Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89381 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1050 on: April 25, 2016, 11:33:13 am »
Seriously, a fun FPS game? "Mediocre" is being generous when describing its FPS elements. One of the worst "shooters" I've played, it's basically Fallout 3/Skyrim with a couple of improvements that still aren't enough to make the gunplay interesting.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 25, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »
It could have been a fun little shooter. Then again, they had to completely fuck it up with what they think should be the most interesting game mechanic ever: Almost every enemy appearing out of the blue.

Yeah I'm with Xant on this. I'll say that it could have been a fun little RPG, but not a shooter.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #1052 on: April 25, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
+1
Seriously, a fun FPS game? "Mediocre" is being generous when describing its FPS elements. One of the worst "shooters" I've played, it's basically Fallout 3/Skyrim with a couple of improvements that still aren't enough to make the gunplay interesting.

Well, my remark comes from someone who's not a seasoned fps player. Given options, it is probably among the bottom of genres I'd consider playing. What I meant is, I could simply forget this was an rpg or even a Fallout sequel, and be alright with playing it as a mindless shooter game. But the problem is that it tries to be a Fallout game.

And as I also said, it even fails at the shooter part with all that constant artificial surprise factor.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:12:36 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #1053 on: April 26, 2016, 08:34:16 pm »
+3
Fallout 4, massively overrated by the majority of critics who obviously must be taking payments under the desk.

The majority of actual people that probably think this game is great are probably those that didn't play Fallout 3 or NV ( They both had faults and I don't like either as much as Elder Scrolls games, but they were still fairly good ) or the original Fallout games and probably never played an Elder Scrolls game. Yes I know Fallout isn't Elder Scrolls, but their developments are pretty much tied and have obviously glaring similarities now, which is extremely worrying in terms of how terrible the upcoming Elder Scrolls might be.

I guess we do owe it to the spoiled filthy casual kids with ADHD who seem to have become a large part of the target market, the dumbing down of the entire game, including characters, story lines, details and depth. I could see past the obvious dumbing down in Oblivion and Skyrim, I still enjoyed those games, I enjoyed Fallout 3 and NV even though I wasn't overly interested in the world, they were all still fairly solid games IMO and the mod-ability saved some of the faults of them all.

But not even modding could save Fallout 4 for me, I forced myself to slog through about 20 or so hours of the game, just in hopes it would start to shine, but it honestly didn't, it was dull and boring. The "improved" gunplay and fx were nice for a little while, but they can't hold up a game like this, they are still fairly primitive in terms of fluidity and quality. If the rest of the game was good they would have been a nice addition and would have been acceptable.

tl;dr what a dull piece of shit game that also makes me expect the next Elder Scrolls game to be just as bad, or worse.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #1054 on: April 27, 2016, 01:58:08 pm »
Fallout 4, massively overrated by the majority of critics who obviously must be taking payments under the desk.

The majority of actual people that probably think this game is great are probably those that didn't play Fallout 3 or NV ( They both had faults and I don't like either as much as Elder Scrolls games, but they were still fairly good ) or the original Fallout games and probably never played an Elder Scrolls game. Yes I know Fallout isn't Elder Scrolls, but their developments are pretty much tied and have obviously glaring similarities now, which is extremely worrying in terms of how terrible the upcoming Elder Scrolls might be.

I guess we do owe it to the spoiled filthy casual kids with ADHD who seem to have become a large part of the target market, the dumbing down of the entire game, including characters, story lines, details and depth. I could see past the obvious dumbing down in Oblivion and Skyrim, I still enjoyed those games, I enjoyed Fallout 3 and NV even though I wasn't overly interested in the world, they were all still fairly solid games IMO and the mod-ability saved some of the faults of them all.

But not even modding could save Fallout 4 for me, I forced myself to slog through about 20 or so hours of the game, just in hopes it would start to shine, but it honestly didn't, it was dull and boring. The "improved" gunplay and fx were nice for a little while, but they can't hold up a game like this, they are still fairly primitive in terms of fluidity and quality. If the rest of the game was good they would have been a nice addition and would have been acceptable.

tl;dr what a dull piece of shit game that also makes me expect the next Elder Scrolls game to be just as bad, or worse.

I just hope they learnt their lesson there, and will release a decent Elder Scrolls/Fallout this time. The Brotherhood of Steel ending was just so incoherent, I called bullshit there.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1055 on: April 27, 2016, 01:59:13 pm »
Nah, FO 4 got so good ratings, they probably think they have an awesome recipe to milk.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #1056 on: April 27, 2016, 03:57:57 pm »
Nah, FO 4 got so good ratings, they probably think they have an awesome recipe to milk.

Well, either they got their new CoD casual pleb fans to back them up and buy their games, and everything will be alright; or they still need their old hardcore fanbase from the previous fallouts and elder scrolls, and those won't buy their next RPG if it ends up being another fallout 4, which means they might be going back to the Obsidian RPG recipe. I'm surely going to keep the track of Bethesda and see how it goes after that, since I still got some hope left. Plus I don't think the ratings are so good, they're rather mixed in content.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 27, 2016, 04:31:30 pm »
+5
Fallout is following the Total War trend.

More casual, more DLC, more plebs, goodbye hardcore fans who made the franchise, thanks for the money.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:47 pm »
+2
It's fine, old giants fall and new prodigies jump from their shoulders before they hit the ground or something.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 11, 2017, 11:24:46 pm »
Is this game good now with mods &c? I played it just over two hours on release before getting utterly bored -- so no Steam refund. Fml.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1060 on: March 11, 2017, 11:54:30 pm »
I doubt it, probably some decent nude mods etc but I guess that's about it. Still the same game. Glad I pirated it but exploring / combat was fun enough so eh, if you're bored maybe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:39 am »
+1
when and why did this thread get 1000 replies

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #1062 on: March 12, 2017, 12:22:59 pm »
+4
Is this game good now with mods &c? I played it just over two hours on release before getting utterly bored -- so no Steam refund. Fml.
They went the autism route and focused fully on settlement building and neglected every other part of the game. I guess you can't blame them, seems they finally came to accept that they're shit writers who are incapable of writing an appealing story. Also they hate RPG elements, so they basically removed or dumbed down all of them.
If you visit the Fallout 4 nexus it's just settlement building mods, some nude or sex stuff and retextures. The whole franchise is cancer at this point.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 03, 2017, 01:59:21 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die