Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89278 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #915 on: November 24, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
How can you guys even enjoy this while using VATS? There's a perfectly okay shooter out there.

I agree playing like a FPS is more fun, but eventually it gets boring. And new stupid game mechanics like crit bar only does anything when you use vats. plus if you are playing melee only then going non vats doesn't add to the gameplay.

so if you want to play with mele or luck stat then vats vats vats. otherwise yeah just pew pew.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 24, 2015, 08:23:11 pm »
shadow draw distance, and object fade distance to a lesser extent, are the primary culprits in loss of framerate.

Did you try lowering those and check the Boston issue?

I know it sounds bad to diminish whole game quality for certain cluttered regions to be playable, but I'm pretty sure you can find an enjoyable graphic option sweet-spot for your PC.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #917 on: November 24, 2015, 08:45:17 pm »
+2
Soooo ... I just found a band of Raiders who were speaking Norwegian, even the subtitles were in Norwegian. Edit: oh, and they were all ghouls.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:58:11 pm by IR_Kuoin »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #918 on: November 24, 2015, 09:07:51 pm »
Soooo ... I just found a band of Raiders who were speaking Norwegian, even the subtitles were in Norwegian. Edit: oh, and they were all ghouls.

might have been some polar expedition or something :D  i find pirate robots or transgender robots more fun though
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 24, 2015, 09:08:34 pm »
I would think it's some npc called "clint", i've not read any info on this character but i watched a highlight on twitch of someone sneak attacking him with a VATS Critical shot using a fat man, it damaged him only 60% something around that, on survival difficulty. Pretty crazy.
I've met him and his cronies, their territory is around Quincy Ruins, in the southern part of the map, south-west of the Atom Cats.

(click to show/hide)
Shadow draw distance is the main culprit for me in that one area aswell, around the towers. I'm also using a Nvidia card. Hopefully it will get optimized.

Btw. nothing to do with the above but if anyone is experiencing it I got completely rid of the game's wierd micro stutter (which appears despite stable fps) by adding 'iFPSClamp=60' under 'general' in the ini but it seems that would bug maglocks. I've found another solution though, with no complications, adding 'bMaximizeWindow=0 bBorderless=1 bFull Screen=0 iSize H=1080 iSize W=1920' to the ini under 'display', forcing the game to run in borderless windowed mode (you may have to set it in the launcher first aswell). Made my game run a lot sleeker for some reason.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:20:12 pm by Angantyr »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 24, 2015, 10:13:06 pm »

Aye I found that ship as well, thought my game was fucking up haha.

Didn't realise they were ghouls though, not many of their heads were left intact

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2015, 10:31:39 pm »
+1
Also, if you guys haven't already, go to the piers / docks directly east of the Shamrock Taphouse just east of Goodneighbor.  Talk to the kid to start the quest.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #922 on: November 24, 2015, 11:40:57 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Lolwut?

Guess I'm beelining there now :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #923 on: November 24, 2015, 11:52:23 pm »
+3
So,

with that, the only country in Europe that is confirmed to exist at 2077 is Norway.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #924 on: November 25, 2015, 12:31:17 am »
Even if the European commonwealth (in fallout lore) went into a civil war, the former countries existed most likely until 2077. Don't ask me what the hell Norwegians are doing in America tho.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #925 on: November 25, 2015, 12:42:13 am »
Is it just for Nvidia users? Is this going to get patched?

It's not just an Nvidia issue, I have the exact same problem with an AMD R9 280x.

I heard there was going to be a patch released this week, but I'm not sure if it fixes any performance issues.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #926 on: November 25, 2015, 12:43:16 am »
+4
So even if I really didn't want to, I romanced this Danse guy from the Brotherhood, so that I could get his companion perk. I was hoping to forget about the weirdness of the whole thing. And I did actually.
Until this one time when I wanted to take a nap at the Sanctuary. I wake up and what do I see? Danse lays right next to me and with a straight-up rape face he smoothly says "Ad Victoriam" as I am getting up. God, I don't even want to know what happened while I was sleeping. All I know is that I feel violated.

(click to show/hide)

Damn Bethesda. Why did you guys have to add so much gayness to the companion system?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #927 on: November 25, 2015, 04:03:07 am »
+5
So even if I really didn't want to, I romanced this Danse guy from the Brotherhood, so that I could get his companion perk.

You don't need to romance them to get the perk.

Offline Zorak

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Zorak
« Reply #928 on: November 25, 2015, 04:19:49 am »
+8
You don't need to romance them to get the perk.

Awkward

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #929 on: November 25, 2015, 05:22:09 am »
+4
So even if I really didn't want to, I romanced this Danse guy from the Brotherhood, so that I could get his companion perk. I was hoping to forget about the weirdness of the whole thing. And I did actually.
Until this one time when I wanted to take a nap at the Sanctuary. I wake up and what do I see? Danse lays right next to me and with a straight-up rape face he smoothly says "Ad Victoriam" as I am getting up. God, I don't even want to know what happened while I was sleeping. All I know is that I feel violated.

(click to show/hide)

Damn Bethesda. Why did you guys have to add so much gayness to the companion system?

Taking dick for the brotherhood.