Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272102 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #3000 on: March 25, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »
The best is the people who harp on you all game until they see you're not being as dumb as everyone else on the team, oddly enough I got something sort of like an apology in one game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/578070629

Leshrac follows me to the offlane after I repeatedly told him to go safe. He feeds about 4 uneeded kills all the while auto-attacking the creeps. I'm not sure what Bloodseeker and Lycan were doing, top fighting over lane farm I suppose. We manage the mid racks but again they stick around and feel like they need to try and break some wells. We manage to keep it together somewhat after that, keeping the lanes pushed almost into the base but then my team decides to rush up hill and get wiped and no one has buyback. I sit helplessly and watch them take all the barracks, towers and ancient.

Past few days I've played I've had non-english speakers for two or three teammates and they always attempt to jump on the first enemy they see, doesn't matter which hero it is, where they are or what hero they're playing.

My calibration matches tricked me into thinking I would have cooperative, communicative teammates 8/10 times.

And how!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »
It's funny, cause I just finished my games and my solo rating is 3646 now . I thought I was lower than that. Haha will you look at that? :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:40:48 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 25, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »
+1
Here, let me commend you for that.
And how!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3003 on: March 25, 2014, 10:20:48 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3004 on: March 26, 2014, 01:15:10 am »
(click to show/hide)

SD head on Warlock is genius. Call me weird but it looks cool
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:50 am »
http://dotabuff.com/matches/579531518

As soon as I play unranked I get a match like this...

We lost, but still, I felt like I played a decent Earth Spirit. No one did anything egregious (from my amateur point of view), said "gg" within the first 10 minutes, flamed anyone for a mistake or misplay and the match-up actually felt "fair". I didn't think, "my god I wish someone on the enemy team would feed our carry", "what is this guy saying?", "why is that guy standing there?", etc.
And how!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3006 on: March 26, 2014, 10:02:04 am »
Got a friend who mostly plays HoN, but sometimes I play DotA with him, never met a guy who rages harder in the game, he will literally use 2 minutes just to flame some guy, funny how people who rage and flame other people for ruining the game actually makes it harder for their team than the guy who died offlane 4 times because the time he uses to type long sentences and what not, he doesn't get any XP or gold or kills for that matter.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #3007 on: March 26, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »
+1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 27, 2014, 01:30:01 am »
A whole slow-mo video about a misclick you see in every game and isn't even particularly bad
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: March 27, 2014, 08:35:22 am »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3010 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:34 am »
Lol the China leaderboards. Cool to see a list of regions.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:37 am »
Haha ok, this mmr level still seems pathetic. Last game, we had a lycan on our team that is not using wolves (only level 1). Unsurprisingly, lycan didn't make much of an impact in any stage of the game. With a bad carry like that, we lost. Another game, lina went offlane and managed to die 2-3 times within the first 5 minutes of the game; again we lost.

I was planning to make my way to the higher mmr levels slowly from on (3640 now), however my win rate is always 45-50% and it looks like it will stay like that. I am not really good at winning with a bad team at all.

Now, I know that, this is true:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
and since I will not be able to get a good team always; I will have to do better myself. After all, there are people who reached better mmr levels so the solution should lie in me.

What exactly is a good way of winning no matter what your team does. I am hesitant to go to mid, because there is almost always someone wanting to go mid and I don't want to break the cohesion within my team. Due to being unpracticed in mid, I'm not good at mid anymore; anyways. So tell me, what is a good way of reaching better mmr levels? Plus, what factors actually effect mmr? Only winning losing, or k/d/a or something else? That way, I will train with the most able heroes and pick those in my games all the time.

Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 27, 2014, 09:46:22 am »
mmr mostly just losing/winning matters
pick influental heroes, but solo que will always be crap
yesterday lowest mmr in my game 2600, highest 4400, just love these stacks

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3013 on: March 27, 2014, 10:37:12 am »
and since I will not be able to get a good team always; I will have to do better myself. After all, there are people who reached better mmr levels so the solution should lie in me.

If someone loses, someone else does win...
So for many people mmr doesn't go down but up, even if they are playing solo and even though they are maybe skilled as you are.

Btw nowadays at least in public games, your team should get 2 carries. After all you got 3 lanes and a jungle. If the carries get a support on their lane, they can also master the off lane and not just have someone farming on safe lane.
It of course also depends on hero choice, a SF can go mid and he can carry the game late as well. Just need to play carefully when facing a QoP mid for example.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 27, 2014, 01:22:39 pm »
Yes, I'm done expecting things to happen like I've seen in higher MMRs and just attempting to keep some cohesion and have some fun.

Of course as soon as I stop playing ranked and go to unranked I start winning games and they feel a bit better overall, aside from one or two out of the last eight.

Last game was the worst, two spanish speakers who constantly pinged, went out alone and fed and then turned to everyone else and complained, in spanish of course so it was lost to the other two english speakers on the team.

I feel kind of bad, completely politically incorrect, racist, and prejudice but; I told them, in spanish, that this is the reason they come to the U.S. and end up washing dishes and cleaning hotel rooms. They stopped pinging after that and were a lot less vocal.
And how!