Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!  (Read 20747 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
+1
You fight the same enemies, yes, but the fights are quite challenging, I'm surprised at how good the AI is, considering this is a RPG and not a shooter.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2016, 09:22:06 pm »
+1
You fight the same enemies, yes, but the fights are quite challenging, I'm surprised at how good the AI is, considering this is a RPG and not a shooter.

yep AI is pretty good , they take cover when under fire suppression , they charge you with shotguns , they try to stun you with shock bombs , they retreat sometimes.
Missions are pretty repetitive like the "clear the zone" and "protect this shit" all over the various zones but the main missions are very nice and challenging.
Sabino say that we need pvp and encourage it not just put a zone full of mobs and just one mission to rescue your loot.
It has soo much potential with future free and paid dlcs i think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2016, 09:58:38 pm »
yep AI is pretty good , they take cover when under fire suppression , they charge you with shotguns , they try to stun you with shock bombs , they retreat sometimes.
Missions are pretty repetitive like the "clear the zone" and "protect this shit" all over the various zones but the main missions are very nice and challenging.
Sabino say that we need pvp and encourage it not just put a zone full of mobs and just one mission to rescue your loot.
It has soo much potential with future free and paid dlcs i think.

Whats gonna be in free and what in paid dlcs? I mean it is ubisoft after all.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2016, 12:52:10 am »
I want the central park! And the Empire state building is in darkzone 01, it should be explorable!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2016, 01:31:25 am »
+1
Caved in and bought it today. Gotta say, it is quite addictive...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:19 am »
It looks cool. My only issue is the possible repetitiveness and quickly getting bored of it. I don't want a flash in the pan game. Not at full price anyway.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2016, 03:49:48 am »
+1
So far I'm level 22, just doing the main missions and some of the side stuff with a bud. Haven't even touched Dork Zone content yet and can say that I think this is worth the dosh I dropped for it, for the enjoyment I get out of it and the time I'll have sunk into it by the time I hit 30 and have played through the main missions.

Yeah, the side missions and resource missions are definitely repetitive in terms of format, but are still for their part fun and fairly challenging alone or with friends. Doing the main missions on hard opens up some replay value (I had to wait until level 20 before I could tackle the first mission, level 4, on hard- and then we wiped a few times haha) which is nice. The controls and cover system are also pretty top tier IMO, and the customization aspect (focusing on firearms, or support, or tech/turrets/bombs or some combination- or just in aesthetics, clothing, etc) is pretty rad, a combination of Destiny and Diablo 3(in terms of re-rolling stats especially).

Can't really speak for "end-game" content and replay value yet, but the way up to it has been great, very few complaints (weird bugs where I get stuck in non-game areas, mostly).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:17 am »
Doing the main missions on hard opens up some replay value (I had to wait until level 20 before I could tackle the first mission, level 4, on hard- and then we wiped a few times haha) which is nice.
Surely you don't speak of the tutorial mission? Or is it the stadium one?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:25 am »
It looks cool. My only issue is the possible repetitiveness and quickly getting bored of it. I don't want a flash in the pan game. Not at full price anyway.

Yeah this is my concern as well. It's not that the game looks bad or anything, it's just that I feel I'll get quickly bored of it. Even if I only look at Dark Zone, in the end it's just a shooter with fairly average shooting mechanics (from what I've seen) with one PvP map and game mode (Dark Zone). If it was cheaper and didn't have like 100 paid dlcs already announced, then maybe.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2016, 09:19:54 am »
Well, the enemies only really get bullet-spongy on group missions on hard difficulty, from my experience so far. Standard difficulty, you kill enemies with a single shotgun blast at close range or a medium-long burst from your LMG/Assault rifle/whatever. My magnum handgun kills enemies of my level with 2 headshots now, making using shield pretty nice. And it really is quite addictive.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2016, 12:17:25 pm »
Apparently going rogue (being a player killer) has severe penalties when you die, so a lot of people prefer to just carebear and have dark zone just as another PvE zone.

I don't know I kept reading about this game the past few days and I'm not convinced, not for this price. Apparently the game gets repetitive fast, you fight the same enemies all the time.

I liked how polished it was, when I played the beta and will buy it just for that feeling of a perfectly handling game, when it gets cheaper.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:55 pm »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »
+1
Yeah this is my concern as well. It's not that the game looks bad or anything, it's just that I feel I'll get quickly bored of it. Even if I only look at Dark Zone, in the end it's just a shooter with fairly average shooting mechanics (from what I've seen) with one PvP map and game mode (Dark Zone). If it was cheaper and didn't have like 100 paid dlcs already announced, then maybe.

To me the appeal is that it's potentially a game that can make the DayZ formula actually work, have random people in a freeform gamemode do something else than KoS or ignoring each other.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »
Whats gonna be in free and what in paid dlcs? I mean it is ubisoft after all.
*edit: IGN sucks

here's a useful one
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:00:54 pm by Radament »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »
*edit: IGN sucks

here's a useful one

Really doesn't say that much. Pretty much just 'features and gamemodes' that will be free. They're free to paywall everything with that statement.