Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89811 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:46 am »
+1
Sneak and wep with silencer works remarkably well. I modded a legendary 10mm pistol that has 50% more damage against super mutants. So now not only sneak headshots on raiders and other scum give a quiet instakill, so do 1 or 2 headshots on supermutants. Thou 10mm rounds are rare. I constantly spend an asston of caps on them, which I get for selling other bullets I will probably never fire.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2015, 08:50:54 am »
Pretty sure here present spawnpoints for "random encounters" I spawn scavengers, scavengers + mutants, mutants
behind the nearest house simply crossing the exact same road three times in a row  :P
(click to show/hide)
I mentioned that there are certain locations with event spawns that will spawn enemies close by, but they honestly aren't that common from what I've explored and they certainly weren't impossible, the majority of encounters I have had are pre-spawned enemies that you can see from a mile away.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:59 am »
The game doesn't just magically spawn them to attack you, they're already spawned within a certain distance, I think they're attracted to gunfire, they will also fight each other if you make them cross paths, just get some distance on the ones attacking you. I know they don't just magically appear to attack you ( unless it's in a quests/locations scripted event ) because from the top of a hill at night I could see gunfire in the distance, like fairly far away, of the AI fighting AI.  Quick save often, allows you to plan your approach and try different things until you make it through difficult situations. I am playing on Survival now and I have killed tons of Legendary and Difficult ( Skull next to name ) enemies, because I just try again and try a new approach or different weapons for the situations if I am dying.

For clarification, as I already mentioned, it was a vast open road with no mob bases around. And they did simply magically spawn. There was nothing in sight over the plains in front of me. Just what the hell kind of thing would make 4 entirely different kind of enemies peacefully sit in the corner and fly at you out of the blue anyway?

Also you keep using this word "spawn". See, the Fallout I know never had  "spawn points". It isn't supposed to. Enemies would be there in their own territories. Be careful enough and you can see them from a mile away and plan your approach accordingly. Do you think I am not being stealthy? Hell I almost never stop crouching. However, it is impossible to survive these shitty pop-ups all the time. I waited for this joke to end, yet apparently it never does.

Still at this point, maybe Beth really did something right, which is stealth. At night, you can crouch through the entire map without being detected as long as you stay in the dark? But that hardly saves this mess.

Also, I too have killed many legendaries and skull enemies. I just find it horrible that the game endlessly throws these at you. Eventually it becomes a chore to find enough stims to save your ass.

And I already said this, but what the fuck is with the ghouls playing dead, flooding in from windows and shit? Ghouls aren't exactly zombies ffs and last time I checked, this wasn't a zombie game either.

I kinda hate the fact the raiders got unlimited grenades/molotovs tho, that shit kills me way too often.

This effectively fucks up your chances of remaining hidden as well. You get several sneak shots at best and then they find you regardless of how well you hid your ass. And then it is a grenade/missile/molotov fest.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:59:18 am by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2015, 11:30:49 am »
Does anyone know how to move properly while building stuff ? I can only use S and D, W and A are locked for some reason.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2015, 12:08:48 pm »
Does anyone know how to move properly while building stuff ? I can only use S and D, W and A are locked for some reason.

Azerty/qwerty, alt+maj. Or special bindings.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #680 on: November 13, 2015, 12:22:25 pm »
+1
My Empire is growing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #681 on: November 13, 2015, 01:06:53 pm »
Found a .50 cal rifle that was fully upgraded in every section, can now almost 1 shot Yao Guais without sneak bonus(in Survival difficulty) :D

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 13, 2015, 01:42:47 pm »
anyone want to do a sharing of what their base stats were for S.P.E.C.I.A.L when they started the game?

mine was;

S:6
P:6
E:2
C:5
I:6
A:2
L:1

now having seen the perks, i wish i wouldve went more into agi instead of strength.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:47:20 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 13, 2015, 01:49:10 pm »
My Empire is growing!

pff i've china walled all around the sanctuary :D
tbh i'm having more fun with this building than story so yeah

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 13, 2015, 02:33:10 pm »
I've only built sanctuary up a wee bit, big ass wall with a load of turrets.

Hangmans Alley in the middle of Boston is where shit is happeneing, constant raids, loads of turrets and buildings plus Brotherhood flying around getting blown to shit by mutants and raiders...ah its so peaceful downtown!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #685 on: November 13, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »
So if you've seen something fall down from the sky and crashed you can find it around Oberland Station, at least that's where I found it. I'm not gonna spoil what you find but it's pretty cool.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 13, 2015, 03:34:19 pm »
So if you've seen something fall down from the sky and crashed you can find it around Oberland Station, at least that's where I found it. I'm not gonna spoil what you find but it's pretty cool.

Oooh If I think I know what it is then  picked up the magazine that goes with it haha

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 13, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »
Can someone say what does this "building" part of the game actually means, story-wise and gameplay-wise? (w/o spoiling, if possible)
Also, some pointed out that there was less "choices" (evilest-neutral-goodest, in a fallout way) in the narrative, does this actually is a bad thing, or is it supported by excellent story, or other. Or maybe is it not true at all?

Basically, I'm on the breach about downlo... buying this game. And since I've played Fallout 3 a bit, I mostly need to know if its still as good, or better, and whats new?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #688 on: November 13, 2015, 05:37:32 pm »
Can someone say what does this "building" part of the game actually means, story-wise and gameplay-wise? (w/o spoiling, if possible)
Also, some pointed out that there was less "choices" (evilest-neutral-goodest, in a fallout way) in the narrative, does this actually is a bad thing, or is it supported by excellent story, or other. Or maybe is it not true at all?

Basically, I'm on the breach about downlo... buying this game. And since I've played Fallout 3 a bit, I mostly need to know if its still as good, or better, and whats new?
You could at least make the effort to read the thread cuz everything above has been answered a few pages back... especially when not buying

...meet Dogemeat! :lol:

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2015, 06:53:42 pm »
You could at least make the effort to read the thread cuz everything above has been answered a few pages back... especially when not buying

You could at least make the effort to give approximately what page. I've been reading this thread for the past few days, which is why I only ask two specific questions, the rest being covered by fellow posters.
Re-read from page 40, nothing in sight, so fuck you and dont respond again if its not useful to me :wink: