Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272053 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2970 on: March 23, 2014, 05:15:33 am »
+2
Holy shit @ the sny crit phantom lancer with 2 empty slots at 45 mins.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2971 on: March 23, 2014, 11:10:34 am »
+1
Lich is great if the team runs around as a tight group :P think i have 73% win win 19 games just because the enemy sucks.

Bristleback is a royal pain in the ass to lane against though. But in a game i played Jakiro + AM (me) totally destroyed Omniknight and bristle in the lane. I had 3-4 kills pretty quick and Jakiro took one. We were hitting them so hard they had to send 3-4 up top leaving Cymro as wraith king alone in his lane for long periods at a time :D 
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »
Holy shit @ the sny crit phantom lancer with 2 empty slots at 45 mins.

Unluckily for us it also seemed like Luna had been ancient stacking.

Always make sure you have two TPs on you if you can :D

I generally always have two TPs up until the point where all our T1s are down and then I usually carry just one, on some occasions I'm carrying three. I rarely leave base without one, that was one of the first things I learned when I started playing. It just so happened that this one of 2-4 times I recall actually leaving the base without one, if I do leave without one I have the courier bring me one, I was severely punished for it. I had just enough gold for a Mek so I bought that and when things got hairy in the mid lane I forgot to pick one up.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 24, 2014, 01:08:08 am »
Time to take a break from this game again.

After really good "calibration matches", even just team composition/communciation wise, I've basically lost 2/3rds of my games since. Always has to be at least one guy on mic whining and/or people whining in chat in spanish or russian. I don't mind them speaking in a foreign language but it prevents me from riling them up even more and usually they ping constantly like I know what that's supposed to mean.
And how!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #2975 on: March 24, 2014, 02:04:56 am »
+2
Whenever there is a wave of mental ill people passing by in ranked I just play unranked for a week, try a few ranked games, if people are still as usual utterly retarded then I'll just play more unranked.

Game is fun to play and I'll just iron out some new heroes I usually don't play in ranked whenever I played unranked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #2976 on: March 24, 2014, 03:14:55 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Here's probably the max MMR-difference you're gonna get.
2350 MMR

Just noticed this.. some time ago I played a match where my team's average MMR was ~2k lower than the opponents. You can imagine how the game went.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: March 24, 2014, 03:37:14 am »
But that QoP was ~1k higher then the highest MMR so accordingly he should've been able to single-handily carry the team to victory based on the incomplete data that Valve provided that people make conjecture out of.

Whenever there is a wave of mental ill people passing by in ranked I just play unranked for a week, try a few ranked games, if people are still as usual utterly retarded then I'll just play more unranked.

Game is fun to play and I'll just iron out some new heroes I usually don't play in ranked whenever I played unranked.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/576540770

Crystal Maiden whined for 15 minutes until I muted him. Then Slardar blamed me because I took midlane (even though I said at char select "Slark solo offlane" and used the greyed out marker and waited 'til the last second to pick him) after he picked invoker ~10 seconds past character select, then repicked to Slardar, then followed me to the offlane.

Needless to say Slardar whined that I didn't gank and I hear "ha ha, fresh meat" shortly after I call Pudge missing and what direction he went in (happened at least three times). Morphling silently fed, CM made poor use of her ulti while Enigma and I tried to hold things together.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: March 24, 2014, 09:23:30 am »
+1

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 24, 2014, 11:23:05 am »
Just noticed this.. some time ago I played a match where my team's average MMR was ~2k lower than the opponents. You can imagine how the game went.

The 6,7k player told us we played fairly decent considering our Lone Druid wasn't doing anything except his way of "Solo winning the game" (AKA getting picked off every time trying to splitpush).

And pretty much their low MMR player plays a less relevant hero and then the rest of their team is all higher than us.

Also if you stack with a player who is fake 50 MMR or something your enemy ends up being really below average, so easy stomps to get party MMR up.

Another thing is that people are creating 5k MMR accounts and selling em for $50 so there's right now a wave of buying retards passing by going back all the way to 2k MMR so gotta stay off ranked for a while.  :lol:

Volvo finest matchmaking.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2980 on: March 24, 2014, 11:36:11 am »
+3
I can't believe someone would be that retarded to buy a high MMR account. Do they want to get stomped and fuck over their team or something?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2981 on: March 24, 2014, 11:38:19 am »
Another thing is that people are creating 5k MMR accounts and selling em for $50 so there's right now a wave of buying retards passing by going back all the way to 2k MMR so gotta stay off ranked for a while.  :lol:

The what

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:39 am »
Some people bagoused their way to 7k MMR supposedly when it was still possible. Others do it by somehow setting up ranked matches with their bots. Or just stack with a 50 MMR player to reduce the average lol :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2983 on: March 24, 2014, 11:59:00 am »
At least he got a hat  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 24, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »
No if I play unranked theres 100% smurfs in my team who are 'creating accounts to sell' because I've asked to multiple people, they always tryhard a few heroes like Slark to stomp some games, get 5k MMR because they are 5k MMR themselves, then proceed to sell accounts.

People get stomped yes, but these people think they belong in 5K MMR so they buy an account in there. Either way it fucks ranked up here and there quite alot.

I've looked it up and it's pretty much 150ish hours of playing Dota for $50