Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89781 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 - E3 Reveal
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2015, 07:43:18 pm »
No, at least AC adds some new gimmick. Bethesda adds maybe a few new shitty animations.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2015, 09:06:06 pm »
New gimmick? Are you kiddin me? Those gimmicks are fucking pathetic and never justified all those sequels they made. AC(new and fresh game), AC2(lots of new stuff and improvements), AC3(added guns and murica, if you into that sorta thing), Black Flag(improved the one thing everybody liked from the last game). Literally those are the only ones that should exsist and even that is spreading it a little thin. All others are basically worthless excuses of charging full-price.

I quess yeah, we are taking their work for granted. Voice acting, making new cutscenes and new stories is not easy. But the core gameplay is exactly the same it was back in 2007. They have improved on it and added a lot of gimics, but at its core its exactly the same. I am so sick of its artstyle, parkour, animus, stories, weapons and combat. AC quite frankly just disgusts me now.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 18, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »
But the core gameplay is exactly the same it was back in 2007. They have improved on it and added a lot of gimics, but at its core its exactly the same. I am so sick of its artstyle, parkour, animus, stories, weapons and combat. AC quite frankly just disgusts me now.

Bethesda haven't even done that to the gameplay, heck they even reduced your choices from Morrowind.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 18, 2015, 10:04:36 pm »
Yeah, but the games core was changed when it came to TES. Added or lessened gimmicks, but the game was completely different. A totally new game. Which is what you cant say about a single AC sequel. I quess it also matters what we types of games are talking about here. Bethesdas games are generally freeroam exploration games, while AC just gives you the impression of being freeroam, while actually not giving you a single meaningful thing to do, outside the main missions. Black Flag ofcourse not included in this argument. That game was a freaking jewel.

If I think about Morrowind I think they did the TES sequels right. Morrowind wasnt really a game for the average player, it was more for a certain type of player. I quess they figured if their games would ever catch on they need to make em for the bland public. And so they did and they figured right.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2015, 05:05:57 am »
"Graphics don't matter" - Howard disagrees:

In a panel presentation at E3, GameSpot reported that Howard talked about the importance of graphics and memory and improvements of Fallout 4 graphics than Fallout 3:

“If we make a world that has, not just more details, but more dynamic details that we can keep track of and stream in and load quicker, all of that suspends your disbelief that this is a real world. The graphics matter, they do matter in suspending your disbelief.”
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2015, 12:43:23 pm »
Well, he's right. Graphics alone don't make a game but they do certainly matter.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2015, 11:12:48 pm »
Well, he's right. Graphics alone don't make a game but they do certainly matter.
Of course he's right. My point is that after the F4 initial trailer came out and looked shit the apologists started chanting "graphics don't matter" and even Howard himself disagrees with the sentiment.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
I really dont care about graphics one bit tbh.. Gameplay still looks shit tho, maybe the quests will be tasty.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2015, 10:58:44 pm »
+2
New uncut exploration video.

Really hope the Power Armor isn't like a ''vehicle'' or got robot-ish features that you have to get in and can't use as regular armor 24/7.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #339 on: July 18, 2015, 02:43:00 pm »
Probably you can just use it constantly, if not, day 1 mod rofl

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2015, 11:15:58 pm »
New uncut exploration video.

Really hope the Power Armor isn't like a ''vehicle'' or got robot-ish features that you have to get in and can't use as regular armor 24/7.
Probably need to power it somehow.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:36 pm »
That may be what they are aiming for, a finite power source may be what is inserted in the back of the suit in the gameplay trailer, if not a key for some locking mechanism. Or it needs to recharge otherwise.

It doesn't make sense lore-wise though, only the very first generation of T45d had a finite energy source. Every powered combat armor has since then had microfusion packs that can keep them running for 10.000 years a piece. Even if it's a T60, why would it use old technology for anything else than game balance.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2015, 12:06:38 am »
That may be what they are aiming for, a finite power source may be what is inserted in the back of the suit in the gameplay trailer, if not a key for some locking mechanism. Or it needs to recharge otherwise.

It doesn't make sense lore-wise though, only the very first generation of T45d had a finite energy source. Every powered combat armor has since then had microfusion packs that can keep them running for 10.000 years a piece. Even if it's a T60, why would it use old technology for anything else than game balance.

Junked armor, which you rebuilt, it's original power source went missing or bad so you juryrig an alternative
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2015, 12:08:25 am »
+1
Strip the servos and use it as plate armor.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:17 am »
Strip the servos and use it as plate armor.

So NCR heavy troopers?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net