Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89385 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1483
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:20:18 pm by Leshma »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #826 on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »
Literally spent my entire day off yesterday making 20 settlements into small self sufficient, supply lined, artillery outposts. Even tho artillery strikes seem pretty useless. And built a few big 22+ population towns to make lots of caps from shops, even tho I have completely 0 use for caps. Cause roleplay, plus I do like the game and don't want to just power through the quests.

I'm trying to think of what would be a good ruleset for a challenge run. Because mele only seems a bit boring gameplay wise, just clicking/watching vats.

Im currently leaning on, no armour values - so just stat clothes and no power armour. And only guns allowed are pistols, cause snipers/shotgun/rifles are OP. And no vats, cause that melee vats perk seems OP. Might be fun, might just be too much reloading. Probably end up using explosives alot  :lol:

edit: omg that dialogue mod, WANT
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:55:53 pm by Banok »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:27 pm »
Probably the most useful mod in gaming ever, due to one of the most retarded developer (or business) decisions.

Anyway I found myself getting bored of all the side stuff and just rushing through the main story. Exact same scenario as Skyrim, to be honest. Too bad this mod came out now that I'm probably close to main story end.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 18, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
Tried it for a bit now. Works flawless as far as I can tell.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 18, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »
Probably the most useful mod in gaming ever, due to one of the most retarded developer (or business) decisions.

Anyway I found myself getting bored of all the side stuff and just rushing through the main story. Exact same scenario as Skyrim, to be honest. Too bad this mod came out now that I'm probably close to main story end.

Best mod ever is animated prostitution when it arrives for Fallout 4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #831 on: November 18, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »
+1
Trying to build a metal house with those corners suck ass. The floor/roof wants to go outside since they flipped the inside and outside look. Its annoying the hell out of me.

I don't know if the same problem is occuring with the wooden models but the metal corner model is flipped so I might make another house with wood while I figure out how to make it work.

I also couldn't build walls on the first layer until I figured out I could use stairs as a placeholder. Even then they didn't match up until I mismatched with a metal corner then put a wall next to it then it fit without overlaps.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #832 on: November 18, 2015, 06:15:24 pm »
Every time I dip in here all I read about is settlement building.

Is Fallout now a strategy game?  :|

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #833 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »
Trying to build a metal house with those corners suck ass. The floor/roof wants to go outside since they flipped the inside and outside look. Its annoying the hell out of me.

I don't know if the same problem is occuring with the wooden models but the metal corner model is flipped so I might make another house with wood while I figure out how to make it work.

I also couldn't build walls on the first layer until I figured out I could use stairs as a placeholder. Even then they didn't match up until I mismatched with a metal corner then put a wall next to it then it fit without overlaps.

I tried only once and this exact problem caused me to never try again. I don't see the use in it anyway.

It isn't, but obviously Bethesda thought it would be cool if they brought the whole building/crafting craze into Fallout. Tbh, crafting is good, but looking for all those crafting materials is a chore.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:59 pm »

Just adds a new dimension to the game, trading, protection, attacks etc etc you can turn it into a main part of the story but it is completely optional.

I've not bothered with the settlements much as I frankly canny be bothered at the moment, i've had way too much fun wandering around trying not to die. The crafting system im loving however, just got to learn to rename my guns away from the lengthy ass shit they give you 'Suppressed Penetrating Laser Firing Fire Dildo' is just too much for me to take.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #835 on: November 18, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »
I tried only once and this exact problem caused me to never try again. I don't see the use in it anyway.

The wooden corner models have the same issue. Shit.

I wanted to try and make my own instead of using the prefabs. They suck. I made one for the ease and putting beds in but they ugly.

Dont blame you tbh.

It isn't, but obviously Bethesda thought it would be cool if they brought the whole building/crafting craze into Fallout. Tbh, crafting is good, but looking for all those crafting materials is a chore.

I think it fits. There's a bunch of settlements out there. Might as well have your own or at least your own hideout. I think mods will make this area shine with improvements.

I like the idea of it and some of what I can do with it but it's pretty annoying in some areas.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 18, 2015, 07:20:57 pm »
+1
My main issue is the distribution of power into the self-build house.
You attach one of those connectors to a wall but for some reason it only powers half the house and so on...
That annoys me more than the unfitting corners :cry:

Edit:

lel
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:27:22 pm by Molly »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #837 on: November 18, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »
The wooden corner models have the same issue. Shit.

I wanted to try and make my own instead of using the prefabs. They suck. I made one for the ease and putting beds in but they ugly.

Dont blame you tbh.

I think it fits. There's a bunch of settlements out there. Might as well have your own or at least your own hideout. I think mods will make this area shine with improvements.

I like the idea of it and some of what I can do with it but it's pretty annoying in some areas.

I have had no problem. Don't use prefabs though. I completely build it with Wood floor, wood/metal wall, and wood (second) floor. I never use a roof, they don't allow upward expansion, nor do they allow easy connection.

The biggest complaint I have is the inability to building interior wall sections this way. You can only do it on the prefab.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #838 on: November 18, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »
Metal Walls are clunky, the metal roof works pretty well actually. If you want to build a decent base you need to use wood. I still mostly do exploring but spent a couple of hours building a sky base over sanctuary, and even though I use wood I need more steel. I keep running out of steel and can't seem to get enough. Worse still is that for some reason my settlement seemed to have capped at 16 even though I hear people having 30 or more. Do you guys know how to get more guys?

Also praise Leshma for the amazing mod.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:20 pm »
Like Vibe said, dont go for any low damage automatic guns. They are pointless waste of bullets. I finished the game, I looted everything and I got like around 2k 5mm rounds, in the entire freaking game. A single decent combat with multiple oponents takes about 600 5mm-s atleast. Imagine how little you get to use it.:lol: And buying bullets for low damage per shot guns will make you instantly poor because they aint much cheaper. Nice balance indeed Buthesda.