Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89797 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 - Release 10 nov
« Reply #555 on: November 10, 2015, 09:10:12 pm »
+2
As usual, most of the complaints are retarded. Pretty sure it was the exact same thing when Skyrim came out, now it's got a 8+ user score.

Well...some of the points were legit. Like the UI really is a piece of trash. I dunno why, but absolutely nothing about it feels natural and some parts are even straight up confusing ontop of that the Pip boy interface seems rather slow. Im trying to use it as little as possible. Also the new perk/skillsystem is a bit of a hit and a miss really.

I do however really like the combat and traveling. In Fallout 3 and NV I was almost never scared of shit. In this one, traveling is actually kind of scary. The gouls are very well done. Those bastards are very hard to hit, my VATS is inaccurate as fuck, so im almost never using it and ontop of that sneak isnt OP at all anymore. All that makes it a bit more challenging and fun, in a decent way.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #556 on: November 10, 2015, 09:18:16 pm »
+3
Sheeeeit sorry guys no Melee we busy playing Fallout 4.
Monkeys!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1428
  • Infamy: 2515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 10, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »
Will chadz break the record? What was it, 111 hours in 7 days?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 10, 2015, 09:42:43 pm »
+4
Hell Witcher 3 is hardly the paragon for gaming that people make it out to be, sure it looks great but has some pretty serious flaws as it is.
Witcher 3 really is the paragon of gaming people make it out to be. Objectively, it's amazing. The amount of content and the quality of said content is mindblowing. Now, I'm not that big of a fan of it myself, but that's because of personal tastes. Fallout 4 so far is pretty good, but if TW3 doesn't win GOTY then there's something rotten in the state of Denmark.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #559 on: November 10, 2015, 09:54:01 pm »
+1
Sheeeeit sorry guys no Melee we busy playing Fallout 4.

So its delayed from 2025 to 2030? Its cool man, i got time!

I always look at negative reviews on steam, they generally give a very good insight. Unless they are blatantly hating the game, but many of them are pretty legit. So far ive gotten that its worse than FNV but better than FO3. Im honestly surprised it isnt "overwhelmingly positive" since the hype was so massive, i guess it must really have some major flaws then.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #560 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:17 pm »
To be honest I hated New Vegas. Never got how it was so popular. If it's better than Fallout 3 then that's good.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #561 on: November 10, 2015, 10:32:56 pm »
Witcher 3 really is the paragon of gaming people make it out to be. Objectively, it's amazing. The amount of content and the quality of said content is mindblowing. Now, I'm not that big of a fan of it myself, but that's because of personal tastes. Fallout 4 so far is pretty good, but if TW3 doesn't win GOTY then there's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

But it also has some pretty serious issues that people like to ignore. It has a backwards difficulty curve, is pretty buggy, not particularly well optimised, the UI and menu systems aren't great and the combat is mediocre. Why should Witcher 3 get a pass on these things based on the amount of content you get?

When Skyrim was about all people did was complain about the shit gameplay, now the gameplay is pretty good in Fallout 4 they complain about something else. Give every game the same criticism nobody should get passes for anything, if there's a problem then there's a problem.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2110
  • Infamy: 934
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 10, 2015, 10:34:20 pm »
I always look at negative reviews on steam, they generally give a very good insight. Unless they are blatantly hating the game, but many of them are pretty legit. So far ive gotten that its worse than FNV but better than FO3. Im honestly surprised it isnt "overwhelmingly positive" since the hype was so massive, i guess it must really have some major flaws then.

Steam reviews are garbage. There are few decent on gaming subreddits from fans of Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

Thing about Bethesda games is they come out every four or five years. In the meantime there is new generation of gamers who haven't tried those games before. Elder Scrolls (or new Fallout) tend to have quite an effect on those who never tried them. But for me who is playing this same game for 15 years, enough is enough.

Over 500 hours in ESIII: Morrowind, 200 hours in ESIV: Oblivion, 200 hours in Fallout 3, 150 hours in Fallout New Vegas, 100 hours in ESV: Skyrim. This time around will be no more than 50 hours from me, as soon I finish main story I'm done with this game. When and if they decide to bring content to another level, make it look less copy/paste randomly and more organic and meaningful, when they put some work into quests, bring some gameplay variety and offer true RPG system, not their system where you can do everything but its up to you to limit yourself if you prefer that way, then maybe I'll clock another few hundred hours on Bethesda game.

You see irradiated bear and you're like "wow isn't this cool". I see random creature placement by some schmuck employee of Bethesda Studios. Sense of I've played this for so long that I'm able to see how game subsystems run in behind is too damn strong and it really bothers me at this point. They should really work on bringing immersion to another level.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:40 pm »
But it also has some pretty serious issues that people like to ignore. It has a backwards difficulty curve, is pretty buggy, not particularly well optimised, the UI and menu systems aren't great and the combat is mediocre. Why should Witcher 3 get a pass on these things based on the amount of content you get?

When Skyrim was about all people did was complain about the shit gameplay, now the gameplay is pretty good in Fallout 4 they complain about something else. Give every game the same criticism nobody should get passes for anything, if there's a problem then there's a problem.
A backwards difficulty curve? You mean it starts out hard and ends up easy? That's how 99.9% of games work. I think you'll have a hard time finding consensus that Witcher 3 is buggier than an average open world game. And on what do you base your claim of poor optimization on? It looks amazing, so it's not surprising it's demanding. Combat being mediocre is just your opinion.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 968
  • Infamy: 1613
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »
Combat has always been piss poor in Witcher games, it is trademark of the whole series. But that probably has something to do with me and my personal standards. Fifteen years ago Morrowind was fine combat wise and Gothic was really good. Right now both those games are a joke when it comes to combat. After Warband and Dark Souls every other combat system seems subpar. You can argue that Witcher 3 has decent combat or slightly better than average and I'll back it up. But that doesn't cut it anymore, not for me.

Same goes for this "good" gameplay of Fallout 4. This is piss poor imho. Most weapons still lack a punch, I'm not in awe with limb system (seen it before), melee is worse than in first Deus Ex. Actually I prefer Deus Ex weapons feel and those wonky hit animations than this. That says a lot because Deus Ex is from 2000.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #565 on: November 10, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »
A backwards difficulty curve? You mean it starts out hard and ends up easy? That's how 99.9% of games work. I think you'll have a hard time finding consensus that Witcher 3 is buggier than an average open world game. And on what do you base your claim of poor optimization on? It looks amazing, so it's not surprising it's demanding. Combat being mediocre is just your opinion.

Backwards curve was the wrong thing to say. It's more like an right angle. You hit about level 14 and there is no difficulty.

Either way the point wasn't the issues themselves Xant, the point was they're ignored by everyone whereas something like Fallout gets ragged on for everything you can think of. That's the problem, if you're gonna pick apart all of one game's faults then do it to all of them.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »
Well obviously, if people like the game they'll ignore the shortcomings, if they dislike a game, they'll talk about nothing but shortcomings.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 10, 2015, 11:14:30 pm »
Witcher 3 has some of the best writing of any RPG the last decade, probably even the best written since Torment.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2015, 12:00:44 am »
+1
So basically every single enemy pops up out of nowhere now. Every single enemy always gets you in an ambush (even the fucking mole rats or radroaches), because you won't be seeing them until they decide to gangbang you 90% of the time. Surprise factor, eh? Bethesda is sooooo innovative.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2944
  • Infamy: 1639
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2015, 12:52:01 am »
Feels like playing Doom 3, especially in underground areas where they seem to spawn in bigger numbers over time. Like GTA police.