Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89384 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #810 on: November 17, 2015, 06:18:49 pm »
That cartoon doesn't reflect my experience at all, either. I built a quick shack to live in then I've only repaired and modded my PA and weapons. The rest of the time I've explored and been on quests. I know which materials I need for repairing and modding and the few times I've run out and couldn't bother to go look for something I've just bought it in bulk from a shop. Neither do companions go in my way or make me want to yell at them.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 17, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »
That cartoon doesn't reflect my experience at all, either. I built a quick shack to live in then I've only repaired and modded my PA and weapons. The rest of the time I've explored and been on quests. I know which materials I need for repairing and modding and the few times I've run out and couldn't bother to go look for something I've just bought it in bulk from a shop. Neither do companions go in my way or make me want to yell at them.
So how do you rate the game? Have the quests been good? Does it feel like more than a crappy Far Cry clone? I've got 9 hours played and not really excited at all to look for quests, so far they've all been "go to X, kill Z, return here for crappy reward." RPG element really lacking, and the gunplay isn't good enough to keep me interested in the combat.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 17, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »
Well, Dark Souls also has that other part of community that try to make the game as difficult as possible for themselves, like kitchen ladle naked runs and other such silly builds.

Lobos Lobos Lobos

The mouse always finds the shortest path to the cheese.

I found out early on in Dark Souls that Sorcery was OP as fuck. The graph became an even more dramatic decline in difficulty than Witcher 3 Deathmarch as I cheesed every boss/mini-boss and grunt safely from a distance with ridiculously strong Soul Spears, and 2-shot Gwyn before he could hit me. Thus ended my first playthrough of Dark Souls.

Learning the optimal path in any game makes it too easy past a certain point.

Not all games are created equal in that regard. Games such as Civilization are made for cheesing.

Well thats just playing it wrong in that case. I quested almost 90% of the time. I took the lone wanderer perk and barely did anything in the settlement. Picked and robbed every house and guy possible on my quests. Its kinda like MGSV. You dont have to grind THAT much, if you picked up everything while on the way. Unless you went too overboard or were or too impatient.

I'm doing almost nothing with settlements because... it's impossible to build anything worthwhile with Charisma and Intelligence at 1.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 17, 2015, 09:14:25 pm »
I'm doing almost nothing with settlements because... it's impossible to build anything worthwhile with Charisma and Intelligence at 1.

Why didn't you go for intelligence? Thats like the most useful one in the game. Not only do you get boosted xp for everything, the perks under it have all the gunmods.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #814 on: November 17, 2015, 09:42:43 pm »
+2
Good news everyone!

Nexus Mod Manager supports Fallout 4 in its newest version! <3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:22 pm »
Why didn't you go for intelligence? Thats like the most useful one in the game. Not only do you get boosted xp for everything, the perks under it have all the gunmods.

It sucks there's no low int dialogue options. No reason to go low int now.

Good news everyone!

And then everyone downloads Fallout 4 Animated Prostitution when it cums
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #816 on: November 18, 2015, 12:20:19 am »
My Character.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Heavy Combat Armor best armor. Also Institute is best Laser ammo farming(I have 800+ rounds for lasers)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #817 on: November 18, 2015, 12:28:03 am »
(click to show/hide)

Looking at your character's hands, I can only assume that you chose the "chocolate and vanilla twist" option for your skin tone?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 18, 2015, 12:38:11 am »
Good news everyone!

No Mod Organiser support? No mods.

Like seriously who uses NMM anymore?

Want an argument? It has been made by cheson, Skyrim Modding God.

I'll make another character with focus on charisma, intelligence and energy weapons.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #819 on: November 18, 2015, 04:42:57 am »
I have spent half my level up points just on raising the SPECIAL stats alone, as I aim to use perks from most stats and on top of the fact each stat gives a standard bonus anyway, for that reason I also started with 4 in every stat.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #820 on: November 18, 2015, 07:04:11 am »
Just a few headsup, do not interact with "The Pillar of the Community" if you intend to do the Cabot house quests, seems like that is the only way you can prevent the character you're supposed to find there from not spawning, if only the console commands were like in Skyrim I could have found the npc and spawned her but it's not ...

Also, if you're stuck on one of the many Hancock quests cuz he only talks to you about being your follower, recruit him then talk to him with the normal follower interaction option. Also, you can have followers carry unlimited stuff as long as you command them to pick up something on the ground, so if they can't carry more of your shit just drop it on the ground then command them to pick it up. There's also a very easy dupeglitch, just pick up something at the same time as your follower. Make sure you collect a shit ton of aluminium, you can find a lot of it inside the Institute by just picking up almost all of their junk.

And fuck fatman Super Mutants, had to fight 4 of them at the same time.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:55 am »
+1
Just a few headsup, do not interact with "The Pillar of the Community" if you intend to do the Cabot house quests, seems like that is the only way you can prevent the character you're supposed to find there from not spawning, if only the console commands were like in Skyrim I could have found the npc and spawned her but it's not ...

One curious case about that one. I actually did interact with them, I came across them by accident. So much so that I shot the whole community and killed their leader(He was trying to swindle me and it was an actual option). So about 5 days later I did Cabot quests and one quest mentioned that place and I said to myself "ah shit". But when I got there, luckly, the game had respawned the guy so I could finish the quest.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #822 on: November 18, 2015, 07:49:37 am »
+1
Good news everyone!

Yay, time to download ALL the mods

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #823 on: November 18, 2015, 08:46:20 am »
One curious case about that one. I actually did interact with them, I came across them by accident. So much so that I shot the whole community and killed their leader(He was trying to swindle me and it was an actual option). So about 5 days later I did Cabot quests and one quest mentioned that place and I said to myself "ah shit". But when I got there, luckly, the game had respawned the guy so I could finish the quest.

Yeah the game spawns a new cult leader in case you fuck'd them up before. But the girl I was supposed to find wasn't in the room, she hadn't spawned. The questmarker then took me to her room, but she wasn't even there. Need to find her ID so I can spawn her.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #824 on: November 18, 2015, 10:40:53 am »
+2
Yeah the game spawns a new cult leader in case you fuck'd them up before. But the girl I was supposed to find wasn't in the room, she hadn't spawned. The questmarker then took me to her room, but she wasn't even there. Need to find her ID so I can spawn her.

Happened to me with other npcs and quests. Waiting some 24 hours or so sometimes spawns the npc you are looking for. It is as if the relevant npc takes a walk to the destination after you fast travel in an instant.

Once I tried console commands for spawning one of the quest npcs and he wasn't even responding to me. Just standing there like a mannequin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:48:58 pm by Daunt_Flockula »