Author Topic: cRPG Clan League  (Read 22370 times)

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
Re: cRPG Clan League
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »
Not playing the matches is your own fault, really.

Well, that i do understand. Still we have a reason to be unhappy. At least i am.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2013, 11:14:05 pm »
Well, that i do understand. Still we have a reason to be unhappy. At least i am.

Then please blame your captains and not the league. The dates were clear from the beginning and it was already postponed 2 weeks.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2013, 11:16:05 pm »
Actually playing your matches is more important than winning those few you did play. Who said you haven't been picky with your rosters or who you would fight, you can't seriously expect to be ranked 2nd when lacking 5 matches. Not playing the matches is your own fault, really.

I don't want to go on about it, just saying if we were picking who to fight that would work against us, because you get points just for playing. If we lost all 5 of the last games we would have the same points as current 2nd/3nd places (39), but win third place on round difference I believe. Anyway..

Idzo sums it up more elegantly than me though so i'll quote him:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Since we have life. We couldn't play all matches.
Maybe we would if we knew that league ends last night.

We played matches against all teams except Templars, Mercs and one map vs Imperiale.
We won all matches except Byzantium (we lost both maps) and we had one draw with HRE.
Anyhow, I'm quite satisfied with demonstrated team play and similar stuff. But no doubt we can do much better, but still we can be proud.

Thank you guys for your time.
It's my blame that we didn't took 2nd place, but I really have lots of job and sometimes cRPG is last thing on my mind.
Sorry for that but it is what it is.

We(I) learned our (my) lesson.

Also I want to congrats Byzantium on 1st place. They proved (once more) thing that everyone else already knows.

Cheers.  :wink:

Don't want to come across like its sour grapes, I personally don't care about the gold, just kind of a shame to end it like that
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:38:54 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:55 pm »
Actually playing your matches is more important than winning those few you did play. Who said you haven't been picky with your rosters or who you would fight, you can't seriously expect to be ranked 2nd when lacking 5 matches. Not playing the matches is your own fault, really.

We are aware of that. Ty.

but if we played templars or imperiale we would have more than enough points to be 2nd.

I don't want to say anything against league or organization but i think it would be fair you if we had chance to play last battles. that's like 2-3 more weeks since we can't complete roster over week.

And when i say this, i don't mean on gold. we don't need it its not about it.

Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2013, 11:41:24 pm »
just saying if we were picking who to fight that would work against us, because you get points just for playing.
With the current system, yes, which you and Felix deemed unfair.

I am also not saying that you were picking your fights or anything of the kind, don't get me wrong. It's just that the current rules prevent all of that and they do encourage playing matches, which makes them pretty good in my opinion. The cRPG clan scene is a little small, and there isn't much motivation left in a lot of clans. Which probably also has to do with some clans being very large. I really appreciate the effort by the organizers, but honestly I think cRPG is too dead. Organizing the matches proved difficult, with a low of no shows. Byzantium will of course be joining a new one, I am just afraid no one else will.

Mercs, play more matches next time, Guards don't even have 30 players on their roster and even they did more :P

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2013, 11:54:48 pm »
+2
Some simple things can be done to promote clan scenes. The way the forum is organised doesn't help at all, with Events as a subforum. I would put this more visible near GD

The servers, although I appreciate that we have some, are not really up to par for clan play. They aren't running the same versions as what people are used to when they practice (still got polestagger?)

Lack of updates in base cRPG will also result in lack of interest in the main game, and you need fresh blood to fill the boots of jaded vets. The game isn't geared towards helping new players get into the game and stick with it

BTW, I would have 3 points for win, 1 for draw, 0 for lose. That will be more rewarding imo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2013, 10:55:04 am »
When will it start again?

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »
+2
Fairly soon hopefully but with some potential changes aimed at allowing more clans to compete to the best of their ability

http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/eu-clan-league-season-2-discussion/