Author Topic: [EU]Blackbow FEEDBACK THREAD  (Read 66071 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Re: [EU]Blackbow FEEDBACK THREAD
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 07:49:36 pm »
+1
oh noe. what have i done!

(click to show/hide)
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

You opened the Pandora's box !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:37:08 pm by matt2507 »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »

(click to show/hide)

thx honey

You opened the Pandora's box !

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »
+1
pimp best pomp 2k16
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »
+1
Hating already before anything happened?
Naw this is just a joke thread lol, to be truthful, blackbow may dislike me but I don't dislike him, I've had many conversations with him under different alias' and we've gotten along fine, he doesn't like Krems and our fucking around, I understand it perfectly :p

Also, his hatred of pretty much every Krem is well known lol, if you didn't know that you should have spent more time in game with him and a few more of the Krems players that messed around a lot, the flames were burning way beyond hot. It's quite reasonable to assume that he'd be beginning a crusade on us lol, either way, I'm sure he'll do fine, regardless of whether the bias appears or not.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:47:46 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 10:43:54 pm »
+2
well you should say thx to fin because he's the one who pushed me to aplly as admin.
i agree fin was changing the maps and that's cool but sadly he was also removing everyday the polls... so when we had a crazy guy teamkilling his team on everyround we were not able to kick/ban his ass...

why he removed polls ? because people was abusing of polls like if it was a toy... instead of asking people to stop abusing polls and spend a bit of time to fix the trouble between players he prefered remove polls and keep playing in peace...
i can understand that after a long day of work sometimes u just want to play and dont start to make the police...

and just to refresh your memories here is the crpg rules :
Code: [Select]
These rules apply to official servers:
- EU_cRPG_x (1,2,3,4,5,6,8)
- NA_cRPG_x (1,2,3,6)

"first rule of em all: common sense"
        ~ chadz

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

Behavior rules

No offensive behavior anywhere
        Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.
    No offensive character names. If in doubt about a name, pick another one.

General rules

No exploiting of any kind
        NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
        NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
        NOT OK: Leaving and rejoining to server to spawn more than once in a round
    No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round (teamkilling friends after a round ends is allowed, teamkilling random people is not)
        NOT OK: killing the Viscount to change map
    No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
    No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
        OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo
    No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing, spamming...)
    No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
        OK: poll-kicking a leecher
        OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle
    No leeching
        OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
        NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
        NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game.
        NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
    Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
        OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
        NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
        NOT OK: using a siege shield to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
        NOT OK: camping unreachable places
        NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
        NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
        NOT OK: ladderpulting
    No siege equipment spam
        OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
        OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
        OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
        NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement
    If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.

Duel mode specific rules

All types of duels are allowed (ranged, mounted, shield, heavy armor...) if both duelists agree
    No following or face-hugging the other duelist before the duel countdown has ran out - either hold your starting position or back-pedal if you want some distance between you and your opponent
    No running away or going into unreachable places

Siege mode specific rules

No opening the gates as defender
    No stopping on ladders and blocking your team-mates on purpose

Breaking a rule may net you a warning, mute, kick or ban at admin discretion depending on severity of rule broken and player history (yes, repeated offenders are treated more harshly). In minor offences you usually get a written warning first, in more severe cases you might get kicked or even banned immediately.

If you ever get kicked, consider that a serious warning - you are obviously doing something wrong. If you are unsure what it is, re-read these rules and/or ask the admin in question what the kick was for in a civilized manner. If you're a hot-headed type, perhaps take a few minutes to cool off before going back to shout at the admin. Same goes for all interaction with the admins, act properly and you will most likely be received better.

Voted bans last for 1 hour. These cannot be lifted by admins and are automatically removed after the time is passed.

Admin bans can be either temporary (1 hour) or "permanent". Permanent does not mean permanent in most cases, usually it's a day or two. If you are in a rush or think you have been unjustly banned, post in EU or NA unban sections (read the first post and follow the rules). Again, civilized behavior might do you some good, raging/lying just prolongs the duration of the punishment.

Admins are human too, so mistakes can happen. We are terribly sorry for not being perfect and are working on replacing all players and admins with computers for optimal performance.

Dw blackbow, I know you'll do fine as an Admin, in a more serious state I've administrated and been a lot more strict (Obviously elsewhere, not on C-RPG, but in M&B nevertheless) this is just a joke thread anyways, but so far you're doing fine in my books, who knows, maybe you don't want to ban as many Krems as you possibly can, but either way you becoming an admin is good for the server mainly because of the fact that we actually have polls now lol.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
+5
Consistency?
Why do admins insist on 'hands-off' admining and a 'just ignore them' mentality when it comes to some server rules ('No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing, spamming...') but rigidly enforce other server rules such as double spawning and poll 'abuse' and ban players when the impact is equal or lesser to that of griefers in chat?

we would have to ban almost everyone if we wanted to create an environment free of insults and spam, and the collateral damage would be huge. due to free speech, these things are somewhat tolerable as long as people don't excessively antagonize each other. we react with a warning if somebody messages us through the admin chat or PM because another player is overdoing insults/spam. but we can't start muting half the population because it's hard to draw the line between zealous chatting and spam or rage in the heat of the fight and malicious insults. expect us to do nothing against spam and insults when nobody lets us know they are offended or annoyed

in my understanding, griefing does not involve the chat, but subtle, hard-to-detect actions that undermine the progress of the team. for example standing behind a twohanded or polearm player who wants to kill bots in DTV: his weapon will glance off the griefer behind him, the bots get a free hit and the shieldwall collapses. or opening the back door as a defender on siege would be a form of griefing. what is griefing about in your understanding?

according to the cRPG rules, there is zero tolerance against racism. this is consistent with their enforcement. context matters, however. saying the N word on NA might be enough to get a ban. in EU, people may not care as much because racism against blacks is not as common as in the US. on the other hand, quoting lines of fascist songs in the NA chat may not cause much trouble because nobody understands the reference, but on EU, you may get banned immediately.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 01:06:41 pm »
+5
Blacky as admin
Panos for events

what a time to be alive  :mrgreen:

nah, srsly, if they´re doing a good job, why not. Gratz, black-B !

Offline matt2507

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 02:15:59 pm »
+2

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »
+1
Being stricter with ingame griefing doesn't need to be a ban, admins can mute players who do this whilst still allowing them to play. Like any punishment, this can be used to discourage that behaviour without being stupidly heavy-handed like a ban would be.

valid point. i make sure to warn people not to abuse polls, for example.

the evidence is not always clear, however, as you point out yourself. sometimes, a reason for a poll may be stated in the dead's chat while i am alive. i have no way to find out without asking and relying on what others tell me. that sucks because friends of the offender have an incentive to lie. further, i'm still playing at the same time so there may not be time to ask because it would mean letting my team down. finding a reasonable balance between being a player and an admin is a challenge every admin must face.

sometimes i have very limited information and using my intuition is my only option in decision making. while intuition can be great at speeding up complex problem solving tasks with the exact same outcome as a gruesome lengthy analysis, it can--at least in a few cases--also lead to a decision that's terribly wrong. in unclear situations, many admins stick to the benefit of the doubt rationale, but obviously, that can be just as wrong.

that's where admins must reflect upon their mistakes. at times, an excuse is in order, and in any case, we must make sure not to repeat our mistakes. players on the other hand must realize that being admin is a learning process as well and give us a chance. if both admins and players refrain from being anal about everything that happens to them, we have a solid foundation for everyone to have fun without making anyone worse off.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 11:45:20 am »
Since you're one of the biggest bundle of stickss as a player, you're not that pathetic as an admin i must say. Good thing.

I'm here to say that your effort for denying us from building shit on eu1 is just hopeless. You're just wasting your hours for nothing. We don't get mad when you do that, we're Krems dude, we don't care, we never did and we never will. Staying on spawn with us for hours is just TOPKEK. Another Krems hater slowly evolving into a Krems, keep it up.

(click to show/hide)
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 01:55:06 pm »
+1
No he was riding them as a chick in the uppercut pose, while being dressed in sarazen clothing, spamming hello and thank you kind sir (getting teamkilled all the time - and KICKING the offender)

:D

Now thats something i totally approve of.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline matt2507

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »
+1
Nubs, It's infiltration  :rolleyes:

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 03:06:28 pm »
Nubs, It's infiltration  :rolleyes:

LIES

(click to show/hide)
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
+1