuery module like the stuff my calc uses. I could then give you contributor access to the calculator repository so you could update it there. It would then make it it's way to the production calculator site. Unless you prefer having your own calculator of course.
Why not? I do not mind. But I've never worked with the repositories, I have to learn how to do it.  :oops:

Great job :)
I think it will be very helpfull for new players.

I can suggest one more thing:
Can you add option "dmg in rainy weather"?

it would be great if you make that
:)
Thank you.
And the truth is an interesting idea, though at the moment I do not know the formula. How do I know it, I'll try to implement it.

Although not really necessary, but I think I do have some suggestions. There is headshot or chestshot, but no footshot. It would be tremendous if you add them as well.
I try to do it, but later.

Also, I see there is a box that enables us to use calculator pack mathematics. What is calculator pack? When I use it, it increases damage somewhat but I couldn't understand why?
This is just another way of calculating damages.  :wink:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »
I did not get what use it has :?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:18 pm »
I did not get what use it has :?

It helps you get an idea of how much damage you are going to deal with your build to what types of enemy.  In particular just the easy min/max # of hits against different armor and hp values is huge.

Perhaps most importantly, it helps clean up all the bullshit about archery by putting some rough numbers into the equation.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
It helps you get an idea of how much damage you are going to deal with your build to what types of enemy.  In particular just the easy min/max # of hits against different armor and hp values is huge.

Perhaps most importantly, it helps clean up all the bullshit about archery by putting some rough numbers into the equation.
Oh no no I did not mean the whole calculator. I actually find the calculator very very very useful.
The only thing I did not get is, what use that "Calculator Pack mathematics" have? Urukghash said it is an another way of calculating the damage, but I did not get why we need two ways to calculate the damage.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57:46 pm »
My understanding is that "calculator pack damage" references to my calc and the formulas it uses. Urukghash has a better way but optionally allows the other way too.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 08:23:58 am »
My understanding is that "calculator pack damage" references to my calc and the formulas it uses. Urukghash has a better way but optionally allows the other way too.
Oh ok. That is something nice.

Offline Urukghash

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Waaagh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Urughash
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 08:49:16 am »
Now you can also differentiate amongst your target's headarmor.  :wink:

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:44 am »
You can make this calculator twice as good with possibility to choose loomed armors\helmets. All infantry will use your calculator to min\maxing best antiranged gear.

Если добавишь возможность выбирать лумленое снаряжение для цели - сделаешь доброе дело и для пехоты тоже.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:36:55 am by Cup1d »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 09:48:27 am »
You can make this calculator twice as good with possibility to choose loomed armors\helmets. All infantry will use your calculator to min\maxing best antiranged gear.
This is too much work, and not needed in my opinion. You can just increase the armor bars by 3 and see how it will work.