Author Topic: Turkey coup d'etat  (Read 29325 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Turkey coup d'etat
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:33 am »
It's war, casualties are bound to happen.

Alright, maybe you'd not gun down a street full of civilians but then atleast you should've done the coup early morning 3-4 AM, not a friday evening like I said. The planning was bad overall.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2016, 03:14:29 am »
The fact that Erdogan seems to have a mob of angry jihadi mofos on speed dial who have no problem charging at tanks for him makes the man a little questionable in himself to me. But other than that you are probably right Butan, my opinion might be biased.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2016, 03:15:43 am »
+2
It's war, casualties are bound to happen.

Alright, maybe you'd not gun down a street full of civilians but then atleast you should've done the coup early morning 3-4 AM, not a friday evening like I said. The planning was bad overall.

Yep but in the world we live today, as soon as you shed civilian blood (even knives totting bearded apes*) you lose the support of the international community, and most "democratic" countries need that to survive (I added ""  :P ).
I cant judge how this would have been done at 3-4AM compared to what they did, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not an army general, but I dont think this a good argument. All plans fails to take into account everything, anything can go wrong even with a perfect planning.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2963
  • Infamy: 2158
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2016, 03:22:36 am »
+1
Democracy is a farce and we're learning that on real life examples. I'm for meritocracy btw. We're already owned by corporations, why not run government like one? There is no need for this charade where we pretend that government cares more about its people than corporation does for its employees. Corporations are much more honest and they don't allow idiots to take power.

I'm with Paul, get rid of politicians. Replace them with managers. Bury law and politics, employ harsh rules based on personal ability. Let this world flourish.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2016, 03:27:45 am »
+2
Democracy is a farce and we're learning that on real life examples. I'm for meritocracy btw. We're already owned by corporations, why not run government like one? There is no need for this charade where we pretend that government cares more about its people than corporation does for its employees. Corporations are much more honest and they don't allow idiots to take power.

I wouldn't say it's a farce, but it can very easily turn into one without the right amount of checks in place. As for Turkey I think the west as a whole is guilty of letting alot of their political farces slide because of their strategic location and value as an ally, and that is wrong. Obama shouldn't be openly praising and backing Erdogans democracy when he denounces Assad's... imo

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2090
  • Infamy: 910
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2016, 03:37:18 am »
Assad is Russian ally, Erdogan (was) American. Governments aren't flexible enough to create new bonds, best suited for current moment. Like you were advocating (USA - Russia closer relations). Politicians purposely do sloppy job because it allows them to cheat and amass wealth they do not deserve.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2016, 04:16:23 am »
+1
Democracy is a farce and we're learning that on real life examples.

All kinds of government can be forcibly removed unfortunately.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2016, 10:33:49 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2016, 01:45:49 pm »
+1

guy used facebook to put down the military coup lmao. Can anyone translate this?

He says:

+Don't worry, laws will answer that coup soldiers.

-She asks: Sincerely President; There's a rumor about coup soldiers hold hostage chief of general  staff, you know anything about that situation?

+ I heard all the rumors and news either but we don't know how true they are. You know when these kind of events could be happen, there's always complicated situations and now there's some complicated situations and who made this situations will pay that.

Slava Ukraini!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2016, 02:04:24 pm »
+1
At exactly 1:20 am on the night of the coup, imams all around Turkey started to shout out a salah. The salah is your classical azan which is delivered 5 times a day, only with a little difference in it: This one is reserved for a citizen's death announcement. It is delivered in a different musical mode than the ordinary azan and of course with different Arabic lines. At the end, the imam is expected to read out the deceased's name and announce where his/her funeral service will take place and when exactly. Also, it is typical for it to be heard during daylight, mostly in the mornings. However, this late-night salah was ended with an announcement inviting faithful Muslims to pour into the streets.

So, how exactly a shitton of imams got the idea to crawl into their minarets and start singing in unison all at the same time? I can see some of you saying "Mass SMS, duh!", yet it doesn't sound convincing. It looked like they were waiting for it. By the way, the salahs are now being delivered every now and then. We are hearing the imam like 20 times a day now. Each one is ended with some Muslim-patriotic calling. You just wouldn't believe it. It's like they are threatening us on live broadcast. The subtext reads: "Oh, we fucked you so nice and well. Let that sink in. Except we won't be letting it. We will just rape your ears continuously to remind you that your lives are over, suckers!"

Another little detail: You all know about the tv channel raid. The presenter who read the coup text later stated she was being held at gunpoint and it was horrible. A little video of her has just surfaced. It is reportedly minutes before she started reading. She appears calm, drinks her water and even gives thumbs up to the people behind the camera indicating she is about ready.

Well, of course this video might still be from earlier in the day. I can't be 100% sure about its authenticity. But it is there. Infer what you want with from it. Take it as proof or not. The most important piece of news you guys should know is the entire salah business I described in the first paragraph anyway.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:59 pm »
I dont think that the social media power is to be underestimated Flockula, it has served a lot of times in the recent past to decide the victors.
I really bet on the fact that Erdogan won thanks to communication relayed everywhere which put too many anti-coup civilians in the streets to keep control of the capital and government.

But really its just a bet, my and your opinion are not superior or inferior, I mostly wanted to offer an alternative.
All in all, Erdogan has free reigns to turn Turkey into the most illiberal democracy in the world now. Good luck to all the anti-Erdogan people...

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »
+1
As I said Butan, it matters less than little now. I am merely delivering news for those who would like to get them. As somebody recently wrote on Twitter "If aliens came now and told me to hop aboard, I'd simply go with them without a single question. I am that bored of this shit."

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2016, 03:08:59 pm »
+2
the world took a plunge into a big shithole recently. and its swimming deeper and deeper -.-
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline DaRkSouL12394

• Baron
  • Renown: 128
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • The Banner Maker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom Of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: DaRkSouL_Gjallar, DaRkSouL_2,DarkSouL_3, Soul_Miner
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »
what da hell people? i dont like erdogan either but supporting a fucking military coup? are you all insane? how can you forget what they did to people in previous successful military coupes in Turkey. thats not how the damned democrasy works, you cant ask for military to take over the country when your party doesnt get elected. and whole this coup thing just proved that erdogan is a legimite chosen president. people fucking fought against tanks for him with their bare hands. 160 people died. more than 4000 people injured. its not something you can see everyday. besides, this wasnt a coup, it was a fucking terrorist attack. our own soldiers , jets, helicopters shooting our own people, police, and the fucking parliament building. and there is no doubt that it was all planned not by secularist soldiers, but minions of fetullah gülen, a cleric, an islamic coon and a tool of cia.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:59:39 pm by DaRkSouL12394 »

''Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in fucking ass.''

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »
+4
what da hell people? i dont like erdogan either but supporting a fucking military coup? are you all insane? how can you forget what they did to people in previous successful military coupes in Turkey. thats not how the damned democrasy works, you cant ask for military to take over the country when your party doesnt get elected. and whole this coup thing just proved that erdogan is a legimite chosen president. people fucking fought against tanks for him with their bare hands. 160 people died. more than 4000 people injured. its not something you can see everyday. besides, this wasnt a coup, it was a fucking terrorist attack. our own soldiers , jets, helicopters shooting our own people, police, and the fucking parliament building. and there is no doubt that it was all planned not by secularist soldiers, but minions of fetullah gülen, a cleric, an islamic coon and a tool of cia.
obligatory brainwashed turk post
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.