Author Topic: Another Way of Exploiting. Allowed?  (Read 6188 times)

Offline CarpeDiern

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: CarpeDiem_the_Grey
Re: Another Way of Exploiting. Allowed?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:50 pm »
Read the whole post, please and look carefully at the screenshots. Scoreboard can't be the one of the 2nd round.

So the screenshots shows me jumping from attack to defence?

It's me, or the screenshots are fucked up?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:24:42 pm by CarpeDiern »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
So the screenshots shows me jumping from attack to defence?

Aye. But actually i just wanted to prove how you keep your Multi now. That's why it was not all about the ban, more the discussion of the next exploit.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 09:36:46 pm »
Sorry for hopping in, but just want to get facts straight before i burn that witch. Anyways, if you stay in spec for the whole duration of one round, you do not get any XP, right?

I understand that staying in specs for first round might seem a little weird and such, especially when there is way more elegant way to keep your multi even in bad team, if you are willing to miss out first round XPwise. For instance, when sitting on x5 and needing to lvl up so so much, i just do not spawn on first round, i let the equipment screen on till 6:00, then press done. I do not spawn, i do not lose/gain multi depending on outcome of the match, and i am not in spectator. This is okay?  :)

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »
Sorry for hopping in, but just want to get facts straight before i burn that witch. Anyways, if you stay in spec for the whole duration of one round, you do not get any XP, right?

I understand that staying in specs for first round might seem a little weird and such, especially when there is way more elegant way to keep your multi even in bad team, if you are willing to miss out first round XPwise. For instance, when sitting on x5 and needing to lvl up so so much, i just do not spawn on first round, i let the equipment screen on till 6:00, then press done. I do not spawn, i do not lose/gain multi depending on outcome of the match, and i am not in spectator. This is okay?  :)

If you don't get any xp-tick on the first round you don't lose the multi, yes. But, if you just join spec until the beginning of the 2nd round banner balance does not kick in and you still don't get to play with your clanbuddies. That's why some stay spectator and still keep watching the game very close, because you need to join the second after the flag got captured/defence wins = you keep your multi but banner balance still kicks in = ultimate x5-grinding if you are dominating the server with a lot people from your clan.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Ban (?) CarpeDiem_the_Grey
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »
Common sense means you don't want to lose your multi.

Yeah, i know you would report your mother if she would teamswitch, but it's mainly because you are educated this way. We are not, that's why you don't understand "us", it's deeply rooted into our culture.

I don't want to sound like a racist but what is rooted in your culture?

Common sense or exploiting and doing forbidden things?^^

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »
Ah, now i see, that is indeed a very shady behavior. I will keep an eye out for those aswell, fraps ready :))

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »
Hide yo cheaters, GO, Fips is on the loose again

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »
Ah, now i see, that is indeed a very shady behavior. I will keep an eye out for those aswell, fraps ready :))

Problem is, it's not getting punished for now. Only thing admins can do right now is to kick the spectators. And for that they need to be online. And that's why we need more siege admins, well i mean admins that prefer to play siege.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »

EDIT: If we get to defence in 1st round, we just go spec. Then, when the round ends, the bannerbalance moves us to correct team. The screenshot doesn't show anything wrong, aganist rules I think.

I would like to have a statement of a chief here, cause this exactly is what I would consider as exploiting, bypassing the autobalance or whatever. The game chooses a team for you and you say "no I don't want to cause I might lose" so you resist fighting and go spec again....

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »
Gisbert, look at the first page to get the answer, it's in my second post in this thread.

Bypassing the autobalance is hopping in and out of spec to get into the right team as far as i am aware. Just going spec after one failed attempt isn't the same as you don't bypass autobalance (you are autobalanced once), just opt to not fight in first round. It's also ban-able if i remember right.

Offline bravesquirrel

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -[420]-
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »
I would like to have a statement of a chief here, cause this exactly is what I would consider as exploiting, bypassing the autobalance or whatever. The game chooses a team for you and you say "no I don't want to cause I might lose" so you resist fighting and go spec again....

Or you could learn to read, instead.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 10:35:19 pm »
I know it isn't the same, but as I wrote, getting into a team and then going spec cause you don't like that one is exploiting, too, --> in my opinion <--   that's why I would like to have a statement from a dev/admin on that one. Forbidding to join, spec, join, spec is one thing, but allowing to join and then spec when you don't like the choice is quite ridiculous so we could also allow the rest :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:36:24 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »
Interestingly enough most of these exploiter drama usually contains several GO members, coincidence?

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:32 pm »
Interestingly enough most of these exploiter drama usually contains several GO members, coincidence?

Nah, it's also Teutonics, Druzhina and Strangers.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
+2
If you don't play first round, then join second - at that way you don't get involved in gameplay/bannerbalance/teambalance at any way. Just join second round and play with your friends/clan mates (RandomDude notice that in his post - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,27458.0.html).
This is a game and players should be able to choose with who they wants to play and with who they don't.
I play only siege, and I want to play only with my friends against others - only that way - don't want to play 2 or 3 rounds together then first round in different team.
I also play other multiplayer games and you can choose with who you want to play without any punishment.
Developers should fix first round (for example: no matter what team you choose - banner balance before round starts) and that will be end of bans for abusing banner balance in first round.