Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!  (Read 20433 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:39 am »
Yeah this is my concern as well. It's not that the game looks bad or anything, it's just that I feel I'll get quickly bored of it. Even if I only look at Dark Zone, in the end it's just a shooter with fairly average shooting mechanics (from what I've seen) with one PvP map and game mode (Dark Zone). If it was cheaper and didn't have like 100 paid dlcs already announced, then maybe.

never buy an ubisoft game, they are all shit

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
+1
Angry Joe finally did a review of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTBcuZTPIEk

5/10 hah.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2016, 02:24:34 pm »
All the graphic glitches and disconnects he is talking about never happened once to me. Not in the Beta, not in the Main Game.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2016, 03:14:02 pm »
I've had only a few glitches. Also, he seems to be playing on console, the peasant.

20 hours in, feels like money well spent.

Mission difficulty is all over the place, though. On standard, you can solo all of them without breaking a sweat. On hard, some of them are challenging, some are barely more difficult than standard. And then you have the Hudson Refugee camp, which feels outright impossibru on hard. Have tried it with 2-3 different groups of people, the 2nd being lvl10-15 - can't get past even the first area, even while cheesing the enemies at the entrance to the place. Get wiped every fucking time by those cleaners just pushing us out of the map.

Dark Zone is fun'ish, though I am yet to see any PvP whatsoever. Would probably have to group up with someone to go rogue myself.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:21:55 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »
Well based on that video, the penalty on going rogue seems to be far too punishing.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2016, 03:44:57 pm »
Yeah, that seems absurd.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »
Yeah, PvP has to be inmproved a bit. I would also like to see full PvP areas, no bots around, where you assault strongholds of the other team and stuff like that. More variety in the gameplay is whats needed now. I also feel like my money was well spent, but there is definitely room for improvement.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »
+2
Just had my first successful going-rogue event on DZ. Accidentally went rogue whilst trying to kill another rogue, ended up killing some 3 players and escaping towards a far end my current brackets top zone. Wasn't actually that difficult to survive, as i put a large area full of very difficult NPCs between me and the more populated areas and i was also top level for my bracket and geared out in awesome purple gear. Might be different at top brackets tho, i suppose.
DZ credit reward was pitiful though, the few items i looted from those other players were worth a lot more.

Seriously great fun, killing other players - especially when you down them, can still hear them talking on the mic among themselves, swearing as you go in to finish them off with a melee attack.  :D

If they improved the rewards for surviving going rogue, giving some actually good DZ XP and credit bonuses, DZ could really become awesome.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:28:28 pm by [ptx] »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »
Accidentally went rogue

It's seriously annoying when you're just trying to extract, some dumbass walks in your line of fire and suddenly you got 10 people hunting you..

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:51 am »
People do it on purpose most of the time so they can kill you freely. You have to be careful in the dark zone from asshats.

Also pc version currently is very easy to hack because everything is clientside.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2016, 01:02:19 am »
If they improved the rewards for surviving going rogue, giving some actually good DZ XP and credit bonuses, DZ could really become awesome.

If you die while rogue, you lose 100x more (not exaggerating) than you win by surviving being rogue. So yeah, definitely need some improvement  :lol:

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2016, 02:05:33 am »
People do it on purpose most of the time so they can kill you freely.

That hasn't happened to me yet... just people with no awareness for now.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:18 am »
It's seriously annoying when you're just trying to extract, some dumbass walks in your line of fire and suddenly you got 10 people hunting you..
Oh yes. Had been pulling my hair, trying to get a full load of nice blues out of this annoyingly super hard area, finally get to extraction and accidentally hit another guy whilst firing at NPCs... Killed some 4 or more players, before finally being gunned down, but saw 2 more die to NPCs due to that  :lol:
Much rage was had, as someone looted my shit before i got back there. Funnily enough, the guy who looted me later ended up accidentally shooting another one during a firefight and i got to kill him and loot his stuff :lol:

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:46 pm »
Most people in this game are cool tho. When I go rogue by accident, I just say "sorry, that was an accident, please dont shoot!"

And I think out of 6 times I only got shot once.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2016, 02:33:04 pm »
+1
All I've seen is that practically everyone goes berserk the moment that red icon appears on the minimap :lol: People want that PvP.