Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89812 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #585 on: November 11, 2015, 10:28:01 am »
+1
not hard enough - complains
too hard - complains

:P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #586 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:57 am »
Don't get how people go exploring the map at lvl 1 and are surprised at being squishy useless bait that dies in one hit. Much better than the "leveled" encounters that are always conveniently tailored ala Skyrim.
As is typical with Bestheda games I'm not going to touch this thing until a few months in when it's actually a finished game and good mods start popping up for it, but have looked at a couple let's plays. And it does seem seriously "streamlined", aka simplified or just straight up removed entire sections of the game. It's getting more and more like an FPS and less like an RPG, which some people must like. 
By the way you all remember the controversy on paying mods with Skyrim, right? Guessing this debate will be back soon. They will be a lot more sneaky about it if they learned anything from their previous try.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:05:56 am by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #587 on: November 11, 2015, 11:16:57 am »
 someone managed to build something worthwhile? and what about the windows seems In y 2277 mankind has forgotten how to make them ??

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #588 on: November 11, 2015, 11:24:01 am »
Er, windows are points of weakness or something, yeah. That's why. You don't want a ghoul to just climb in and rape you in the middle of the night. I'm sure it's nothing to do with the engine.
It seems like one of the big innovations is the base building system. A fort defense minigame within the game sounds fun, but is it engaging at all or just a random distraction?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #589 on: November 11, 2015, 11:56:53 am »
too hard - complains

So far the entire concept of difficulty is based on enemies magically appearing behind you. You rarely have time to see your encounters from a distance and prepare. Are you sure that is what a Fallout game is supposed to be? It is like their intention was to make a dumb zombie shooter or horror game.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #590 on: November 11, 2015, 11:58:48 am »
+1
too hard - complains

:P

Getting oneshot by something unavoidable is not good difficulty.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #591 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:02 pm »

Unless a deathclaws pops up behind you (or alternatively 12 ennemies with rifles), you may find it too easy when wearing power armor and a minigun :P

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #592 on: November 11, 2015, 12:19:27 pm »
... power armor and a minigun :P

The perpetually beeping power armor and low ammo for everything disapprove.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:52 pm »
There is a scavenger workbench to build but I can't use it. Guess it's assignable to NPCs.

I built that, you need to assign it to NPC: in workshop mode you walk to the NPC, press E or whatever is the key for Command, you'll see it, and then you walk back to the station and press E again I think. Kind of confusing. I think scavenger workbench produces scavenged material out of nothing tho, it's not used for converting.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #594 on: November 11, 2015, 02:01:33 pm »

Happens in many games, either the enemies level with you and it's really easy or the enemy levels are location based.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #595 on: November 11, 2015, 02:46:35 pm »
I'm liking it so far after only a few hours, was quite surprised though that the insects and animals come out the ground, walls, vents and such like all the time. At first it kind of annoyed me because i always got hit at random and suddenly i'm surrounded by 5 enemies in a small space but when i think about it, it's not that bad. It's never been a thing before in Bethesda games so im not used to it but it makes sense! A scorpion would burrow under the dirt and wait for prey, it would have too because of the harsh world they are in and also they do that shit anyway but so would the other creatures too. It makes you always on guard in caves and sewer tunnels always expecting to be ambushed is a new way of playing a fallout game to me, feels sort of like metro 2033 in a sense and to me it does make the world far more dangerous and life threatening than the previous games.

But it also makes me think that the Perception attribute is kind of useless for spotting enemies on the radar? If most of them are hidden in the ground? I have medium perception i think it's 5 or 6 and i don't see red blips that much then suddenly i'm swarmed by 7 ghouls, my dog doesn't even bark or anything it just happens spontaneously so i'm not sure if when i get 10 perception i can sense enemies hiding or there is a perk for that.

Bethesda games aren't always 100% at release, never are but they always iron the last creases out and have me spending countless of my free time playing them. At the moment i can't see myself depending on mods at all. They will just be icing on the top.

Don't get me wrong though this game does have it's bad sides that make me sad, not disappointed just sad. It's manly to do with the changes they went with. Oh well.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 11, 2015, 03:08:30 pm »
Blips only appear when enemies are'caution' or 'danger' which is a pain in the arse.

Walked down the western side of the map at lvl 1, loads of little bases and some big areas if you're looking for a place to start I would say go there, helped me out a lot.

Decided to run through Boston - big mistake, gang warfare lots of little power struggles, would not advise it unless you're in power armour. Only used the power armour once and that was at the start to kill the deathclaw, havent bothered with it since and its made the game so much more harder

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #597 on: November 11, 2015, 03:31:03 pm »
Decided to run through Boston - big mistake, gang warfare lots of little power struggles, would not advise it unless you're in power armour. Only used the power armour once and that was at the start to kill the deathclaw, havent bothered with it since and its made the game so much more harder

How dare you. Power armor are manly as hell. <3

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 572
  • Infamy: 1779
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 11, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »
+1
This game would be so much better if humans were unique and few in Wasteland, and had actual AI so they can travel just like my character. Not spawning clones out of thin air and that shit. Imagine how much better it would feel if every outpost had story behind it, unique bandits, if there was a way for you to observe their behavior, plan an attack or speak with them, not just barge in like Rambo and pray for the best. Problem with this game, while it is good game, leaves a lot to be desired.

Instead of working on important bits (doing something about randomly generated content and side missions), they choose an easy path. Building settlements, crafting, all that shit that doesn't really belong to Fallout game. I'm not here to survive the night, I'm a post apocalyptic wanderer. No intention to build bases or organize militias.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 11, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »
It's nice to see they've finally implemented Powered Armor with lore-accurate proportions and properties (except for the power source).

In general I have a lot of good to say about the game. It's better than I'd feared, even if the dialogue system is bad and the interface often pretty annoying, and even if it is very light on the RPG side, as expected; hoping for some meaningful choices as I get more into the story. I'm only seven hours in but so far good atmosphere, environments, characters and combat. Let's see how it looks after 3 expansions, 10 patches and hundreds of hours of gameplay.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:53:52 pm by Angantyr »