Author Topic: Flying Buildings  (Read 807 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Flying Buildings
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:36 pm »
+10
It was mid-afternoon on a fine sunny spring day when the war horns sounded, the brassy notes reverberating through the peaceful valley where a ramshackle village was situated. This small collection of huts was a prosperous region with fertile soil for growing the endless supply that the frontline troops needed. The houses were built of solid stone that could withstand the most powerful catapult shots, it's small village walls were secretly reinforced with iron sheets to prevent any long-term damage. Once more the war horns sounded, the farmers stopped their work their heads turning towards the sound, wide eyed expressions of shock slowly being replaced by looks of fear as over the distant hills poured a  vast army, mail shirts and steel helmets glittering in the sun, spear points gleaming and shimmering like a silver river slowly drawing closer.

Farmers dropped their ploughs and scythes, women dropped their rolling pins and stopped suckling their newborns, horses were saddled, armour was donned, weapons quickly met the brutal onslaught of the grindstone as the villagers rushed to greet the newcomers with blood and steel. In a short space of time villagers had been replaced by warriors, wives by warmaidens and the young shpearded away to the next village, not only were they defending their lives but their homes, their families and their livelihoods. With these thoughts swirling through the murky intelligence that these peasants inheirted their faces set in a sneer of grim determination as they watched their adversary build the catapult that they believed would shatter the defenders to pieces.

'Haha lookie ove' there me boys, look at them there bastards thinkin' that that lil wooden thin' can break oure walls boys, haha wha' stupid basterds.' Lifting his breeches the lone brave fool pissed in the direction of his enemy, 'this is wha' you be gettin' ya basterds, comey get some ya cunts.'

With a loud thwack the catapult launched a solid stone high into the air. Gaining altitiude and speed the stone raced towards the village where it finally smashed against one of the houses doing no noticeable damage....

'Ye basterds' that be my home 'dere, but ya canny do fuck all t-....'

The man was cut short by a sight that will remain with him for the remainder of his peasant days, which wont be long as he was soon fucked over and pissed on by all of his enemy, stupid idiot. For the enemy had a different plan up their sleeve, that stone in fact was some magical device that was able to move the houses themselves with all of it's occupants and belongings...

...visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basically the catapult bugged out and ended up grabbing a house from the village where the attackers were able to use it as a mini fort, shoot from it, climb it, everything!

Dear Lads,
presenting some Screenshots from the hilarious "Ghost Wall Battle" at Jamiche Castle today  :lol:

first i saw a gap...
(click to show/hide)

then i saw the wall...
(click to show/hide)

and then i saw a completely wall defended siege tower...
(click to show/hide)

and then this wall flipped around like in pinball or like a rollercoaster with people drivin' it...
(click to show/hide)

After all this was the most funny Strategus Battle i ever took part and there should be more surprises by the developers like this  :lol:

Have a nice evening guys,
Chris

p.s. in the end Dave got the feeling for the wall and drove it around the courtyard like a pro-tretris-player  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:56:16 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
Re: Strategus Battle Gone Wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:58:28 pm »
+2
lol
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
Re: Flying Buildings
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:15:50 pm »
Bros never die!

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:00 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-issues/ghost-wall-battle/

take a look on EU side  :lol:

Gonna turn it into the flying buildings thread haha check OP for your wall thingy

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:19:11 pm »
Sounds awsome to me!

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:20:07 pm »
+2
Sounds awsome to me!

We lost a few tickets because of the poor bastard archers that were dragged away with it, unfortunately their bodies could no be recovered but we could hear their screams from the village

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:47:29 pm »
Turtles

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »
I quite enjoy this bug. While on NA_3 I managed to actually steer and drive my creation around the map. Keep flying buildings!
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:24:19 am »
Best part of the siege I was at yesterday, the one of which Chris has posted screenshots, was when the wall turned itself over completely and smacked the 5 guys on top of it on the floor. Next time I'll have my recording software at the ready, that was gold.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:13:42 am »
Flying buildings the new flying carpets?

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 06:28:59 am »
+2
You think that's bad? The walls came unglued and attacked players.

At first I notice something in the distance...
(click to show/hide)

I see it clearer now. A rabid wall coming to destroy me.
(click to show/hide)

Its menacing glare as it flew closer to its target.
(click to show/hide)

Other people have noticed the threat and are moving to intercept.
(click to show/hide)

An all out assault with a sparse outfit is launched.
(click to show/hide)

They attack with all they have.
(click to show/hide)

There were no survivors.
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 07:05:01 am »
+2
I was really tired during the battle, and was playing an archer on the roof. When the house just started gliding away from town I had a mild sensation of vertigo. I was dizzy IRL because of a flying house in a video game.

C-RPG what have you done to my life

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:43 am »
+4
I laughed so hard when the building just took off toward the catapult. Then everybody on TS started yelling at Witchcraft.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:59 pm »
I laughed so hard when the building just took off toward the catapult. Then everybody on TS started yelling at Witchcraft.

I cried inside