Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272062 times)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2910 on: March 19, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »
If it was just about money then id watch poker :P

I mean they make it out to sound like some Hollywood drama when its just some guys playing a game for cash, might watch it i dunno yet :D

It's a look into the players lives before TI and their road into esports.

Not about money.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: March 19, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »
Just finished watching, it's a very decent movie/documentary imo.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2912 on: March 19, 2014, 07:23:41 pm »
If you're into dota 2 scene and enjoy watching player interviews or documentary and maybe one of those 3 is one of your favourite players (or part of your favourite team) it' certainly worth a look. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #2913 on: March 19, 2014, 08:35:56 pm »
You had normal boots all game long, or you disassembled them for a core item, and forgot to upgrade them again ?
They blame you, thinking you'll go support, and yet having 0 wards all game long, maybe. Final stats aren't enough to judge.
Still, a no support team should have been okay at a 50minute farming mark. But there's so little farm on your side. :P
Also, that riki's stuff...

Well I was trying to buy other support items such as euls and force staff because they helped me in lane. Like I needed mana and health so I picked up items in both of those sets. I counted on nyx to buy some support stuff but he told me nyx was a carry.....So basically he went typical greedy nyx and got was only concentrated on dagon. Then they started blaming me for getting kills, and saying to let them get it. Now at first glance that seems bad for a support to take the kill, but they were almost never in range to secure the kill. So of course Im not going to let them get away so I get the kill, and they just shit on me. Pudge and Nyx were in a party together both teaming up on me to shit on me. Naturally they have the most deaths because they thought they were hot shit going into the enemy jungle with just the two of them, almost having it never successful. 

Also I hate it when people think mmr or level is supposed to reflect your "skill". Cause pudge said something along the lines of "dude im level 80, I think I know what Im talking about when it comes to dota. Youre like fucking level 40...."

Grinds ma gears how ignorant and prideful people are. Cant admit they had a bad game. Have to blame it on others with ridiculous arguments. 

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #2914 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »
The documentary is very well produced, good stories in between too. Slightly thick on the DotA über alles stuff sometimes though but given who made it that's to be expected.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2915 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:22 pm »
It was ok i guess, Funny watching how worked up the Chinese get about China vs everyone else
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2916 on: March 20, 2014, 04:17:04 am »
+2
Some people are just retarded beyond belief:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/569936254

cs is horrible because team was moving left to right all the time, had no time to get any.
And we couldn't get towers at all, people sitting on lots of gold or doing stupid shit, like Naga.

Naga wanted to rush radiance but was feeding around without ANY items until 32 minutes or so, when he finally got Radiance, told me that I have no idea about naga siren and this is how you play it go look it up on youtube. What the fuck man.

I told him that if your radiance rush doesn't work for 32 minutes, at least get some fucking boots or something right? No, seems I'm wrong. Top kek. I just don't get it how can people be this retardedly stubborn. Hope he enjoyed his radiance for those two minutes..

Team wasn't pushing at all even if I pinged them 30 times and spammed chat like a madman.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:21:18 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2917 on: March 20, 2014, 05:03:51 am »
+1
Some people are just retarded beyond belief:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/569936254

cs is horrible because team was moving left to right all the time, had no time to get any.
And we couldn't get towers at all, people sitting on lots of gold or doing stupid shit, like Naga.

Naga wanted to rush radiance but was feeding around without ANY items until 32 minutes or so, when he finally got Radiance, told me that I have no idea about naga siren and this is how you play it go look it up on youtube. What the fuck man.

I told him that if your radiance rush doesn't work for 32 minutes, at least get some fucking boots or something right? No, seems I'm wrong. Top kek. I just don't get it how can people be this retardedly stubborn. Hope he enjoyed his radiance for those two minutes..

Team wasn't pushing at all even if I pinged them 30 times and spammed chat like a madman.

Lol, 2.7k damage dealt on that Naga :D

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2918 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:00 am »
+1
Lol, funny how the game before he was on the other team vs you and he won :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2919 on: March 20, 2014, 08:50:58 am »
Lol, funny how the game before he was on the other team vs you and he won :D

After a short winning streak I'm having catastrophic games again <_>

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: March 20, 2014, 09:18:39 am »
+2
After a short winning streak I'm having catastrophic games again <_>

classic volvo :D

Have 5+ wins - catastrophic lose incoming. My winstreak ended with THREE of my teammates disconnecting at about the same time (2 were in a stack, 1 wasn't). We were actually doing pretty well disregarding our bad start (dire had 2 kills before 2 minutes).

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: March 20, 2014, 01:56:32 pm »
Some games are pretty stressful, the payoff is good when you win but really disheartening when you lose.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/569636712

That was one of those games where I was pretty sure for the first ~30 minutes we were going to lose. Slardar and Tusk in our offlane were giving me a bit of trouble pre level 6. Top lane didn't sound like it was doing too well (the guy who played Jugg was constantly berating Shadow Shaman). Engima had most of his black holes interrupted pretty much immediately.

I guess I don't blame the Jugg for yelling at the Shadow Shaman but it wasn't anything constructive and he sounded like a whiney teenager and made plenty of his own mistakes.

I find it a bit tiresome when I feel like I have to babysit people when I just want to play my role, win or lose. I kept constantly having to tell Shadow Shaman not to cross the river alone, tell him and Jugg or Enigma not to push as two or three alone when they're all missing off the map, don't push base after taking the T2 because they were back up in a second and we were injured and low on mana, etc.

As Slark too I find people following me around a lot of the time when I'm looking for a pick-off instead of pushing the lanes back across the river or farming or warding or something.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: March 20, 2014, 02:04:07 pm »
Even losing games can be fun, my most fun games have been really close wins with base races and what not. Most unfun games are chasing rats (furion) half of the time. And there's so many rats in my games... and Miranas. Fucking singsing

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2923 on: March 20, 2014, 02:05:08 pm »
Yeah playing anything like that and people follow you around, Trying to solo rosh is the worst as people pile in and make it painfully obvious that your doing rosh as lycan etc  :cry: Not to mention the bastards who run away after you initiate :D Jump in as enigma blackhole team runs away...... (but the panic on the enemy team when they get hit by scepter blackhole + sand king ulti is hilarious)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: March 20, 2014, 02:15:27 pm »
Even losing games can be fun, my most fun games have been really close wins with base races and what not. Most unfun games are chasing rats (furion) half of the time. And there's so many rats in my games... and Miranas. Fucking singsing

Losing games can be fun but not ones where I see maybe at one point we could win, we're down but we have a couple good teamfights, but then silly mistakes are repeated.

And how!