Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89784 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #660 on: November 13, 2015, 01:03:44 am »
What character did you roleplay as? I roleplayed as a concerned father.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #661 on: November 13, 2015, 01:17:59 am »
What character did you roleplay as? I roleplayed as a concerned father.

sarcastic guy who cares for everyone deep down
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:37 am »
Now that I finally started finding an abundant number of cores (with companions literally carrying me this far) and am able to walk around in power armor without worries, it is a little bit fun smashing super mutants with my super sledge. Am I happy now? Nope, not at all.

The limited armor choices you can get are mostly no use against 80% of all enemies. Seriously, only low-tier raiders are manageable and high-tier ones not really. Pretty much everything else brutally overpowers you. You struggle painfully, rely extensively on companions and arrive at such a point that you no longer wish to explore, but just follow the trail set for you. Simply put, you are left to suffer until you can eventually afford power armor all the time.

The settlement and crafting things? I am not against trying new things, but those really don't belong to a Fallout game.

Storyline is a little cheesy and meh, but I can live with that.

All in all, this game got me way too tired by the time I started having just a bit of fun. Throughout my time with it, the game has been telling me "power armor or die over and over again" and I am already burnt out when that becomes an option.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2015, 01:26:59 am »
Now that I finally started finding an abundant number of cores (with companions literally carrying me this far) and am able to walk around in power armor without worries, it is a little bit fun smashing super mutants with my super sledge. Am I happy now? Nope, not at all.

The limited armor choices you can get are mostly no use against 80% of all enemies. Seriously, only low-tier raiders are manageable and high-tier ones not really. Pretty much everything else brutally overpowers you. You struggle painfully, rely extensively on companions and arrive at such a point that you no longer wish to explore, but just follow the trail set for you. Simply put, you are left to suffer until you can eventually afford power armor all the time.

The settlement and crafting things? I am not against trying new things, but those really don't belong to a Fallout game.

Storyline is a little cheesy and meh, but I can live with that.

All in all, this game got me way too tired by the time I started having just a bit of fun. Throughout my time with it, the game has been telling me "power armor or die over and over again" and I am already burnt out when that becomes an option.

Almost like you're describing tincan armor in CRPG

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2015, 01:27:58 am »
It is indeed exactly like that. And the most painful truth is that the game wants you to do that and reassures you that there is no other way.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2015, 01:30:46 am »
+2
City of Ivans

day 1  :P

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #666 on: November 13, 2015, 01:32:27 am »
I'll admit I have yet to go to the diamond city or fought anything beyond the higher lvl ghouls and raiders but I haven't found a need for power armor. Not sure what you're fighting to need it but if I find out, I got plenty of energy cells and molotovs along with bottlecap mines and frag nades to handle them. Liking my special laser rifle from the BoS so far but its not much stronger than a laser pistol.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 13, 2015, 01:37:12 am »
Playing on very hard. Not sure if you do the same. If so, gratz to you. Then I simply suck at this, although I was quite fine with all previous Fallouts at this difficulty. After all, perception actually did something for you in those and there weren't mobs magically appearing out of thin air.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2015, 01:51:13 am »
Playing on very hard. Not sure if you do the same. If so, gratz to you. Then I simply suck at this, although I was quite fine with all previous Fallouts at this difficulty. After all, perception actually did something for you in those and there weren't mobs magically appearing out of thin air.

Yeah I'm not sure what perception is doing to help you so far besides grab perks. It can help but when stuff digs underground then pops up behind your back.. meh.

And I can understand why now. I'm playing on normal. I always do the first time to get a feel for the game and have a fun run. I'll ramp up the difficulty another time.

I do like that things change though when you die. I died to an armed bottlecap mine then it reloaded so I was ready for it this time but it was no longer there the second time around. It does suck for loot though when an enemy has a better piece of armor or cool gun then you die and they no longer have it.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2015, 02:03:02 am »
What? I am playing on very hard as well and doing my usual stupid shit of just going in a direction and trying to clear areas. Still I don't find the game very difficult, and I am killing shit with a skull next to its name a lot. The game gives you an instant pause in which you can heal, you can save at your leisure, and there is auto-aim and the ability to pick your crits. I die a lot, but all that should be enough to trudge through areas well above your level. I haven't used Power Armor a single time, and it feels like cheating if I would. Frequent saving just means that you have to play a difficult engagement a few times until you figure out the right strategy, which I find quite fun and rewarding. Just make sure you upgrade your guns, upgrade your armor and invest in some of those "+20% damage perk with X weapon type" perks and it should be easy enough. If it really gets hard, use your explosives, they are easy to use and usually quite effective. If it weren't for ammo constraints, my upgraded Laser Rifle would beast through anything, and I have had that one for a while. The real difficulty comes from trying to use .38 ammo against moderately strong enemies, because your other ammo is too precious.

Though that one time I reloaded about 11 times to kill a Legendary Bloatfly was quite embarrassing. It would one-shot me with its projectile vomit, so doing frantic sidesteps while spastically hip-firing at a small bug and hoping for the best was the right strategy.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 13, 2015, 02:15:15 am »
Those random legendaries though. They are both fun and tedious encounters.

Just let me tell you guys one more tale of misadventure and conclude my daily F4 whining :D

I am following my doggie friend for that one quest (not spoilering). He walks me through an empty deserted road. It is daytime and there is absolutely nothing in sight. Well, as I expected, this doesn't last. A yao guai pops up to my right and starts pummeling me. I fight it guerilla-style but notice these occasional pew pews, realizing that there are now 3 super mutants around me. Is it over? It is not. Looking down, I see that my health meter is degrading rapidly. Something poisoned me! It is 2 of those blood flies poking me. Brace yourselves, because this is still not over. I notice a laser beam. Well, there is now a Mr. Gutsy attacking me as well. Just where the fuck were these guys all this time and how the fuck were they even getting along before I arrived?

Too unbelievable? Maybe I am just bulshitting you guys? Believe whatever you want. The game pulled exactly this shit at me. I reloaded like 6 times. Strangely, the game decided that Mr. Gutsy was overkill and stopped spawning it in the next reloads. I eventually survived only thanks to the fact that Dogmeat was now assisting me freely, not as a companion and I had Nick as my actual companion. Having help from two friendlies was my salvation. It was otherwise impossible for me to survive that or even run out of it due to my bad untimely save.

Yeah, that is it for now. Have a nice day :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:18:34 am by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2015, 03:01:41 am »

Just let me tell you guys one more tale of misadventure and conclude my daily F4 whining :D

I am following my doggie friend for that one quest (not spoilering). He walks me through an empty deserted road. It is daytime and there is absolutely nothing in sight. Well, as I expected, this doesn't last. A yao guai pops up to my right and starts pummeling me. I fight it guerilla-style but notice these occasional pew pews, realizing that there are now 3 super mutants around me. Is it over? It is not. Looking down, I see that my health meter is degrading rapidly. Something poisoned me! It is 2 of those blood flies poking me. Brace yourselves, because this is still not over. I notice a laser beam. Well, there is now a Mr. Gutsy attacking me as well. Just where the fuck were these guys all this time and how the fuck were they even getting along before I arrived?

Too unbelievable? Maybe I am just bulshitting you guys? Believe whatever you want. The game pulled exactly this shit at me. I reloaded like 6 times. Strangely, the game decided that Mr. Gutsy was overkill and stopped spawning it in the next reloads. I eventually survived only thanks to the fact that Dogmeat was now assisting me freely, not as a companion and I had Nick as my actual companion. Having help from two friendlies was my salvation. It was otherwise impossible for me to survive that or even run out of it due to my bad untimely save.

not use your mad skills to take them all down for massive bragging rights and epic story, instead you do it the pussy way and reload saves
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #672 on: November 13, 2015, 03:04:52 am »
+1

inb4 second uninstall.  :mrgreen:

Also, survival is ez, finally my game got shipped, and I got a nice 4 hours in a row playing as a scavenger guy, taking weps from dead raiders. I kinda hate the fact the raiders got unlimited grenades/molotovs tho, that shit kills me way too often.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #673 on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:46 am »

The game doesn't just magically spawn them to attack you, they're already spawned within a certain distance, I think they're attracted to gunfire, they will also fight each other if you make them cross paths, just get some distance on the ones attacking you. I know they don't just magically appear to attack you ( unless it's in a quests/locations scripted event ) because from the top of a hill at night I could see gunfire in the distance, like fairly far away, of the AI fighting AI.  Quick save often, allows you to plan your approach and try different things until you make it through difficult situations. I am playing on Survival now and I have killed tons of Legendary and Difficult ( Skull next to name ) enemies, because I just try again and try a new approach or different weapons for the situations if I am dying.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #674 on: November 13, 2015, 08:26:00 am »
The game doesn't just magically spawn them to attack you, they're already spawned within a certain distance, I think they're attracted to gunfire, they will also fight each other if you make them cross paths, just get some distance on the ones attacking you. I know they don't just magically appear to attack you ( unless it's in a quests/locations scripted event ) because from the top of a hill at night I could see gunfire in the distance, like fairly far away, of the AI fighting AI.  Quick save often, allows you to plan your approach and try different things until you make it through difficult situations. I am playing on Survival now and I have killed tons of Legendary and Difficult ( Skull next to name ) enemies, because I just try again and try a new approach or different weapons for the situations if I am dying.
Pretty sure here present spawnpoints for "random encounters" I spawn scavengers, scavengers + mutants, mutants
behind the nearest house simply crossing the exact same road three times in a row  :P
(click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Check the range of drawing for the characters
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:29:54 am by Vovka »